PDA

View Full Version : pens I used today...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

reprieve
April 27th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Lamy 2000, broad nib, Diamine Deep Dark Green.
Pilot Stargazer in red, fine nib, De Atramentis Pigeon Blue.
Pelikan 400NN tortoise, flexible fine nib, Iroshizuku Yama-guri.

Tracy Lee
April 27th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Edison extended Mina (broad nib) with my sample of PR Avocado. I am liking this color! And of course I love the pen.

Bogon07
April 27th, 2014, 05:23 PM
At the other end of the pen expense scale - Jinhao X450 Blue Marble (M) with Iroshizuku Fuyu-syogun.
It makes a nice change to have the lettering on the nib the correct way up for a left-hander too.

caribbean_skye
April 27th, 2014, 06:20 PM
gorgeous pen there Bogon

KrazyIvan
April 28th, 2014, 05:40 PM
TWSBI as a weapon? Just went through airport security, where my VAC700 gave some concern. On scan, the stem of the plunger looks like a knife. So I got to show off the VAC700 (and Diamond 580). Happy to share my pen passion with the folks at Homeland Security!

This is rather funny, because I was once held up for over an hour at parliament, for trying to get in with a black Rotring 600 (the original model). The guards wanted me to show them how this disguised pistol worked. During interrogation I made the mistake of using phrases like "the cartridge goes into. . .". It was not until an older supervisor came in, who knew what a fountain pen was, that I was eventually allowed to enter. To save the possibility of future misunderstanding they simply banned pens from a certain section, so on subsequent visits, no matter what fountain pen I have, I must hand it in to security. This despite the fact that one may only enter that section with a written permission slip.

They banned pens?? I assume you're still permitted to use a pencil. The point mustn't be too sharp, of course.

I have never tried to take a pencil in, but I just asked someone who works there and she tells me that pencils are now banned too, but as they are less likely to show up on the scanners if hidden in an inner jacket pocket it is feasible that someone could get a pencil in. However I would never try because I value my continued ability to enter that chamber and would never knowingly do anything that would put that privilege at risk.

My brother is in law enforcement and he tells me of many ways to disguise a firearm. Pens and pencils included.

disillusion
April 29th, 2014, 01:53 AM
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5159/14046344152_b319b3d18b_z_d.jpg
Newbie here!

Scrawler
April 29th, 2014, 04:17 AM
TWSBI as a weapon? Just went through airport security, where my VAC700 gave some concern. On scan, the stem of the plunger looks like a knife. So I got to show off the VAC700 (and Diamond 580). Happy to share my pen passion with the folks at Homeland Security!

This is rather funny, because I was once held up for over an hour at parliament, for trying to get in with a black Rotring 600 (the original model). The guards wanted me to show them how this disguised pistol worked. During interrogation I made the mistake of using phrases like "the cartridge goes into. . .". It was not until an older supervisor came in, who knew what a fountain pen was, that I was eventually allowed to enter. To save the possibility of future misunderstanding they simply banned pens from a certain section, so on subsequent visits, no matter what fountain pen I have, I must hand it in to security. This despite the fact that one may only enter that section with a written permission slip.

They banned pens?? I assume you're still permitted to use a pencil. The point mustn't be too sharp, of course.

I have never tried to take a pencil in, but I just asked someone who works there and she tells me that pencils are now banned too, but as they are less likely to show up on the scanners if hidden in an inner jacket pocket it is feasible that someone could get a pencil in. However I would never try because I value my continued ability to enter that chamber and would never knowingly do anything that would put that privilege at risk.

My brother is in law enforcement and he tells me of many ways to disguise a firearm. Pens and pencils included.

It is much more understandable with an item like the Rotring 600, especially the original design black one like mine. To the professionally paranoid, the black hex steel barrel and knurling, shouts "weapon". I do not in anyway disrespect or resent them doing their job. Better that there is mild embarrassment, than an assassinated prime minister. The simple expedient, of a blanket ban on certain types of item, contributes to avoiding both possibilities.

RuiFromUK
April 29th, 2014, 05:20 AM
MontBlanc Meisterstuck 90th Anniversary with OBB nib and MB Permanent Grey

Bogon07
April 29th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Lamy Al-Star Graphite(1.5mm Italic) with Toucan Turquoise

Kaputnik
April 29th, 2014, 06:33 PM
No picture, but I have way too many pens inked at one time. Well, six of them, and I usually try to keep it between two and four. I'd gotten two specialty nibs in, and didn't want to wait to try them until I'd emptied another pen. So at one time or another today I used:

Pelikan M200, left oblique cursive italic nib, .9 mm. Diamine Syrah.
Pilot Vanishing Point. Left oblique cursive italic nib, .7 mm. Iroshizuku Asa-Gao ink.
Pilot Vanishing Point, fine nib. Pilot Blue-Black ink.
Montblanc Noblesse. Pilot Blue ink.
Franklin Christoph 27. Masuyama medium stub. Montblanc Royal Blue ink.
Parker 51 Demi Vacumatic. XXF nib. Montblanc Midnight Blue ink. This really shouldn't count as another blue ink; it just looks black.

Bogon07
April 30th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Back to the ConwayStewart73 with Waterman Serenity Blue.

kaisnowbird
May 1st, 2014, 08:11 AM
Visconti Opera Tremadautore, EF nib, mixed charcoal (Platinum Black + J Herbin Cacao du Bresil);
ST Dupont Classique, F nib, PR Copper Burst;
Polot Metro, M nib, mixed emerald green ink.

I can't decide which pen to be rotated out of my EDC...

Bogon07
May 1st, 2014, 05:27 PM
Visconti Opera Tremadautore, EF nib, mixed charcoal (Platinum Black + J Herbin Cacao du Bresil);

Expand you EDC then rotation won't be such a big dilemma !
Your mixed charcoal must look nice.

Polot Metro ? - A polecat/ocelot hybrid - that would be a pretty pen.
I'm still waiting for my Bronze Reptile Metro to arrive.

Jinhao599 transparent blue (care of Murfie, thanks Mr M) loaded with Noodler's Liberty's Elysium.
If you look closely you can see the rubber ring Murfie has placed between the silver ring and the barrel. This stops the barrel from easily unscrewing itself from the grip section.

rgperedo
May 2nd, 2014, 12:41 AM
Today (actually yesterday) I carried my TWSBI 580 EF with Noodler's 54th Massachusetts, and my Kaweco classic Sport, Bordeaux F filled with Sailor nano ink, black.

kaisnowbird
May 2nd, 2014, 10:08 AM

Expand you EDC then rotation won't be such a big dilemma !
Your mixed charcoal must look nice.

Polot Metro ? - A polecat/ocelot hybrid - that would be a pretty pen.
I'm still waiting for my Bronze Reptile Metro to arrive.

Jinhao599 transparent blue (care of Murfie, thanks Mr M) loaded with Noodler's Liberty's Elysium.
If you look closely you can see the rubber ring Murfie has placed between the silver ring and the barrel. This stops the barrel from easily unscrewing itself from the grip section.

I kept the ST Dupont in the EDC and moved the remaining ink in the 'Polot' and the Visconti into two other pens tonight -- the charcoal ink is now in a Parson's Essential with a fine italic nib; the green ink is put into a Parker Duofold mini (modern).

I am attracted to the look of this blue demonstrator Jinhao. I reckon Lamy should do some fun Vista's. I would buy one if they have a smoke Vista.

Bogon07
May 4th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Kai - Jinhao599 also come in transparent darkgrey/smoke & amber(or cognac if you're a Pelikan).

Today's work pen - Delta Musei Vaticani with Alfred Hitchcock.

discopig
May 4th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Still using my Pilot Metal Falcon (SEF) with Diamine Kelly Green.

reprieve
May 6th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Lamy Studio in blue, 1.1mm stub nib, Iroshizuku Shin-kai
Pilot Stargazer in red, fine nib, De Atramentis Pigeon Blue
Nakaya Naka-ai Writer in kuro-tame, B stub nib, Sailor Fuji-musume

Bogon07
May 6th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Canadian Parker Vacumatic with Waterman Mysterious Blue

VertOlive
May 6th, 2014, 06:48 PM
TWSBI Mini Classic w/ 1.5 nib and DeAtramentis' Aubergine.

