PDA

View Full Version : Tomoe River Bible

kallenpj
September 16th, 2014, 06:41 AM
If a Bible Publisher were to publish a Bible on Tomoe River Paper, would you buy it? At what price?

Silverbreeze
September 16th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Why would I want one. I don't marginia bibles, though I can see preachers being interested

kallenpj
September 16th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Though you may have no interest, many people annotate their text, underline their text, highlight their text etc. I was just curious to see any sort of response. Many of the texts available do not age particularly well.
I have been told by some, that annotating a text is so that you may gift it to your child and he/she may see what moves you, what ignites you, and you can directly instruct them by your annotations. If I were to take on such a task for my children, I would want the highest quality possible.

Silverbreeze
September 16th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Hmm that's an idea, just hard to get over grandma's the bible is holy and no normal hand should write in it or deface it

I didn't mean to offend anyone just something's stick deep

tiffanyhenschel
September 16th, 2014, 07:19 PM
I would definitely buy it and write in it, too. As far as what I would pay? I'm not sure. There are too many unknown factors. Binding, size, etc.

Sailor Kenshin
September 17th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Only if it had a 'handwritten' kind of font.

anthro-2010
September 21st, 2014, 03:25 PM
I like this idea!!

Mags
September 22nd, 2014, 09:10 PM
Yes, $30-50 for a price for smaller sizes and next issue to sort out will the cover be leather? Will there be note pages. Will it be A4 size $50-90.

AZBennett
September 22nd, 2014, 09:49 PM
I would imagine the cost of just a New Testament in A4 would be pushing 90, after paper cost, custom binding material, font set, etc, the cost would be up there not to mention you would have to have it separated due to size and weight constraints into volumes.

AZBennett
September 22nd, 2014, 09:50 PM
I would buy one, it makes me saf to not be able to annotate mine, though my wife uses her Pilot VP EF nib to write and underline in her current bible.

blopplop
September 24th, 2014, 01:44 AM
I would buy one, depending on the build quality. The price doesn't concern me as much. I've spent almost 200 on a good bible. I won't own a bible I can't write in, so having margins is important to me. Leather bound would be a must. Is this something being seriously considered?

Blessings,
Dave

AZBennett
September 24th, 2014, 09:17 AM
I would imagine this would be something one would have to either have custom made or do a lot of the legwork themselves (sourcing paper, purchasing a digital version that can be manipulated as to pafe layout, printing themselves, etc). It is an awesome concept though.