PDA

View Full Version : SOLD 11 pens ranging from $9 to $65

mhosea
September 20th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Domestic shipping is just $5.25 for any number of pens.

Minimum order is $40 (e.g. $35 + shipping).

Note that all the pens are inked in the photo, but they will be clean and dry when you receive them. Writing samples are coming...

1. Haolilai 601F. Price $10. Beautiful copper flake pattern under lacquer with attractive gold-plated trim. Unique nib puts down a smooth 0.5mm line. I rebuilt and resealed the section recently. Should be a good, reliable pen. Originally $18.99 but no longer available. Piercing tube is Parker diameter (good to know if you are looking for a replacement, but Todd at isellpens.com still has some converters that he sells specifically for these). Comes with original converter (works). Parker cartridges don't fit.

2. Hero 9300. Price $8. One of the higher quality Hero cartridge-converter pens. These go for about $15-$20 new, but don't be so sure you'll get one as good as this. It took me forever to adjust it properly, and now it is an excellent writer. The nib even has a hint of "bounce" that one usually only gets with slightly soft gold nibs. It lays down a super smooth 0.5mm line. If the section were wider in diameter, I wouldn't sell it. There is a blue ink stain on the section (see photo).

4. Wing Sung 3203 with 14K Sheaffer Lifetime Nib. Price $20. This is EF nib, 0.4mm line width. This pen is not very expensive new, but the cheap steel nib that comes with it is terrible, but of course the Sheaffer nib is great, and worth probably about $30 or more on its own. The nib would fit a slender Balance, if that's what you want it for. Accepts international cartridges and comes with a converter.

5. Parker 45 with 14K Fine nib. Price $25. Lays down a 0.4mm line. Comes with original Parker squeeze converter and a modern Parker Quink Black cartridge. Very nice condition.

7. Upscale Sheaffer No-Nonsense with 14K nib from a large, early Sheaffer Balance. It was an oversize Balance, if memory serves, may it rest in peace. Price $40. The nib lays down a extra-fine 0.3mm line. I bought the pen NOS with its standard steel nib from Peyton Street Pens a year or two ago for $24.95. I figure the nib is worth $50 by itself. All the No-Nonsense pens I've had seal really well, so the ink doesn't dry up in them. This one doesn't have a converter (didn't come with one), but I'll supply a modern black Sheaffer cartridge with it.

8. Ranga Premium Duofold Premium Ebonite Fountain pen converted to blow-filler. Price $40. Comes with a rubber bulb that you can use so that you don't actually need to blow in the end of the barrel (which isn't that bad--it's just a puff to deflate the sac inside). The nib is a German Knox K35 nib that I had to shorten to fit properly. It's a smooth wet writer that puts down a medium 0.55mm line. Not the shiniest ebonite I ever did see, and the cap takes 6 full turns to screw on. But it works great, and with the blow-filling system it doesn't have the burping issues that go with the ED fillers. It posts well, but it's 7" long posted and didn't fit in the tray.

Inks for sale:

Levenger Skies of Blue. Almost full (minus a ml or two). $9
Waterman Blue . Full. $8

Sorry for the water spots on the writing samples. If it's any defense, those water droplets came as a result of cleaning the first three pens, which sold quickly.

3. SOLD Sheaffer Balance plunger filler converted to eye dropper. Price $20. Has a nice 14K Sheaffer 33 nib that is younger than the pen. The trim on the pen is in great shape, no brassing. Comes with a syringe and blunt-tip needle for easy filling. Holds quite a bit of ink (don't remember how much--will edit this if I measure it later). Line width is 0.5mm. The price is ridiculous, BTW. The nib alone is worth about $30. I just can't use it because it's too slender for my hand.

6. SOLD Noodler's Ebonite Konrad with 14K Sheaffer Triumph nib and feed. Price $45. I don't know what the scrap value is on Sheaffer Triumph nibs these days, $15? More? It's a decent size hunk of 14K gold, but you won't want to scrap it because it's a solid writer. It lays down a consistent 0.4mm line, and the Triumph nib will fill down to a lower level in your sample vials than a standard setup would. I've fit it perfectly to the pen and sealed it in with silicone, so you shouldn't have leaks or dry-out issues. No flex, of course, but it is worlds better than what you would have if you put a new Noodler's standard #6 nib on a new ebonite Konrad, which would cost you, if memory serves, $45. Let's see, 14K hunk of gold with tried-and-true Sheaffer feed or something you need to fiddle with to get it to work. Hmmmm.