00Photo
May 7th, 2014, 01:05 AM
I'm still playing with this Taccia. I can't put it down. G Lalo paper and Diamine Ancient Copper ink.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5106/14105052756_552f744b9e_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7361/14124910271_aac0f4b6ba_b.jpg

Tracy Lee
May 7th, 2014, 01:03 PM
That is gorgeous AND made me laugh, all at once.

Fawkes
May 7th, 2014, 02:34 PM
My newest LAMY, the Al-star in Bluegreen. I got it as a treat to celebrate the end of my first year of grad school.
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a629/Kevin_Keller/IMG_2809_zps2066162b.jpg

discopig
May 7th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Wahl "0" Gold-filled ringtop with Noodler's BSAR

jackwebb
May 7th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Pelikan M600 White Tortoise with my new Sailor Jentle Grenade ink and maybe a TWSBI Vac700 before the night is over.

Aleks
May 7th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Parker Sonnet (m) -- used it A LOT today
Parker Vac. single jewel gold finish circa early 30's (mf)
Pilot Kakuno (m) (yes :D )
Kaweco Ice Sport (m)

that's all for tonight folks :D

shudaizi
May 9th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Conid Bulkfiller Streamline Demonstrator

Newjelan
May 10th, 2014, 02:16 AM
Pelikan M205 Taupe with a gold M400 F nib
Pilot Custom Heritage 92 (clear demo) M nib
Pilot VP and M nib
Jinhao 500 Pearl

Malcolm
May 10th, 2014, 02:38 AM
Green marble Parker Challenger...with Diamine Umber.

discopig
May 10th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Wahl #0 Gold-filled ringtop with wet noodle nib

Platinum #3776 Century in SF

Woody
May 10th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Edison Beaumont and the Edison herald. Noodlers night shade and pilot blue

da vinci
May 10th, 2014, 01:49 PM
http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/996nick2009/imagejpg1_zps40e1ef87.jpg (http://s1022.photobucket.com/user/996nick2009/media/imagejpg1_zps40e1ef87.jpg.html)

kaisnowbird
May 10th, 2014, 08:58 PM
1. Montblanc Burgundy Classic, M nib, Diamine Oxblood. (Juicy & springy!!)
2. Pink LE Safari (wife's pen), F nib, Montblanc Lavender Purple
3. Pilot Custom Heritage 92 demonstrator, F/M nib, mixed blue/teal ink
4. Parker Sonnet Matte Black, Pendleton Broad Stub, mixed brown ink - surprisingly shady. :)

Scrawler
May 11th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Last night I had to write a letter to my aunt in Europe, wishing her a happy 90th birthday and explaining why I could not attend her birthday celebration. I used this 1937 Canadian Parker Televisor with Noodlers Apache Sunset.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx153/FPWriter/televisor_zps73df673e.jpg

VertOlive
May 11th, 2014, 02:46 PM
A setback today. I took my Edison Cherry Blossom to a Mother's Day gathering to finish addressing a few cards. I have a distinct tactile memory of placing it in a special pocket in my purse. Alas! When I reached in to show the pen to someone, it wasn't there.

This is what I get for breaking my own rules about leaving the house with certain pens.

Hoping the Archangel of Fountain Pens guides someone to return it...

Sigh...

jackwebb
May 11th, 2014, 04:11 PM
A setback today. I took my Edison Cherry Blossom to a Mother's Day gathering to finish addressing a few cards. I have a distinct tactile memory of placing it in a special pocket in my purse. Alas! When I reached in to show the pen to someone, it wasn't there.

This is what I get for breaking my own rules about leaving the house with certain pens.

Sigh...

That's horrible, I hope it finds it's way back to you.

tiffanyhenschel
May 11th, 2014, 04:17 PM

Sigh...

Nooo!!!!!

I'm so sorry. :(

reprieve
May 11th, 2014, 04:49 PM

Sigh...

:( :( :( :(

Bogon07
May 11th, 2014, 05:22 PM

Sigh...

Here is hoping for a safe return of your wonderful pen.

At work today - Pilot Metropolitan Reptile Bronze Lizard (M) with Noodler's North African Violet.

Scrawler
May 11th, 2014, 06:09 PM

Sigh...

Oh that is sad. I know that feeling. I have experienced that sense of momentary bewilderment, followed by the sense of loss, and I felt it while readying this. I am sorry, and I hope it turns up unharmed soon.

ypsilanti
May 11th, 2014, 08:42 PM

Sigh...

Oh, VO, so sad. May the pen be discovered in your car, closet, or coat pocket.

VertOlive
May 11th, 2014, 09:12 PM

Sigh...

Thanks to all for the kind words. I feel like one of my dogs has gone missing, for crying out loud! I'm imagining someone picking it up [attracted by the color] and pocketing it. Then later pulling it out [now scarred by the change in their pocket] and playing with it, then crinkining the nib while pressing too hard and then throwing it into the gutter-- where it's lying there in the rain, it's Iroshizuku Kosumosu draining from it's tiny convertor, shivering and wishing it's owner would come and find it.

Then a Hummer runs over it and everything goes dark....

:cry:

rgperedo
May 11th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Yikes, I'm sorry to hear that VertOlive.
This is what I used pretty much all day.
http://s14.postimg.org/bl9bglf29/IMG_5054.jpg

vibhi204
May 12th, 2014, 03:30 AM
beautiful pens are featured in above comments i use a basic parker pen which writes really smooth and fantastic long running riffle.

RuiFromUK
May 12th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Pelikan M100 OBB nib with CultPens Deep Dark Purple ink, both courtesy of Jeph.

kaisnowbird
May 12th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Oh VO, don't give in to such thoughts. Let's hope that it was momentarily misplaced and will find its way back to you.

VertOlive
May 12th, 2014, 09:57 AM

Sigh...

Thanks to all for the kind words. I feel like one of my dogs has gone missing, for crying out loud! I'm imagining someone picking it up [attracted by the color] and pocketing it. Then later pulling it out [now scarred by the change in their pocket] and playing with it, then crinkining the nib while pressing too hard and then throwing it into the gutter-- where it's lying there in the rain, it's Iroshizuku Kosumosu draining from it's tiny convertor, shivering and wishing it's owner would come and find it.

Then a Hummer runs over it and everything goes dark....

:cry:

RELIEF! The Archangel of Fountain Pens comes through!!!

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f261/sparrowe/RELIEF.jpg (http://s49.photobucket.com/user/sparrowe/media/RELIEF.jpg.html)

AndyT
May 12th, 2014, 10:11 AM
RELIEF! The Archangel of Fountain Pens comes through!!!

Well thank goodness for that. After your previous heartrending post, I was almost as upset as you.

Bogon07
May 12th, 2014, 05:17 PM
VO that is wonderful news. I would have expected an exclamation mark after (PINK !) though.
It the pen ok ?

At work today with a Pilot Metropolitan Mammal-White Tiger(M) with Noodler's La Couleur Royale.

jokeruk
May 12th, 2014, 05:24 PM
My Lamy Al Star with Lamy blue cartridge. Not surprising really as it's the only one i've used since getting it! (only got a slightly annoying Parker Frontier otherwise).

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7302/13982443980_340591f1e8.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/jokeruk/13982443980/)
untitled (42 of 44).jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/jokeruk/13982443980/) by Leigh Jepson (https://www.flickr.com/people/jokeruk/), on Flickr

Fawkes
May 12th, 2014, 10:28 PM
I love my Bluegreen Al-star, I hope you love yours too.

jokeruk
May 12th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Oh yes! Love my BlueGreen - it's a stunning colour!

rgperedo
May 13th, 2014, 09:25 AM
http://s2.postimg.org/gdsv85815/IMG_3844.jpg

VertOlive
May 13th, 2014, 02:12 PM
VO that is wonderful news. I would have expected an exclamation mark after (PINK !) though.
It the pen ok ?

