PDA

View Full Version : Visconti nibs any options ?

sebastien_morissette
September 25th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Does Visconti offers "specialty nibs" or options other than the standard F M B AND BB ?

such as : stub, italic, flex etc....

Silverbreeze
September 25th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I know they have stubs

Tracy Lee
September 25th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Does Visconti offers "specialty nibs" or options other than the standard F M B AND BB ?

They do nice stubs. I haven't seen any italic or flex. The palladium nibs are soft feeling but would not call it flex at all. Their nibs are all pretty fat, even the fine is not super fine, and the BB is HUGE and no real line variation.

EclecticCollector
September 27th, 2014, 04:22 AM
Their 1.3mm stub has been mentioned, as well their palladium nibs could be considered "soft", but that's it. Incidentally they offer an EF also. For anything else you will have to seek out a nibmeister.

RuiFromUK
September 27th, 2014, 07:18 AM
On my side I ordered a stub for my Visconti Opera Crystal.

Laura N
September 27th, 2014, 09:36 AM

They do nice stubs. I haven't seen any italic or flex. The palladium nibs are soft feeling but would not call it flex at all. Their nibs are all pretty fat, even the fine is not super fine, and the BB is HUGE and no real line variation.

I've only used these, but this is exactly my experience. I would add, super wet writing. I think you get a nice bounciness and a really large line for the nib size. They are fun.

dannzeman
September 27th, 2014, 11:15 AM
The 1.3mm stub is very stubbish. It has good line variation and is exceptionally smooth. The stub on the Opera Crystal (the one with the tubular nib) is more italic than stub in that it produces a much thinner horizontal stroke, at least in my experience.