PDA

View Full Version : Swan Blackbird Demonstrator with Diamine Grape!

brando090
July 7th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Here is a quick write up of my newly acquired demonstrator, which ill never write with again :)

http://penspensandmorepens.blogspot.com/

KrazyIvan
July 7th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I can't see the review.

brando090
July 7th, 2012, 02:56 PM
It's at the bottom :)

KrazyIvan
July 7th, 2012, 07:59 PM
That's odd, it was not there before. All I could see where the blog entry list. Must have been a slow connection or something.

brando090
July 7th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Hmmm, sorry about that. I learned that it's not a Swan, but a Marbie Todd. Also David N. had a handful of NOS ones back in the 90's.

snedwos
August 2nd, 2012, 01:07 AM
Swan was a sub brand of Mabie Todd, I believe, so it would be an easy mistake to make. I have a lot of respect for Mabie Todd, I've read they went bust in the 50;s because they refused to sell out and make FPs out of cheaper materials to compete with the rising ballpoint demon.

brando090
August 2nd, 2012, 10:20 AM
Swan was a sub brand of Mabie Todd, I believe, so it would be an easy mistake to make. I have a lot of respect for Mabie Todd, I've read they went bust in the 50;s because they refused to sell out and make FPs out of cheaper materials to compete with the rising ballpoint demon.

Correct, David Nishimura did advice me it was a Mabie Todd, and that he owned a handful of NOS Blackbird Demo's in the 90's.