At work today with a Pilot Metropolitan Mammal-White Tiger(M) with Noodler's La Couleur Royale.

Thanks. The Church secretary [not me] had written that on the envelope she stored the pen in after she'd found it. The pen is unharmed and recovering quietly from its traumatic adventure. Lesson Learned !!!

Mags
May 13th, 2014, 03:15 PM
I am so happy your pen is safely returned.

Bogon07
May 13th, 2014, 11:30 PM
VO so glad. Have your heart palpitations subsided now ?

Today's work pen: Pilot Prera (CM) with Montblanc Midnight Blue.
I was quite surprised to see how small this pen is when it arrived.

writingrav
May 14th, 2014, 05:30 AM
Somehow I had missed this thread until today. I'm glad I didn't have to bear the trauma for days until the resolution. What a terrifying experience

Mags
May 14th, 2014, 05:50 AM
11416. They were all inked. I cleaned them all out on the left yesterday. Just too many inked at one time. 4 is the magic number for me.

Bogon07
May 14th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Nice array of pens there Mags.

At work today Visconti Opera (14K-F) with Visconti Turquoise

Aleks
May 14th, 2014, 05:15 PM
http://origincache-prn.fbcdn.net/1170274_1449963928577152_1677160786_n.jpg

..yes, im a Sailor fanboy :bounce:

RuiFromUK
May 15th, 2014, 01:50 AM
Pelikan M100 Black OBB nib + Cult Pens Deep Dark Purple ink, a present from Jeph with many thanks from me.

vikramguliya
May 16th, 2014, 02:42 AM
Today I was in a shopping mall where I saw a Water-Man show room ..There I was using About some 10-12 Pens All of it was really nice

Tracy Lee
May 16th, 2014, 07:37 PM
It was a really good pen day! :cool:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/17/u2uze5yq.jpg

Bogon07
May 16th, 2014, 09:14 PM
I give up what is the one between the Mazzini & the Davinia ?

InkyThoughts12
May 17th, 2014, 06:24 AM
Pen: Franklin covey Lexington (chrome cap and black barrel)
Ink: J. Herbin poussiere de lune (Moon dust)
A really lovely purple colored ink

Pen: Franklin Covey Lexington (gold trim and chrome body)
Ink: Iroshizuku cerulean blue

Pen: parker vector
Ink: Parker Quink (blue-black)

All the pens I have use converters except for my parker vector :)

Tracy Lee
May 17th, 2014, 06:24 AM
The Delta Mocha Stantuffo. :) It was late and the light was low so it does look darker here.

00Photo
May 17th, 2014, 07:10 PM
My war horse set. Always have them in one of my pockets.
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5550/14186009356_5a4c169552_b.jpg

Bogon07
May 18th, 2014, 06:26 PM
The Delta Mocha Stantuffo. :) It was late and the light was low so it does look darker here.
Oh it does look different in that light.

Today at work the new Delta Titanio Galassia (Ti-F) with DeAtramentis Black-Brown

Aleks
May 18th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Oh it does look different in that light.

Today at work the new Delta Titanio Galassia (Ti-F) with DeAtramentis Black-Brown

this is a pretty sweet looking pen! :D

VertOlive
May 18th, 2014, 08:49 PM
0) Ernst Glass dip pen/ Vert Olive's Home-Brewed "Abyss"

1) Platinum 3776 Koi FP/ MB Red Chalk

2)TWSBI Mini Demonstrator/ Iroshizoku Winter Persimmon

3) TWSBI Mini Diamond Black 1.5/ Organics Studio Walt Whitman Leaves of Grass

4) Edison Premiere Nouveau/ Iroshizuku Kosumosu

5) Pilot Plumix/ PR Spearmint [Inspired by Kenshin on this ink!]

6) Monteverde Prima 1.1/Noodler's Antietam

7)Monteverde Prima #2, 1.1/ Platinum Mix Free Silky Purple

8) TWSBI Mini Classic/ DeAtramentis' Aubergine

Caught up with all my correspondence!

kaisnowbird
May 19th, 2014, 07:41 AM

Woo, me like the look of this one. Recent acquisition?

Today I used:
Lamy Al-Joy with a black medium nib, blue Lamy cartridge - my new desk pen for the office.
Pilot Vanishing Point Yellow with a medium cursive italic by Mike Masuyama, mixed light brown ink.
Pilot Metro (black zigzag), Noodler's X-feather.

discopig
May 19th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Waterman 52 1/2v with Diamine Kelly Green

Eversharp Doric with Noodler's BSAR

Bogon07
May 20th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Visconti 60th Jubilee Imperial Ruby (steel M) Diamine Maroon.

rgperedo
May 20th, 2014, 05:46 PM
http://s30.postimg.org/6r9rezmup/Screen_Shot_2014_05_20_at_7_44_34_PM.png

Bogon07
May 21st, 2014, 07:44 PM
Platinum WallStreet (23K-EF) with DeAtramentis Black-Blue

Bogon07
May 22nd, 2014, 04:43 PM
Lamy Briarwood Accent (14K-F) with Noodler's Burma Road Brown.
The only Lamy I have with a threaded cap. It only takes 1/4 of a turn to unscrew it.

00Photo
May 23rd, 2014, 08:26 PM
Waterman 14, Diamine Syrah, G Lalo and some awesome Fountain Pen Day buttons!

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5586/14068607818_4a9d43405a_b.jpg

dannzeman
May 23rd, 2014, 08:38 PM

I used my Pilot Custom Heritage 912 with the FA nib to write my wife's anniversary card.

VertOlive
May 23rd, 2014, 09:47 PM

I used my Pilot Custom Heritage 912 with the FA nib to write my wife's anniversary card.

What is the pink ink, please?--Happy Anniversary!

Scrawler
May 24th, 2014, 03:24 AM
<snip>

I am completely unfamiliar with this pen. Why does this nib have a chunk cut out of the left side? It does seem to have most excellent flex characteristics. Am I correct in assuming a connection?

Mags
May 24th, 2014, 06:30 AM

Félicitations son anniversaire. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary.

00Photo
May 24th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Playing with some Jinhao 159's tonight.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5477/14259787091_a851ab1f9a_b.jpg
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2938/14076464938_468fcccf4e_b.jpg
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2933/14076542057_504d6ae35f_b.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5526/14239992666_6d5b10a227_b.jpg
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2899/14076452699_97dce3f53b_b.jpg

dannzeman
May 24th, 2014, 11:01 PM

It's Iroshizuku Momiji or Tsutsuji. Can't remember which.

dannzeman
May 24th, 2014, 11:03 PM
<snip>

I am completely unfamiliar with this pen. Why does this nib have a chunk cut out of the left side? It does seem to have most excellent flex characteristics. Am I correct in assuming a connection?

There's actually a chunk cut out of both sides am you're right in assuming it's connected to its flex.

Scrawler
May 25th, 2014, 07:17 AM

<snip for brevity>

That is a lovely shade of blue violet. What is it?

Silverbreeze
May 25th, 2014, 07:29 AM

FA nibs are flex a step above Soft Falcons right ???

reprieve
May 25th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Lamy Studio, 14k XF nib, Sailor Red-brown
Lamy CP1, 14k F nib, Diamine Handel
Nakaya Piccolo, shiro-tame string-rolled, soft medium nib, Graf von Faber Castell Moss Green

discopig
May 25th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Esterbrook SJ Green with Osmiroid Sketch Nib in it.

Holsworth
May 25th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Noodler's Nib Creaper - misbehaving. No matter how many times I adjusted it the ink just wasn't flowing properly - annoying as it's been completely fine up until now!

Also Lamy Joy with 1.5mm nib.

discopig
May 25th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Noodler's Nib Creaper - misbehaving. No matter how many times I adjusted it the ink just wasn't flowing properly - annoying as it's been completely fine up until now!

My Nib Creapers are also very temperamental. Sometimes they'll write for days without issues then on the next fill they will just refuse to behave until I give up on them and leave them in a drawer for a few days, then I pick them up again and they write properly.

