PDA

View Full Version : Writing Practice.

Quantum Sailor
September 27th, 2014, 07:27 PM
So I can't draw with a pen for anything but I enjoy using the pens outside of just work. So I have taken up learning different scripts. Right now I am working on italic and decided to go ahead and torture you all with pictures of my practicing copying down some of Poe's work. I'll probably move into other authors and scripts eventually.

Newjelan
September 27th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Nice job.

Rusty888
September 27th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Extremely nice and well done.

carretera18
September 28th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Great start! I hope you update this thread to show your evolution.

Gotcha640
September 28th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Are you doing this by just looking at an example and taking your time to write carefully, or do you have any particular method? I've been working to be more careful in my writing, mostly because more people are reading my notes, but no specific method.

Quantum Sailor
September 28th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Are you doing this by just looking at an example and taking your time to write carefully, or do you have any particular method? I've been working to be more careful in my writing, mostly because more people are reading my notes, but no specific method.

I downloaded an italic alphabet from the internet, I can't remember what site I got it from, then I just try to write carefully using it as a guide. I've been seeing some worksheets on the internet for free that I may try at some point. It depends on how happy I get with free handing it. I'm pretty critical of my own work so I see a lot of problems I need to get ironed out.

Quantum Sailor
October 1st, 2014, 11:24 PM
So here's the next one that I've done, the poems are somewhat long so they are a few pictures. Not sure if you all want the whole things but here is Dream Land

chojo
October 2nd, 2014, 12:12 PM
Doing great there pal, this could be the inspiration I need to get off my backside and put some serious practice into my handwriting!

GiGi
October 9th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Nice job writing. I should sit down and practice but I will tell you half of my problem is if I made a mistake, no matter how far I was along, I'd have to start over again.

Quantum Sailor
October 9th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Nice job writing. I should sit down and practice but I will tell you half of my problem is if I made a mistake, no matter how far I was along, I'd have to start over again.

This is why I can't draw, I just force myself to keep going when I make a mistake while writing, but if it were a drawing I would trash it and start over so I never get anywhere.

Quantum Sailor
October 9th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Here's the City In the Sea, the theme seems appropriate as we approach Halloween :)

sparkinflint
November 5th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Wow nicely done

GING GING
November 10th, 2014, 07:57 PM
I wish I could write that well.