PDA

View Full Version : Rohrer & Klingner - *Limited Edition* Blau Schwarz

kenmc
July 3rd, 2012, 08:29 AM
A package with the insides wrapped in a new blue "eco" bubble wrap was waiting in my mail box yesterday afternoon. :clap2:
I am a blue-black as well as a R & K fan so the price of the Rohrer & Klingner - *Limited Edition* Blau Schwarz didn't bother me too much. If you think about the price of a bottle of Pilot Iro, it's a bargain. If you are thinking about buying it just because of the box, well - let's just say it's much to do about nothing (special). Nothing near as nice as the Visconti ink boxes. I guess I wasn't too worried about the LE part because this morning I can't remember if mine is #29 or #129. I immediatly put some in a Lamy AlStar with a 1.1 and my black Studio with a Pendemonium customized .8ci. It writes like a dream - so far - remember, I just put it in last night, so I don't know how it will act after sitting up for a few days. IMO, if you are looking for a true blue/black, this is it. It ain't pretty, and it don't smell good (or bad), it's just a blue ink that is almost black. I have more than a dozen blue/blacks and this one fits my description better than any of the others.

inky
July 3rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
That pretty much sums up my experiance with the ink too. This is pretty much the definition of blue black. Maybe a slight green hue to it but once it dries it could be mistaken for black pretty easily. Mine was bottle 108 from the Goulets. I kind of expected these to sell out quick but they still seem to be in stock. Maybe it's the price that scares away folks. I find the ink to be a bit dryer in my Edison Nouveau Premire Medium nib then I'd like but that is just personal preference. I had that same feeling with Salix and Scabiosa too though. I'll probably put this in a Nib Creeper flex pen and see how it works.

The Good Captain
July 4th, 2012, 01:53 AM
I've read a lot of comments and don't intend to buy any. That's because of the price. I'll stick to my Edelstein Tanzanite, 4001 Blue-Black and R&K's Verdigris I think.