PDA

View Full Version : So disappointed with build quality of Dialog 3.

schugh
September 17th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Hello, first time poster here. I joined up so I could vent some frustration.
I hadn't bought a fountain pen in a very long time. But I've had my eye on the Dialog 3 for the last few years.
I finally decided to buy it when a local shop was closing up (owner was retiring).
I've had the pen fall apart on me once already and it happened again today for the second time.
The last time, sometimes the pen would become stiff when twisting the barrel and one day when opening it to fill with the ink, the little piece into which the nib screws in came out with nib.
I was scratching my head why I can't see the threads on the nib section.

Today, after coming out of a meeting, the pen slipped from my hands and fell about 3 feet and now when I open it, the nib is no longer in line with the clip!
Also I've noticed in this version and the last that I had the nib comes our further then I've ever seen in any image. When it's out, you can see a couple of mm of the nib assembly that the nib is mounted on.

I really want to like this Pen. I love it when it is working.
I've already paid for shipping once and now I have to ship it out again.

Moreover I was trying to enter a complaint at the Lamy.com site and it never works. It didn't work two months ago and it still doesn't work.

Just really disappointed. And here in Canada it's not exactly very cheap.

-- Sanjay

Brisboy
September 17th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Sorry to hear it Sanjay, makes me wonder how long it was sitting in the shop and how many hands played with it (and maybe not nicely) before it got to you. Hope you get it resolved.

Adhizen
September 18th, 2014, 05:13 AM
I've had mine for a couple of years and its a solid pen. Sorry to here your experience was not the same. Lamy does have a good guarantee/warrantee, you could just send them the pen to fix. My guess is the pen was mishandled be for you bought it.