00Photo
May 25th, 2014, 07:48 PM

<snip for brevity>

That is a lovely shade of blue violet. What is it?

It is Noodler's Baystate Blue.

dannzeman
May 25th, 2014, 07:50 PM

FA nibs are flex a step above Soft Falcons right ???

Correct. They're much softer and can achieve much greater line width than a soft falcon nib.

Holsworth
May 26th, 2014, 01:00 AM

My Nib Creapers are also very temperamental. Sometimes they'll write for days without issues then on the next fill they will just refuse to behave until I give up on them and leave them in a drawer for a few days, then I pick them up again and they write properly.

Glad it's not just mine. Was disappointing though because I actually wanted to write a letter with it this time rather than just practicing.

da vinci
May 26th, 2014, 01:28 AM
http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/996nick2009/Mobile%20Uploads/c4c54496-650f-411a-9b63-6055afa2f11e_zpsd45c8fe5.jpg (http://s1022.photobucket.com/user/996nick2009/media/Mobile%20Uploads/c4c54496-650f-411a-9b63-6055afa2f11e_zpsd45c8fe5.jpg.html)

vikramguliya
May 26th, 2014, 11:19 PM
I used a william penn and a water man

dannzeman
May 27th, 2014, 08:43 AM

My Pelikan M200 Anthracite with a 0.6mm stub by yours truly.

Holsworth
May 28th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Played around with the Creaper and seems I've got the ink flowing properly again, thanks to a Goulet Pens YouTube video!

00Photo
May 28th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Playing with a Mabie Todd Swan tonight. Diamine Salamander ink. Offhand flourishing is harder than it looks, and it looks hard. LOL.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5476/14272226856_01771625ed_b.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5318/14295356435_7aa4a29f5f_b.jpg

serpent
May 28th, 2014, 10:00 PM
been playing around with a Heritage 1912 - WOW!

AndyT
May 29th, 2014, 04:30 AM
That's very impressive, 00Photo. Not a kink or a wobble in sight. Did you "throw" the stokes away from you in classic style?

discopig
May 29th, 2014, 06:08 AM
One of my Waterman 52 1/2v's, with Diamine Kelly Green.

00Photo
May 29th, 2014, 07:37 PM
I have no style, classic or otherwise LOL. :)

AndyT
May 30th, 2014, 02:22 AM
Good answer, don't believe a word of it though. :)

[Rummages about for a picture] ... there you go, this sort of thing:

If you can make a flourish of that size without resorting to working away from yourself, I'm even more impressed.

Fawkes
May 30th, 2014, 02:07 PM
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a629/Kevin_Keller/photo1_zps09082d98.jpg

00Photo
May 31st, 2014, 05:04 PM
Playing with the Taccia Savanna

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3666/14313711172_0a0d5b7a04_b.jpg

00Photo
June 1st, 2014, 01:03 PM
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5487/14135934187_c35a735323_b.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5544/14135858220_749c05a00a_b.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5488/14342664523_c6e3214732_b.jpg

ypsilanti
June 1st, 2014, 07:12 PM
Stunning!

00Photo
June 2nd, 2014, 06:55 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3924/14332494874_73f5ffe90e_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3904/14333220205_09d6d3df5b_b.jpg

This is usually how I have to use the computer LOL.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2937/14146620700_2c1349efb2_b.jpg

johnus
June 2nd, 2014, 07:05 PM
Jinhao 599 Safari . Bright Blue. Seen to carry these pens around a lot. (Long story.) Used it at BINGO today.

Bogon07
June 2nd, 2014, 07:17 PM
00Photo Nice flourishing what ever style you are using. Your feline companion looks very comfortable. Is it tired from typing up your latest post for your ?

At work SailorProGearImperialBlack (21K-HM) with Waterman Mysterious Blue.

dannzeman
June 3rd, 2014, 05:46 PM

I'm sure you've all been here before but it's been a while for me. I tried filling my Visconti Wall Street LE using it's power filler out of a nearly full sample bottle. Talk about a recipe for disaster. Thankfully things didn't get too out of hand.

reprieve
June 3rd, 2014, 05:59 PM
I tried filling my Visconti Wall Street LE using it's power filler out of a nearly full sample bottle. Talk about a recipe for disaster. Thankfully things didn't get too out of hand.

Ha ha ha ha. I have totally done that. Twice, if you can believe it. Also, if you ever use a power filler with the traveling inkwell, be sure to hold on to that sucker really, really tight. If you don't, the inkwell will launch across the room like a little rocket. Yes, that has also happened to me more than once.

They don't call it a power filler for nothin'.

rgperedo
June 4th, 2014, 10:29 PM
http://s27.postimg.org/f8vzv6u4z/IMG_0147.jpg A very entertaining fountain pen.

gclyn
June 4th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Montegrappa Miya (yellow) Medium nib with Pelkian Edelstein Amber

rgperedo
June 5th, 2014, 08:30 PM
http://s14.postimg.org/m54i3ha4h/Screen_Shot_2014_06_05_at_10_28_56_PM.png

Bogon07
June 5th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Rgperedo, that is nice stylistic writing with the stub.

At work today - Visconti Rebecca Moss Millennium Azure (18K-BB) with Noodler's Ottoman Azure

Lady Onogaro
June 5th, 2014, 10:26 PM
I used my TWSBI RB (which I just got today) and my Sailor Clear Candy (my EDC). I love both of them.

reprieve
June 6th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Today my three-pen case holds:

Lamy 2000, XF nib, Sailor Fuji-musume
Lamy CP1, 14k F nib, Sailor Red-brown
Lamy Studio, 1.1mm nib, Iroshizuku Shin-kai

It's a Lamy kinda day, I guess.

kaisnowbird
June 6th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Today, my little two pen case holds:

Waterman Carene Blue, F, mixed light green/turquoise
Visconti Opera Tramedautore, EF, mixed charcoal
Hero pocket pen, F, J Herbin Terre de Feu

I always try to jam three pens in there.

RuiFromUK
June 6th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Black Pelikan M100 OBB nib + Cult Pens Deep Dark Purple ink at work.

00Photo
June 6th, 2014, 03:38 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3921/14360963134_3863f13c83_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3886/14175227548_56abcacde9_b.jpg

Cob
June 6th, 2014, 05:29 PM
After viewing this thread, I have decided that you lot are NOT going to see any of my scrawl - such stunning work; my compliments! I have years of practising ahead of me if I am ever going to be able to put anything up here!

As for the pens I used today: during the day for my commonplace book and other miscellanea, Swan L3, Swan 4461 and Wyvern 7N. For writing a long letter this evening, Swan 230B-60. And for other scribbling this evening, National Security 222 and Swan 1500 eye-dropper.

Best wishes

Cob

Silverbreeze
June 6th, 2014, 05:35 PM
After viewing this thread, I have decided that you lot are NOT going to see any of my scrawl - such stunning work; my compliments! I have years of practising ahead of me if I am ever going to be able to put anything up here!

As for the pens I used today: during the day for my commonplace book and other miscellanea, Swan L3, Swan 4461 and Wyvern 7N. For writing a long letter this evening, Swan 230B-60. And for other scribbling this evening, National Security 222 and Swan 1500 eye-dropper.

Best wishes

Cob

You carry a CommonPlace book too!!!

Cob
June 7th, 2014, 08:24 AM
I certainly do!

Cob

00Photo
June 8th, 2014, 01:08 PM
I decided to try Blackletter style writing. It.Is.Hard. I'm used to cursive that flows where ever it wants to. Black letter is just a series of repeating shapes. Very rigid shapes. My brain refuses to accept this HAHAAAHAHAHA.

I'm afraid something ominous has happened to my friend the fox.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5568/14189551168_1579febeb6_b.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5039/14372833191_c95a2dc75d_b.jpg

Scrawler
June 8th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Stop showing me this stuff - I am broke.

As to pens I am using today they are a 1940 Canadian Parker Vacumatic filled with Pelikan Koningsblau and an Esterbrook SJ with a 2668 nib filled with Gamma Violet. I am using these today, because yesterday my daughter browsed my pens and selected them to write a note to someone she esteems, consequently they are full and need to be used.

