PDA

View Full Version : Noodler's Eyedroppers?

inkyletters
September 22nd, 2014, 07:41 PM
I got my first bottle of ink and received a 2 pens with the bottle- two eyedroppers branded with Noodler's Ink. I am in love- is there anyway to get these pens besides ordering more bottles? They look similar to a nib creeper but not flexy with a great fine point.

Silverbreeze
September 22nd, 2014, 08:15 PM
Nope I tried begging
Only way I know is if we start a forum swap or something

Waski_the_Squirrel
September 22nd, 2014, 08:39 PM
These eyedroppers (by which I assume you mean the actual Noodler's pens not the Platinum Preppies bearing the name) are swell little pens. They're cheap pens, but I really liked mine.

Curtisvan
September 22nd, 2014, 09:19 PM
Exactly. They are preppies. I inked one out it aside for about three months, picked it up and it was good to write immediately. That puts some of the more expensive nibs on notice.

Tsuki yo
September 23rd, 2014, 08:48 AM
I've got some of these. They're not all Preppy's though. The top is the first Noodler's branded eyedropper I got with a bottle of Baystate Blue, it's a Preppy with the feed nipple removed (so it can only be used as an eyedropper) and Noodler's printed on the side.

The bottom one came with my Dragons Napalm and is not a preppy, the end cap comes off to reveal a post for o-ring storage, the pen is over all smaller, and has the Noodler's nib, not the preppy nib or the rollerball insert.

So, you can end up with either when you buy a big bottle of ink, but I don't know if there's any consistency to which bottles yield which pens. And you can only get them with the ink. Hope that helps.

*edit - The Nikita bottle we bought came with two of the Noodler's pens.

inkyletters
September 23rd, 2014, 10:01 AM
Nope I tried begging
Only way I know is if we start a forum swap or something

Do you think I ask SUPER nicely and bake cookies I can pull it off? They are just so lovely and hold so much ink without being too big for my tiny child hands! Many pens that have a large ink capacity (necessary, anthro professors are hella long winded) are to wide and/or VERY heavy which makes my hand tired quickly.

Sigh. I might just have to buy more bottles of ink while double pens is still a thing.... They are quickly becoming my favorite, with only my metro still really competing.

Silverbreeze
September 23rd, 2014, 10:42 AM
Or beg a Edison Pearlette from someone

writingrav
September 23rd, 2014, 05:01 PM
Can the Pearlette be used as an eyedropper? I never realized.

Silverbreeze
September 23rd, 2014, 05:09 PM

Nod Nod almost all Edison pens can be cool huh!!

writingrav
September 23rd, 2014, 05:14 PM

Nod Nod almost all Edison pens can be cool huh!!
That will change my approach to at least the Pearlette if not my Herald too. What about the Goulet- Edison Nouveau?

Silverbreeze
September 23rd, 2014, 05:21 PM
Make sure you have silicone grease but yes in fact I think Brian Goulet did a video on making a Nouveau an eye dropper

I seem remember Brian Gray doing a video on YouTube too

tiffanyhenschel
September 24th, 2014, 02:53 PM
ALL Edison cartridge/converter pens can be used as eyedroppers. I haven't used a converter with an Edison pen in so long I don't remember how long it's been. ;) Herald, Morgan, Premiere, Encore, Pearl, Huron desk pen, Mina

Silverbreeze
September 24th, 2014, 03:04 PM
ALL Edison cartridge/converter pens can be used as eyedroppers. I haven't used a converter with an Edison pen in so long I don't remember how long it's been. ;) Herald, Morgan, Premiere, Encore, Pearl, Huron desk pen, Mina

The ones I am unclear on are the silver cage artsy pens

tiffanyhenschel
September 24th, 2014, 03:09 PM

The ones I am unclear on are the silver cage artsy pens

Ok. I hadn't considered the Stilwell or the Del Coronado, but my guess it that they can be eyedroppers, too. They don't have metal on the inside of the barrel, just the outside overlay, and the threads are cut the same way as the other models.

Waski_the_Squirrel
September 24th, 2014, 04:53 PM
ALL Edison cartridge/converter pens can be used as eyedroppers.

I would be extremely nervous using the Beaumont as an eyedropper since the non-functional blind cap and the grip would both require silicon grease.w

snedwos
September 24th, 2014, 05:01 PM
What Waski said. In fact, I think I remember Brian saying somewhere that he didn't recommend it.

As for the Noodler's pens, check Fountain Pen Revolution for a similar model. They're probably Airmail/Wality pens of some variety.

Woody
October 10th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Actually I have 3 Beaumonts and their ink droppers. All you do is take off the blind cap. Add grease and put it back on. Very easy and reliable. I think Brian didn't recommend it in case the threads on the blind cap don't measure up when you put the cap back on. But it's very simple and trust me it's very reliable.