PDA

View Full Version : Status of the Pennant

jonveley
September 18th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Hello all,

As many of you know, I accepted the position as Editor of the Pennant, the journal of the Pen Collectors of America.

The first issue under my stewardship is in final layout right now. Although in past years there's been an issue that comes out in the summertime, your PCA board has approved modifications to the annual publishing cycle so that the magazine will now revolve around the calendar of the major shows - that is, each issue will go to production a week after the LA, DC and Ohio shows, so that the news in each issue regarding the goings-on at each of these shows will be fresh (or at least, as fresh as print media allows).

My first issue will have a special feature, which I hope will become an annual thing. At the DC show, I was able to organize a "family picture" of dealers and weekend traders in the ballroom, taken from the balcony, and we are inserting a special 8X10 color picture suitable for framing in this next issue as a benefit for our members. The pictures will not be available for sale: we are only printing enough to include one with each issue of the magazine, and you only receive the magazine if you are a member of the PCA.

I think we are going to be mailing this issue at the end of this month, and we need to finalize our mailing list soon -- so if you haven't already joined the PCA, now's the time to do it. Membership in our non-profit organization is $40 per year and your contributions support the publication of the Pennant for our members, as well as funding our mission of collecting and preserving documents and historical information for the pen community and making this information available to our members. Member benefits include the magazine, access to the PCA's online library of documents, archive of past issues and other ephemera.

The PCA's site is http://www.pencollectorsofamerica.com.

gweddig
September 18th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Thanks Jon,
Can't wait to see the result of your (and many others) hard work.

jonveley
September 18th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Thanks Jon,
Can't wait to see the result of your (and many others) hard work.

Many, many others. One of the others working on this issue referred to this as "herding cats." A pretty apt comparison!