00Photo
June 9th, 2014, 01:42 AM
Today is my brother's birthday. I will not be buying him a card.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3883/14194126367_29d9781f00_b.jpg

00Photo
June 9th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Today's doodle:
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2929/14362458686_e9ab623fe6_b.jpg

top pen
June 10th, 2014, 01:51 PM
A Pelikan m200

discopig
June 10th, 2014, 03:24 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3921/14360963134_3863f13c83_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3886/14175227548_56abcacde9_b.jpg

Very nice! I love drawing flourish birds with my fountain pens too.

00Photo
June 10th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Today's Doodles:
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2900/14392433671_2afbe45314_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3868/14394423432_3d5b7db15d_b.jpg

Crazyorange
June 11th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Today's Doodles:
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2900/14392433671_2afbe45314_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3868/14394423432_3d5b7db15d_b.jpg

There's that beautiful orange pen I almost bought. Still enjoying it?

00Photo
June 11th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Heck yeah, It hasn't seen a day off since i got it. I usually pair it with pen using Baystate Blue for my penpal letters. The combo pops right off the paper.

00Photo
June 11th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Practicing Blackletter today.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3839/14216395009_a1129978c6_b.jpg
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2899/14403051085_eff783a440_b.jpg

Pilot Parallel 2.8, Pilot Parallel 1.5, Lamy Safari 1.5 with Diamine 1670 Rouge Hematite, Osmiroid Calligraphy pen with Diamine Florida Blue, Sheaffer Legacy Fantasy with Diamine Pumpkin, Conklin Endura Senior with Edelstein Turmaline, Edison Collier with Kobe Nunobiki Emerald. Paper is Tomo River.

fountainpenkid
June 12th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Snorkel, snorkel, and more snorkel! I am really happy with my latest acquisition. The grip is very comfortable, and it writes well unposted.

Malcolm
June 13th, 2014, 03:21 AM
A black Conway Stewart Series 100, with a Fine nib, inked with Diamine Green/Black. Lovely.

00Photo
June 13th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Made a Father's Day Card.....

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3866/14414399905_5af51082fc_b.jpg

00Photo
June 13th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Made a poem.
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5031/14392292726_5f4ba915ea_c.jpg

rgperedo
June 14th, 2014, 05:22 PM
http://s2.postimg.org/3v8go1zah/IMG_9363.jpg

Tracy Lee
June 14th, 2014, 07:12 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/15/u2uqu4y6.jpg

It's a shameless love affair. I wrote both reservoirs dry.

Crazyorange
June 14th, 2014, 07:42 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/15/u2uqu4y6.jpg

It's a shameless love affair. I wrote both reservoirs dry.

Wow! Amazing design on your pen. Ssswwweeeetttt!

tandaina
June 17th, 2014, 09:43 AM
My lovely Edison Mina (nib by Pendleton Brown, delicious oblique cursive italic). Filled as an eyedropper and flew yesterday without a drop of ink leaking.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/17/sehera8e.jpg

My Pelikan P1 messed itself a little, Pelikan M400 seems just fine. The P1 is always the pen that leaks for me, ironically.

Tracy Lee
June 17th, 2014, 12:21 PM
My lovely Edison Mina (nib by Pendleton Brown, delicious oblique cursive italic). Filled as an eyedropper and flew yesterday without a drop of ink leaking.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/17/sehera8e.jpg

My Pelikan P1 messed itself a little, Pelikan M400 seems just fine. The P1 is always the pen that leaks for me, ironically.

My Edison Mina is in eyedropper mode 24/7 and has never leaked on a plane. In fact, most of my pens don't leak. That Mina is a beauty!!

reprieve
June 17th, 2014, 03:43 PM
What a gorgeous Mina! Is that a writing sample in the background? What's the lovely burgundy ink?

reprieve
June 17th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Today I used my newly received wavy brass Kaweco Liliput with an extra-fine nib and a Kaweco Blue cartridge. Am really liking the tactility of the wavy brass.

Also used a Lamy 2000, XF nib, with Sailor Fuji-musume and a Lamy Logo, fine nib, with De Atramentis Atlantic Blue.

Bogon07
June 17th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Reprieve, good to see a Lamy Logo getting a workout.

Tandaina the pearlescence on your Mina looks wonderful & the cursive italic appears to produce a very nice line too.

Working today with Visconti Aida Opera (18K-M) with Noodler's Navajo Turquoise.
The blue "candy stripes" celluloid are mostly a much darker greener/greyish blue than the WallStreet or RM Striped Hampton so I may need to match a darker ink to it in the future.

dannzeman
June 17th, 2014, 06:16 PM

Using a few new ones from Montegrappa today including the Miya Carbon, the Extra 1930 Otto, and the Extra 1930 Contempo. Be ready for the reviews! This is gonna be fun!

Bogon07
June 17th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Wow Dan, my head would explode trying to decide which one to ink up & use first.

Looking forward to your reviews.

snedwos
June 17th, 2014, 06:43 PM
FPR Triveni and Lamy Nexx, both (coincidentally) with De Atramentis Atlantic Blue). Just ordered some soon-discontinued Sailor inks, very excited about them. And guilty. Because I've also bought a custom wax seal and 3 pads of tomoe river within the past three days.

reprieve
June 17th, 2014, 08:42 PM

I'm surprised that these don't get talked about more. The brushed steel seems to be very durable and scratch-resistant. It's also light and thin and has a convenient snap cap. It's relatively inexpensive. I like the ridged grip a lot and the spring-loaded clip. Plus it's less bulky than the Safari/Al-Star. It has turned into one of my favorite daily carry pens.

Bogon07
June 17th, 2014, 09:26 PM

I'm surprised that these don't get talked about more. The brushed steel seems to be very durable and scratch-resistant. It's also light and thin and has a convenient snap cap. It's relatively inexpensive. I like the ridged grip a lot and the spring-loaded clip. Plus it's less bulky than the Safari/Al-Star. It has turned into one of my favorite daily carry pens.

I could not agree more. A very under-rated pen.
I recall the smooth stainless steel version having a more rounded ridge profile on the grip section.

00Photo
June 18th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Just finished putting this one together. Took it apart for a good cleaning, took out the XF hard as a nail Accountant nib, put in a super flex wet noodle, then polished and waxed everything. Waterman 52 Red Ripple.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3914/14452896551_29a5dcde64_b.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5575/14476414303_0825e4c9c8_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3858/14455133404_6a20c314a8_b.jpg

minh
June 19th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Hero 336 with 4001 BB, (smooth...)
and finally finished the Brush Pen cartridge in my Preppy, now to fill it with Carbon Black!

snedwos
June 19th, 2014, 12:20 PM
I look at that waterman, cry a little, then look at my FPR Triveni and think to myself: "This looks kind of similar I suppose. In green with silver trim."

Fawkes
June 19th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Today I used my new Parker 61 MKII Flighter, my OMAS Arco Paragon and my recently restored Montblanc Kriegsmodell 234 1/2. Love these pens.
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a629/Kevin_Keller/photo1_zpsf27556c5.jpg

tarheel1
June 19th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Mont Blanc June's Verne with i rosh Isuzu ku jaku, pelican m805 ib nib sailor kobe island sky, my 146 platinum iroshizuku shin kai.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/20/puzyduhy.jpg

00Photo
June 20th, 2014, 05:27 AM
I'm a big dumb dummy. I routinely buy pens JUST for the nib, or JUST for the body, in order to spruce up my pens a bit. I usually will buy pens with damage, as long as the damage isn't on the part I'm after. As a result I have a drawer full of odds and ends that I'm not using. I started playing with all the pieces in there tonight and put this together. Body and cap from a Swan pen, feed and section from a Waterman 12 (who knew it was the same thread pitch?????) , Nib from another Swan. I've had a perfectly good Mabie Todd Swan semi flex gusher sitting in that drawer all this time and I never knew it HAHAHAHAHA. I'm an idiot. It's like a free pen.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3835/14278520070_0d17f21dc2_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3895/14278544128_573a6de488_b.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5550/14278677667_ff3de99b5c_b.jpg

tandaina
June 20th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Using my Edison Mina today sitting outside.... I forget what the name for this material is, but I call it my milky way pen. There is just no capturing the depth of the material or how it shines in the sunlight.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/21/tajatyby.jpg

Cob
June 20th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Swan 1500 eye-dropper, Swan 3360, "Little 75" eye-dropper and the Swan L3 - which unscrewed itself (not for the first time) in the inside pocket of my good grey jacket; it was - repeat was - filled with Diamine's Grape ink...

