PDA

View Full Version : "Mommy, where's my fountain pen?"

Sailor Kenshin
October 3rd, 2014, 04:48 PM
Said the cuuuute little girl of maybe 7-10 years old.

"In your drawer at home."

I was in the 'pen' aisle of a name-brand office supply store looking for, not a fountain pen, but Magna Tank Gels. And I had spotted Cross refills and grabbed a pack, muttering under my breath about proprietary carts.

The family was in a hurry. So was I. Wish I'd said something. But they're out there, they are.

Fountain pens: the next generation. :)

Plume145
October 11th, 2014, 05:28 PM
cute! I'm glad :-) She's got plenty of boring school hours ahead of her before she's free to work on what actually interests her, but they're going to be a lot less boring using FPs with their enormous potential for customization. Hopefully in the next few years we'll start seeing a larger variety and more style and imagination in the more budget end of the market so she can choose between more than a Safari and a Kaweco sport :P

Sailor Kenshin
October 12th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Yyyeahhhh...I wish everyone hadn't been in such a rush, and I would have asked what kind of fountain pen she had.

VertOlive
October 12th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Kids in mandatory schooling have my sympathies, at least she has something nice to doodle with!

inkyletters
October 12th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Little brother has a green demonstrator jin-fari that he is getting for his birthday from me. Still deciding what shade of green ink to buy him. My favorite ink is OS Edgar Allan Poe so I'm considering the DeArmetis green EAP to compliment mine.