PDA

View Full Version : Sailor Garnet Lecoule pen

migo984
October 1st, 2014, 07:47 AM
Hello everyone.

On offer is a nearly new Sailor Lecoule pen, in a lovely dark red Garnet colour, with chrome trim. The pen has a very subtle sparkly finish. The pen has only been inked once and is in excellent condition: I'd say almost mint.

This is an entry-level pen for students, new users or for when you just want a pen to throw in a bag when you leave the house.

This pen is fairly small but very comfortable to hold. It is the Sailor equivalent of the Pilot Prera and has almost exactly the same dimensions.

Capped: 123mm
section dia: 10.5mm
length unposted: 108mm
length posted: 140mm

This pen has a firm steel MF nib and is a converter/cartridge filler. I will supply a standard Sailor twist-type converter with the pen.

The first picture below is the actual pen, but as it is an extremely difficult colour to photograph accurately, I'm also attaching a commercial photo that is closer to the real colour. The colour is very similar to Pelikan Edelstein Garnet ink.

if you'd like this pen, please reply in this thread saying why you'd like it. I'm not setting any entry criteria but I'll give preference to those who have contributed to the FPG community by posting in the forum.

This PIF closes on Wednesday 8th October at 7pm BST. I'll post worldwide at my expense.

Wrathen
October 1st, 2014, 08:03 AM
nice PIF. Pretty Pen I'm sure someone will be very happy

mtnbiker62
October 1st, 2014, 09:04 AM
I'm a big fan of Sailor pens, but I've never tried this particular model. I'd love a chance to give it a go! Thanks.

inkyletters
October 2nd, 2014, 07:38 AM
I'm a big fan of small pens. My tiny child hands make me favor smaller and lighter pens so I don't get writing fatigue. Plus, I've never actually tried a sailor and red is my favorite color!

alc3261
October 2nd, 2014, 09:41 AM
It looks very nice, think I might buy one.

ac12
October 2nd, 2014, 10:39 AM
Count me in please.
That looks like a pen my wife will like.

cwent2
October 2nd, 2014, 11:31 AM
Garnet is my birthstone - please count me in for the pif

Thank you for the opportunity

chatminouche
October 3rd, 2014, 09:03 AM
Beautiful pen! I would love to try a Sailor and really like the fact that it's a smaller size... I have smaller hands and prefer a smaller pen... I also really like the colour... please count me in... :) Thank you for the chance to enter!

kidde
October 3rd, 2014, 06:22 PM
Not an entry, just a comment. I'm a big guy, 6'3" 220#, with large hands. Migo said I should get a Prera and a P45 and not worry about size, they would work fine. She is right. She also has great taste in pens.

Paul

Ronnie Aloha
October 3rd, 2014, 08:14 PM
Love me Prera and don't have a red pen yet! Looks perfect! Please include me.

Polyhistor
October 4th, 2014, 03:25 AM
A great PIF, thanks for doing this!
Please count me in as well. I have never owned a Sailor. My only Japanese pen is a Pilot 78g that I love to bits, and I would love to try more Japanese pens.
I have big hands but I'm a fan of small pens with fine nibs.

johnus
October 4th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Very nice of you to do this. While I'm not 'in', I hope the winner will enjoy it!

GiGi
October 6th, 2014, 09:20 PM
I'd love to try a Sailor, and have something I can take to work with me that I wouldn't have to worry about someone picking up and using, though once I've tried it I might get all freaky about it! I haven't contributed yet, but I have used advice for inks and cleaning. I'm still getting my footing as a newbie! Thanks for the chance!

writingrav
October 7th, 2014, 04:47 AM
I have a growing pocket pen collection and garnet is my birthstone too. Count me in.

caribbean_skye
October 7th, 2014, 05:34 AM
i love my prera and would love one that is about the same size to carry around day to day. Also have yet to try a Sailor pen so would love an opportunity.

migo984
October 7th, 2014, 09:01 AM
:bump: Any one else interested? If not, I might draw the winner a day early.

Lady Onogaro
October 7th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Migo,

I would like in if it isn't too late. I can't buy any pens right now, but I like the line and I particularly like the color.

rdcalhoon
October 7th, 2014, 05:31 PM
I'll put my name in. I like to carry a red ink in a second shirt pocket pen and this pen would be a great pen for my red inks. Thanks for the chance.

southpaw52
October 8th, 2014, 01:25 PM
I like this pen for its stunning color, it is unusual and different. I like a pen that has a quirky color. Thank you for the chance.

RayCornett
October 8th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Id like to join in if not too late :)

migo984
October 9th, 2014, 12:18 AM
Morning all,

Thank you for joining in my PIF. Lots of entries makes it fun :)

Using random.org, the winner is:

Lady Onogaro

I'll be in touch via PM to arrange delivery. I hope you enjoy the pen.

i'll be posting another PIF later today, for some nice dot grid loose-leaf A4 paper, so I hope you'll all join in again.

migo

Polyhistor
October 9th, 2014, 02:09 AM
Congrats to the lucky winner!

Lady Onogaro
October 9th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Thank you, thank you, migo! I love the color and am looking forward to using the pen. This was a nice surprise in an otherwise very trying week. :thank_you2:

mtnbiker62
October 9th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Congrats!! And thanks to migo984!

caribbean_skye
October 10th, 2014, 05:25 AM
congrats!