Oh yes, I had a go with this Ormiston and Glass eye-dropper, but it needs a new feed (and a new cap!)

Cob

00Photo
June 23rd, 2014, 06:25 PM
Inked up the Waterman 52 Red Ripple today.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3840/14306495718_ce33c8fba6_o.jpg
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5318/14493100275_76a5fc9f10_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3883/14513211933_357f8b1830_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3844/14306637637_8c5148ca15_b.jpg
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3896/14493099055_cd5b03531e_b.jpg

Sailor Kenshin
June 23rd, 2014, 07:10 PM
*jaw drops*

Jon Szanto
June 23rd, 2014, 07:34 PM
*jaw drops*

Yeah, except for after all that fancy-ass shit, Hector just used it to pay the phone bill.

Jon Szanto
June 23rd, 2014, 07:38 PM
Just finished putting this one together. Took it apart for a good cleaning, took out the XF hard as a nail Accountant nib, put in a super flex wet noodle, then polished and waxed everything. Waterman 52 Red Ripple.

I clipped the pix, but Hector, that is one magnificent pen, and in hands that are equal to it's artistry (I'm guessing this was the pen that you gave an example of today). What do you use to wax HR pens?

00Photo
June 23rd, 2014, 10:21 PM
I use Renaissance Wax. It's sciencey and stuff and museums use it so I figured I should too. :D

Jon Szanto
June 23rd, 2014, 10:41 PM
I use Renaissance Wax. It's sciencey and stuff and museums use it so I figured I should too. :D

Well, see, that's why I asked: I use it, too. The thing is, I've just recently come across some opinions that suggest it might not be as benign as they bring across, and that museums are shying away from it. I suppose as long is it is only my pens I use it on, no problem. But I am going to do a little further reading, though I've been happy with it for a few years.

And again, lovely pens and equally lovely writing. I could just slap you sometimes... :)

00Photo
June 23rd, 2014, 11:00 PM
Interesting. I've only seen glowing reviews for the stuff.

The best part about that Waterman 52 is that it was FREE. :D

Jon Szanto
June 23rd, 2014, 11:23 PM
Interesting. I've only seen glowing reviews for the stuff.

Well, same here. I recently came across this (http://www.vintagepens.com/FAQrepair/polishing_pens.shtml) on David Nishimura's site (2nd paragraph) and I hold him in high regard. Made me think...

The best part about that Waterman 52 is that it was FREE. :D

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb204/EnvoyC/resource/1337209019847474_animate_zps8922c672.gif

00Photo
June 25th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Today's Doodles.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3857/14484245546_6cea14e36f_o.jpg

Jon Szanto
June 25th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Hector, sometimes I wish I could gush at you even more, but people would talk. That is so beautiful, the penmanship AND the pens.

Also, I've never seen a black-and-white pen, like your Conklin, that has discolored in such a gorgeous way! :) I mean, that almost looks on purpose.

Fawkes
June 26th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Doing a bit of drawing today so, naturally, I am using my Pelikan 400NN Tortoise with needlepoint nib. For general notes, I am using my Parker 61 MKII Flighter.

jokeruk
June 28th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Today I've been using a really cheap WHSmith own-brand pen / cartridge. Writes surprisingly nicely!

Fawkes
June 28th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Pelikan 400NN. Its my go-to pen for drawing and doodling. One day I might need to get another, or two, so I can have backups for this one.
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a629/Kevin_Keller/photo2_zps94721956.jpg

00Photo
June 28th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Used that Waterman 52 and my Pilot Parallels to write and illustrate a short children's story. :D

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5595/14344383610_0174c5eab2_b.jpg

Malcolm
June 29th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Just using a Parker Frontier, inked with Diamine Meadow green...well, it is summer. Isn't it?

Malcolm
June 29th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Pelikan 400NN. Its my go-to pen for drawing and doodling. One day I might need to get another, or two, so I can have backups for this one.
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a629/Kevin_Keller/photo2_zps94721956.jpg

Very nice!

Mags
June 29th, 2014, 06:55 AM
12491 borrowing a Pilot Heritage 92 from my son. He met a pen buddy and though I was not in the mood to buy a pen or trade he was and thus this pen in his collection. He is now 11 and he has a pen for every year old he is.

Kaputnik
June 29th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Pilot Vanishing Point, "Binderized" fine nib, clip removed. Pilot Blue Ink.

Eversharp Symphony, De Atramentis Aubergine.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt221/mapn/Pens/PilotEver_zps5fa7ea5d.jpg (http://s614.photobucket.com/user/mapn/media/Pens/PilotEver_zps5fa7ea5d.jpg.html)

rgperedo
July 1st, 2014, 10:34 PM
This pen is by far the most pleasant writing experience I've had, which is why I use it as my daily journal pen.
Pilot Custom Heritage 92 - F nib - Black demonstrator.

http://s8.postimg.org/f92hjrubp/IMG_0056.jpg

HeresyHammer
July 2nd, 2014, 09:14 AM
Used that Waterman 52 and my Pilot Parallels to write and illustrate a short children's story. :D

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5595/14344383610_0174c5eab2_b.jpg

Fantastic! I always love when beautiful calligraphy comes together with toilet humor. The sacred and the profane in a delicate and mesmerizing dance. BTW, I love the tittles on your T's... I may need to assimilate that into my handwriting.

vikramguliya
July 2nd, 2014, 11:40 PM
Hero 501 and a Waterman 52

Aleks
July 3rd, 2014, 12:49 AM
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xpf1/t51.2885-15/10523584_662604357141009_1568361394_n.jpg

i didn't use them all to write... but i did "use" them to play around with my new photography box :jester: it still counts right?!

Tracy Lee
July 3rd, 2014, 05:08 PM
Delta Stantuffo Mocha (stub) and Visconti Homo Sapiens Crystal (stub). Sailor Jentle Apricot and Jentle Epinard respectively.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/04/7y2y3ezu.jpg

writingrav
July 3rd, 2014, 05:50 PM
An entire day spent with my Visconti Davina Desert Spring and Visconti Sepia ink.

disillusion
July 4th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Testing an ink mix with a Serwex 101 eyedropper used as ink reservoir + holder for Gillott 303.
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2906/14381590730_19e96a7060_b.jpg

reprieve
July 5th, 2014, 02:12 PM
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5345/9276194825_c93a9138c6_z.jpg

Edison Huron in red/white/blue mottled ebonite, broad nib, Noodler's Liberty's Elysium. The photo above shows it with a Binder full flex nib, but I'm using my 18k broad nib in it right now. I always have this pen inked up around the fourth of July! :)

Kaputnik
July 6th, 2014, 04:23 PM
http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt221/mapn/Pens/Conklin4_zps72c69a86.jpg (http://s614.photobucket.com/user/mapn/media/Pens/Conklin4_zps72c69a86.jpg.html)

This is one of the later of the original Conklin Crescents, I believe, probably 1922-25. The nib is smooth writing with a nice fine line, but has no flex, unlike some of the others. I don't carry this one around with me, but when I'm stuck at home, what better way to write letters, or in my journal?

Chi Town
July 7th, 2014, 09:03 PM
I wrote a letter today and used an;

Aurora Afrika LE Fountain Pen Broad Italic Nib
Taccia Buffalo Horn with a Broad Left Hand Oblique Nib
Parker 51 Vacumatic ca; 1948 4th 1/4 Fine nib
Noodlers Ink Pen - Med nib
Sheaffer Taranis Stormy Wine - Med Nib
?

