PDA

View Full Version : Mont Blanc Lavender Purple fountain pen ink on 6 writing papers

Bling72
September 21st, 2014, 03:05 AM
Hello all. I waited a very long time for this ink.

Was privilidged as one of the first few to own and test the new 'improved'
Lavender Purple fountain pen ink from Mont Ink.

I abolutely adore this ink.
It writes ever so nicely on all the papers I have tested on.

All writing is done on 1 nib only, my Mont Blanc Meisterstuck 90th LeGrand
Broad nib.

Mind you, if you can get your hands on Quill Metalic Writing Paper (If you
live in Australia, you can get this from OfficeWorks), this ink is absolutely
incredible.

This Lavender Purple without a double is on my top 3 favourites without a
doubt.

Whether you can use this ink in a corporate/formal environment/situation,
I would leave that to you. If you can only write in blue or black in such
environments, then the answer is no.

When wet this ink is a very dark vibrant grape purple, very dark that it
is getting close to black (from a distance), but when it dries, you can
definately see the dark-red in this purple. Much more beautiful than the
Lavender purple in the fineliner cartridges

Perfect for more informal writing definately.

This is NOT a limited edition, but I would imagine this ink will sell very
quickly.

Well done Mont Blanc, this is an absolute beautiful ink. I never used the
old one so I cannot compare, but I am sure it was definately worth the
long wait.

Any questions about this ink, please feel free to ask me.

Tessy Moon
October 4th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Thank you for sharing! This ink is lovely!
What other purple inks would you say this is similar to?
I love purple inks and am highly considering purchasing a bottle of this!

Tessy Moon
October 4th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Oh also where did you get the marbled paper in the next to last photo? It looks lovely too!
How does it hold up with fp inks?

Bling72
October 4th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Hello, what other inks is this similar to ? I have only the lavender purple for fineliner and it is nothing like this fountain pen edition. Two very different purples.

Look at the 4th photo (second row, the right hand photo), the purple above is the fineliner purple.

This fountain pen lavender purple is of a grape dark purple. If you can find a way to get your hands on Quill Metallic paper, this ink looks absolutely beautiful on it.

It looks very nice on white paper, you could very well use this ink in the office without it looking out of place.

What colours do look nicest on Quill Marbletone paper ? Purples, aquas (out of all the inks that I have tried).

However Mont Blanc's ink of love, is the most beautiful blood red ink that dries burgandy on paper so beautiful on all 6 papers I have tried it on.

Quill is an Australian paper made company, that makes 20+ different colours and kinds of paper to write on and print on. The plain coloured papers are cheaper.

The marbletone paper and metallic come in packs of 25 sheets and cost about $18 per pad. That's quite pricey per page.

However the metallic one has the quality like chamillion paint on a car. If you are not happy with the colour, just move your head, or look at another angle
the colour changes. You would believe/think that coloured ink best match and compliment similar coloured paper, but most of the time it does not.

It doesn't really make the ink stand out. Opposites attract to the eye when it comes to inks. Marbletone paper is quite brown-yellow. Hence Leonardo Red
Chalk is a very light brown-orange kind of ink. Brown orange on brown-yellow paper... no.. Nothing special about it.

migo984
October 4th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Thank you for sharing! This ink is lovely!
What other purple inks would you say this is similar to?
I love purple inks and am highly considering purchasing a bottle of this!

The new Mb Lavender Purple is very similar to Herbin Poussiere de Lune (reformulated version). I have both, & sometimes struggle to tell them apart.

Tessy Moon
October 4th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Is it also close to the reformulated BSAR (the purple version)?
In some review photos I've seen MB LP looks more purple, here it appears more burgundy.
It does seem like a nice dark reddish purple. I am trying to see how much of it is really purple and how much is just burgundy.

I agree it is helpful to know it is similar to the new PdL. I like the look of that one too. Although I thought it was a bit darker and more purple? I suppose it would depend a great deal on pen, nib, and paper.

Bling72
October 5th, 2014, 02:25 AM
Wet is it purple-black (very dark purple). When it dries on white paper, it is still dark, but you can still see the very dark red and/or grape kind of purple.

The nib varies the thickness, and you will see various shades of the colours of the ink only. You won't see different colours even with a broad nib.

The paper makes the ink come out a different colour. Hence I highly recommend try inks on as many different papers as possible. you get a different look,
some give you a much different feel. People can forget some paper enhances the writing experience, which is half of the joy of any calligraphy.