PDA

View Full Version : Copper vs Copper

Silverbreeze
September 17th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Diamine and Chesterfield both have Copper inks

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/17/14458ad1d8fedd42f7f0777d2b1ba0da.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/17/7b59a6ba0b1d0aec049a70b74a37215d.jpg

johnus
September 17th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Been on this brown ink kick, but Copper might be an alternative! Have to try one. Thanks
Is it the ANCIENT COPPER that you're using?

Silverbreeze
September 17th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Been on this brown ink kick, but Copper might be an alternative! Have to try one. Thanks

One is Diamine ancient copper
The other is Chesterfield antique copper

Only side by side can I see a difference

johnus
September 18th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Thank you.
Just ordered the Diamine.

Cyber6
September 20th, 2014, 03:34 PM

I am not sure you will be able to see a difference... Chesterfield inks are re branded Diamine ink. And this is not a "strong suspicion".. is actually a fact. Forgot were I read it. You can always confirm with xFountain Pens.

Same as their "Architekt" line... is re branded DeAtramantis.

Silverbreeze
September 20th, 2014, 04:21 PM

I am not sure you will be able to see a difference... Chesterfield inks are re branded Diamine ink. And this is not a "strong suspicion".. is actually a fact. Forgot were I read it. You can always confirm with xFountain Pens.

Same as their "Architekt" line... is re branded DeAtramantis.

I like the leakproof bottles :-D

johnus
September 22nd, 2014, 05:04 PM
Diamine just arrived. Tried I it in a fine tip. Not sure that I like it . Seem more like Iodine then Copper. Tomorrow in a medium nib.

Silverbreeze
September 22nd, 2014, 06:27 PM
Wider nibs are better

johnus
September 25th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Agree, thank you for the suggestion. Used the copper with a Pilot Medium nib. It does look a lot better.

Silverbreeze
September 25th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Agree, thank you for the suggestion. Used the copper with a Pilot Medium nib. It does look a lot better.

I have noticed unless it's a pigment ink or Noodler's anything less then medium nib really changes the color even blacks can appear grey or even green

Edit-----
Unless it's a Binderized nib. His tuning makes very juicy nibs unless you ask for dry nibs