And I'm missing one, ha, ha, ha

Bogon07
July 7th, 2014, 09:51 PM
"Aurora Afrika LE Fountain Pen" nice looking pen. :)

Today two work pens ! (for writing an InCoPenPal letter) Pelikan Place de la Concorde (18K-F) with Noodlers American Blue Eel & Delta Galassia (Ti-F) with Montblanc Albert Einstein.

Avalona
July 8th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Pilot 78G, F nib. I was filling out forms and that was already filled with Noodler's Black Eel, which is probably one of my few appropriate inks for things like that, so. (Also a Bic Atlantis with black ink, but that's because I'm not sure if I trust addressing mail with fountain pens. I'm scared it's going to all just wash off by accident.)

Bogon07
July 8th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Pilot 78G, F nib. I was filling out forms and that was already filled with Noodler's Black Eel, which is probably one of my few appropriate inks for things like that, so. (Also a Bic Atlantis with black ink, but that's because I'm not sure if I trust addressing mail with fountain pens. I'm scared it's going to all just wash off by accident.)
If you are worried about the water fastness of the FP ink you are using, you could cover it with sticky tape or wide transparent packing tape.

Today's work pens Delta Galassia (Ti-F) with Montblanc Albert Einstein & Lamy RubyRed Al-Star(1.1 italic) with Pelikan Edelstein Garnet.

VertOlive
July 8th, 2014, 09:20 PM

I rub the address with a white candle to wax over the ink. No problems yet!

VertOlive
July 8th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Took notes for a class with my Plumix inked with Spearmint Green.

rdcalhoon
July 8th, 2014, 10:05 PM
I moved a Plumix nib into a Metropolitan and loaded it with Spearmint Green. That's a new favorite combo. I'm also mainly using a FPR Dilli (EF) with Noodler's #41 Brown and an orange Kaweco Ice Sport (M) with Diamine Pumpkin.

kaisnowbird
July 9th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Today's work pens Delta Galassia (Ti-F) with Montblanc Albert Einstein & Lamy RubyRed Al-Star(1.1 italic) with Pelikan Edelstein Garnet.

Second mention of your Einstein. A pic please, pretty pretty please.

My inked pens today:
1. Visconti Van Gogh Maxi, tortoise, 14K F nib, mixed brown ink;
2. Duller by Dietrich Lub, Schmidt steel F nib, mixed pine-green ink;
3. Montblanc Classic (burgundy), 14K F nib, mixed purple ink;
4. Lamy Al-Joy desk pen, black M nib, Lamy blue cartridge. (This pen is always inked and permanently resides on my office keyboard.)

Avalona
July 9th, 2014, 10:36 AM
If you are worried about the water fastness of the FP ink you are using, you could cover it with sticky tape or wide transparent packing tape.

I rub the address with a white candle to wax over the ink. No problems yet!

I'll keep that in mind for the next letters! :D

cwent2
July 9th, 2014, 12:09 PM
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5534/14427737497_1e38589223_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/nYVVGM)DSC00339 (https://flic.kr/p/nYVVGM) by cwent2 (https://www.flickr.com/people//), on Flickr

snedwos
July 11th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Second mention of your Einstein. A pic please, pretty pretty please.

I believe this isn't the pen, just the (rather nice looking) grey ink.

Chi Town
July 11th, 2014, 10:03 PM
OK are ya ready for this? I wrote some letters today and here is what I used to write them with;

Fiber Castell E Motion Matt Black Medium Nib, Stipula Speed - Red w/ Italic Nib, Parker Sonnet Cisele France ca; 2000 Fine Nib, Giuliano Mazzuoli Offioina - Micrometer Endmill Thread Medium Nib, Parker 51 Vacumatic - ca; 1948 Fine nib, Aurora Afrika LE Broad Italic Nib, Franklin Christoph m-29 Terricotta Fine nib, Franklin Christoph Piper Prism Medium Italic, Taccia Buffalo Horn - Broad Left Hand Oblique Nib, Delta Nautalis Broad nib, Marlin Liberty Art Noveaux LE Medium Nib, Parker Inflection UK - Broad nib, Visconti Merry - Go- Round Medum Nib, Sheaffer Taranis Stormy Wine - Medium Nib, Watley - Left Hand Oblique Nib, Noodlers Ink Pen - Medium nib, Montaverde Turquoise Stub Nib.....

da vinci
July 12th, 2014, 02:14 PM
http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/996nick2009/imagejpg1_zpsb9d494df.jpg (http://s1022.photobucket.com/user/996nick2009/media/imagejpg1_zpsb9d494df.jpg.html)

Cob
July 12th, 2014, 02:34 PM

Cob

HeresyHammer
July 14th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Fantastic ink selection, Cob. I just inked up my "new" Parker Jack-Knife today with this very same ink. I'm currently a sucker for greens.

What the heck, thought I'd throw in a picture...

00Photo
July 14th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Still can't put this Waterman down.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3913/14656247934_ba0461c36f_b.jpg

Ink is Montblanc Burgundy.

discopig
July 15th, 2014, 12:13 AM

That is a beautiful pen! I love red mottled hard rubber

johnus
July 15th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Using the Jinhao X750. Becoming my favorite pen.12805

snedwos
July 15th, 2014, 03:08 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/16/uqe6e7ej.jpg

Parker vac deb with slightly diluted. De Atramentis Atlantic Blue. Very good combo, actually, the dilution has smoothed it out and produced a nice cool dark blue with a little bit of shading.

reprieve
July 18th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Pilot Falcon in red metal, SEF nib, Pilot Blue

http://www.gouletpens.com/v/vspfiles/photos/PN60463-4T.jpg
(Photo from Goulet Pens (http://www.gouletpens.com/Pilot_Metal_Falcon_Burgundy_ExtraFine_Fountain_Pen _p/pn60463.htm))

snedwos
July 23rd, 2014, 03:46 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/24/atave9eg.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/24/ymyba7u7.jpg

Do I have too many inked pens?

Crazyorange
July 23rd, 2014, 07:38 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/24/atave9eg.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/24/ymyba7u7.jpg

Nope. You are not alone. ;)

Austin_Malone
July 25th, 2014, 09:44 AM
How dare you show off that Black Swan in Australian Roses! Just kidding. I am jealous though.

reprieve
July 25th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Since the sweater I'm wearing today has these wonderful giant pockets, I'm carrying my two favorite pocket pens:

TWSBI Mini black & clear, medium nib, Sailor Sei-boku Blue-black
Kaweco Liliput brass wave, extra-fine nib, Kaweco Blue

RuiFromUK
July 25th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Montblanc Le Grand OBB 90th anniversary edition + Montblanc 90th anniversary permanent grey ink

Cob
July 25th, 2014, 02:13 PM

That is a beautiful pen! I love red mottled hard rubber

I did use these today, but do not care to submit any scribbling. But you'll like the material of this probably worthless no-name set!

Rgds

Cob

reprieve
July 25th, 2014, 02:16 PM
That's a gorgeous mottled red ebonite pen and pencil set, Cob. I especially like the dome tops.

Cob
July 25th, 2014, 02:25 PM
That's a gorgeous mottled red ebonite pen and pencil set, Cob. I especially like the dome tops.

Yes the domes are nice aren't they? And amazingly even the one on the pen unscrewed; the set was pretty grubby but came up very nicely I think - and quickly too (hurrah!) No scratches either. The workmanship is very good I think and the pen's feed is done in RHR like Waterman's and Bayard did. The warranted nib is tiny but really quite nice - and wet too. It's a pity that the set is spoiled by the cheap clips and the fact that there is no name anywhere.

I have been told that pen manufacturers did use sub-contractors and that when work was thin on the ground, sometimes these sub-contractors would produce a few to keep the pot warm so to speak, so I suppose that this is a sort of recession outfit!

best wishes and thanks for your interest,

Cob

snedwos
July 25th, 2014, 05:30 PM
How dare you show off that Black Swan in Australian Roses! Just kidding. I am jealous though.

It's the new purple stuff, it's still beautiful, but nothing to be jealous about.

