PDA

View Full Version : Wing Sung 096

gbryal
October 6th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I just received a Wing Sung 096 that I ordered from Amazon.com.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518bpLoU8ML._SL1500_.jpg

(image from Amazon)

It's a Parker-inspired pen, and has a pretty nice brushed metal cap, if you don't mind the 3 horses logo. It has a spring-loaded clip. It's a light pen, and doesn't have any adornment on the end of the barrel.

The metal cover over the sac fell off as soon as I opened the pen. I had to crimp it to get it to stay. I didn't have much hope left for it actually writing at that point.

I inked it up anyway, and the nib I got was really splendid. It's a sharp looking nib and sticks out of the hood like a needle, but is very saturated, controlled, smooth, and fine. I'm going to leave this one inked a while. I am using Parker Quink in Black and on some pens it's sort of grey, but from this nib I get a nice thin black line.

I got the 096 because I had heard the 101 was a good hooded nib pen from Wing Sung, but couldn't locate one. If it's better than this one I'd be happy to own one. This one was $8.50 + free shipping. The downside was it took around a month to show up at my door.

bosipipes
December 31st, 2014, 05:57 PM
I picked up a wing sung 233 from Isellpens for 4 dollars. And it writes wonderful. I liked it so much I ordered 6 more.
They were listed as old, new stock.