9. SOLD Danitrio fountain pen with 0.7mm (by 0.25mm) stub italic nib. Price $25. I've put this up for sale a few times before but never really dropped the price to let it go. It's a little heavy for me to carry in the shirt pocket and a just slightly long for that, but it's great on the desk. It's worth what I'm asking. You just need to like heavy pens.

10. SOLDFirst-year Sheaffer Snorkel Sentinel. Price $65. I'll put this up on Ebay if it doesn't sell quickly. Nice condition. Restored. Has a solid gold Snorkel tube. Most of these metal caps end up dented somewhere, and this one is no exception, but the only dents on it are just two very slight 1mm diameter flattenings (not depressions) at the end. I actually didn't know they were there until I wanted to write "no dents" and thought I'd better get out a loupe and check! Another flaw is a slight area of 0.3mm chipping on the flange of the barrel that the cap screws up to--hard to see with the naked eye but easy with a loupe. Imprint is clear. The nib is a standard 14K snorkel Triumph nib that puts down an extra-fine 0.35mm line.

11. SOLD Sheaffer Snorkel Special. Price $35. Super smooth Palladium-Silver nib. Restored and in nice condition. I mean, I thought there was a (one) scratch somewhere, but I couldn't find it when I just examined it with a 10x loupe. The only thing I might comlain about with this pen is that the gold plating on the clip never gets all that shiny. It's not brassed, and it doesn't tarnish, but the Sunshine Cloth doesn't seem to bring the clip to a high polish like the cap band. This is an excellent writer, but all Snorkels are a little narrow for my hand.

Silverbreeze
September 20th, 2014, 04:26 PM
I will take 6,10 and 11

Send me a total

mhosea
September 20th, 2014, 04:34 PM
PM sent.

mhosea
September 21st, 2014, 02:55 PM
Still available:

1. Haolilai 601F. Price $10. Beautiful copper flake pattern under lacquer with attractive gold-plated trim. Unique nib puts down a smooth 0.5mm line. I rebuilt and resealed the section recently. Should be a good, reliable pen. Originally $18.99 but no longer available. Piercing tube is Parker diameter (good to know if you are looking for a replacement, but Todd at isellpens.com still has some converters that he sells specifically for these). Comes with original converter (works). Parker cartridges don't fit.

2. Hero 9300. Price $8. One of the higher quality Hero cartridge-converter pens. These go for about $15-$20 new, but don't be so sure you'll get one as good as this. It took me forever to adjust it properly, and now it is an excellent writer. The nib even has a hint of "bounce" that one usually only gets with slightly soft gold nibs. It lays down a super smooth 0.5mm line. If the section were wider in diameter, I wouldn't sell it. There is a blue ink stain on the section (see photo).

4. Wing Sung 3203 with 14K Sheaffer Lifetime Nib. Price $20. This is EF nib, 0.4mm line width. This pen is not very expensive new, but the cheap steel nib that comes with it is terrible, but of course the Sheaffer nib is great, and worth probably about $30 or more on its own. The nib would fit a slender Balance, if that's what you want it for. Accepts international cartridges and comes with a converter.

5. Parker 45 with 14K Fine nib. Price $25. Lays down a 0.4mm line. Comes with original Parker squeeze converter and a modern Parker Quink Black cartridge. Very nice condition.

7. Upscale Sheaffer No-Nonsense with 14K nib from a large, early Sheaffer Balance. It was an oversize Balance, if memory serves, may it rest in peace. Price $40. The nib lays down a extra-fine 0.3mm line. I bought the pen NOS with its standard steel nib from Peyton Street Pens a year or two ago for $24.95. I figure the nib is worth $50 by itself. All the No-Nonsense pens I've had seal really well, so the ink doesn't dry up in them. This one doesn't have a converter (didn't come with one), but I'll supply a modern black Sheaffer cartridge with it.

8. Ranga Premium Duofold Premium Ebonite Fountain pen converted to blow-filler. Price $40. Comes with a rubber bulb that you can use so that you don't actually need to blow in the end of the barrel (which isn't that bad--it's just a puff to deflate the sac inside). The nib is a German Knox K35 nib that I had to shorten to fit properly. It's a smooth wet writer that puts down a medium 0.55mm line. Not the shiniest ebonite I ever did see, and the cap takes 6 full turns to screw on. But it works great, and with the blow-filling system it doesn't have the burping issues that go with the ED fillers. It posts well, but it's 7" long posted and didn't fit in the tray.

Inks for sale:

Levenger Skies of Blue. Almost full (minus a ml or two). $9
Waterman Blue . Full. $8

mhosea
September 21st, 2014, 09:04 PM
Shutting this one down. Some of the remaining pens may resurface next time.