Avalona
July 28th, 2014, 04:55 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/d89b8c5c5ae7e354cb63b88b908b9ee9/tumblr_n9g25rn6Y31qgeznpo1_500.jpg

Turquoise Pelikan Pelikano Junior with J. Herbin's Vert Empire, and the usual Lamy Safari, M nib, with Noodler's Georgia Peach. The picture is of a page of my rough draft/outline I'm working on.

snedwos
July 28th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Mostly a peppy highlighter filled with J Herbin Diabolo menthe. A useless writing ink, IMO, but a gorgeous highlighting colour.

snedwos
July 29th, 2014, 11:03 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/30/uty7u9ap.jpg

00Photo
July 29th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Using a couple tonight.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5589/14781906535_1827b56d37_b.jpg

VertOlive
July 29th, 2014, 09:08 PM

I see your new pen wrap is jam-chucky full already!

00Photo
August 2nd, 2014, 12:03 AM
Jinhao 159 with a Visconti Dreamtouch nib, Montblanc Permanent Grey ink.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2939/14826960543_1897dca87b_b.jpg

lisantica
August 2nd, 2014, 08:22 AM
My new to me Shawn Newton Townsend:

Kaputnik
August 2nd, 2014, 11:04 AM
The broad nibbed Pilot Custom 74 was from a Japanese eBay seller. Even though I had to buy the large CON-70 converter separately (the seller included a CON-20), I still saved over $50 compared to most US dealers. But...it was originally so dry as to be almost unusable. It was a simple matter of spreading the tines slightly, and now it's a beautifully smooth, wet writer. The pitfalls of fountain pen ownership. Oh yes, today I have it filled with Iroshizuku Shin-Ryoku, a nice green.

I'm not one of those confident people who do their crossword puzzles in pen. The mechanical pencil, an old 1.1 mm one, is for that. Particularly since these NY Times Thursday puzzles are close to the limit of my solving ability.

snedwos
August 2nd, 2014, 01:38 PM

That's beautiful!

tandaina
August 2nd, 2014, 02:09 PM

Please, please do a review of this pen. I'd love to know more about it and how it is to use with that big step.

lisantica
August 2nd, 2014, 10:17 PM
tandaina, I haven't done any reviews yet. I do feel a bit inexperienced to do a proper review.
Quick example is I didn't know what a "step" was until you pointed it out.
What I know is this pen is very comfortable to write with, not to mention a joy to look at.

dannzeman
August 2nd, 2014, 10:24 PM

Visconti Metropolis on loan from Steve Curnow.

Aleks
August 3rd, 2014, 07:55 AM
http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xap1/t51.2885-15/927411_631256630305926_1028373993_n.jpg

a Nice Pen and some NOS peacock blue by Sheaffer :D

Bogon07
August 4th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Thanks Dan that is the first time I've seen a real close up of a Visconti Metropolis.

At work: Visconti Rebecca Moss Azure NY FlatTop (14K-F) with Diamine Soft Mint.

johnus
August 5th, 2014, 05:59 AM
Yesterday and today, same pen: Jinhao X750. Medium point, nice with Waterman Blue Ink.

Tony Rex
August 6th, 2014, 11:49 AM
My current “pocket” pens:
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2927/14833986612_93c6abffce_c.jpg

fpquest
August 6th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Omas 360 with Mike Masuyama fine and Pelikan Blue-Black
http://photos-c.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xap1/925599_898917306804434_1819919279_n.jpg

reprieve
August 6th, 2014, 03:46 PM
TWSBI 580AL, XF nib, R&K Alt Goldgrün
Kaweco Sport in minty blue-green, fine nib, De Atramentis Mint Turquoise

johnus
August 7th, 2014, 07:07 AM
Today's pen is the Jinhao X750.

Kaputnik
August 8th, 2014, 09:38 AM
These "Thursday" crosswords are at about the limit of my ability. I get most of them in the end (in fact, the one I did today was not too hard), but I just got a book of easier crosswords for when my brain needs a rest. And I don't know if I'll progress to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt221/mapn/Pens/Crosswords_zps1f47308e.jpg (http://s614.photobucket.com/user/mapn/media/Pens/Crosswords_zps1f47308e.jpg.html)

Pencil only for crosswords. I have a selection of 1.1 mm mechanical pencils for that, mostly vintage like the Esterbrook in the photo. The pens below it are both Pilots, a Custom Heritage 92 with Pilot Blue-Black, and a Custom 74 with Iroshizuku Shin-Ryoku.

00Photo
August 10th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Broke this one out of the drawer because someone on the FPN facebook page said a nib could be flexible or italic, but not both. :D

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5588/14686587129_525dc8bd1d_b.jpg

Scrawler
August 10th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Broke this one out of the drawer because someone on the FPN facebook page said a nib could be flexible or italic, but not both. :D
<snip>

I am sorry that someone tried to mislead you. Next time you need to know something like this, you should ask me. Unfortunately I do not have camera, else I could show you another Waterman example.

snedwos
August 11th, 2014, 02:21 AM
Saturday: no end of awesome pens. I tried nakayas, vintage flex nibs (:lessthanthree:), f christoph, many viscontis, omas, aurora, deltas... Courtesy of, variously and as appropriate, kenro industries (their show and tell and drink session was great), Bryant Greer, and our very own dan, Tracy, Tim and Samantha.

Sunday: the stuff I bought, namely a glorious writer of a sheaffer balance, a vp (which has a bit of problem with skipping which I failed to spot until Richard binder had packed up) a pilot judan and the waterman ripple with Red nib that Manny has let me borrow for a few weeks.

I'm rather penned out!

Tracy Lee
August 11th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Saturday: no end of awesome pens. I tried nakayas, vintage flex nibs (:lessthanthree:), f christoph, many viscontis, omas, aurora, deltas... Courtesy of, variously and as appropriate, kenro industries (their show and tell and drink session was great), Bryant Greer, and our very own dan, Tracy, Tim and Samantha.

Sunday: the stuff I bought, namely a glorious writer of a sheaffer balance, a vp (which has a bit of problem with skipping which I failed to spot until Richard binder had packed up) a pilot judan and the waterman ripple with Red nib that Manny has let me borrow for a few weeks.

I'm rather penned out!

Safe travels Sam, it was great hanging out with you!!

Crazyorange
August 11th, 2014, 06:00 AM

I'm rather penned out!

Safe travels Sam, it was great hanging out with you!!

Same here Sam. I had a blast talking with you. Really enjoyed your penny pen.

00Photo
August 13th, 2014, 10:19 PM
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5557/14913185845_190880d40b_o.jpg

Quantum Sailor
August 14th, 2014, 12:18 AM
I've been mainly using my Pilot Custom Heritage 92 lately. Though it's a close second for my sailor sapporo and TWSBI 580.

Jody
August 14th, 2014, 08:04 AM
My favorite and "go to" for now. LOL

snedwos
August 14th, 2014, 08:51 AM
My favorite and "go to" for now. LOL

That's pretty.

Jody
August 14th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Thanks, it's even better in person .. the Picture doesn't do it justice.

It shipped with a M nib which was a very smooth and silky writer. However, I am a lefty who generally writes small, so I needed a smaller nib to help make it not quite as wet and also make smaller lines.

Jody
August 14th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Still using the MoP pen (posted earlier) as my main pen .. though it is now loaded with 54th Massachusetts. BUT .. I did just receive my newest pen for the collection ...

AZBennett
August 14th, 2014, 01:38 PM
I am in a two day leadership summit and am using my Sheaffer's school pen, Noodler's Ink Nib Creaper and Eversharp Skyline Demi. Ink choices, Skrip green, De Atrementis Edgar Allen Poe and PI Kon-Peki. Having a blast taking notes.

Alex2014
August 15th, 2014, 09:50 AM
The last arrived: Parker #24 Jack Knife with a flex #4 LC nib heart-hole and "lazy S" engraved. :)

Jody
August 15th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Sorry for the blurred out spots. It was just some notes.

Brisboy
August 15th, 2014, 10:59 PM
These, weird combination but they all write nicely in their own way.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/16/dasesaja.jpg