PDA

View Full Version : Ink PIF

shudaizi
October 6th, 2014, 07:00 PM
I have five bottles of ink that — for various reasons — I know I will never use again, so rather than just horde them until they succumb to environmental conditions or get tossed out, I’m going to PIF. All have been opened but used only slightly. The ina-ho has had roughly 7 ml used; the rest much less I’m sure. Some are still virtually full to the rim. They've been stored in a box inside a desk. All look and smell good (no SITB or anything else weird), though I must confess I didn't taste them. :)

The inks are:

Diamine Sargasso Sea
Diamine Sherwood Green
Iroshizuku ina-ho (no box with this one as it got thrown out somehow in our recent move -- sorry!)
Organics Studio Aristotle (iron gall)
Noodlers Legal Lapis

And then there are 20 cartridges (unboxed) of Lamy Blue ink that I’m happy to pass on as well. These are of uncertain age — but probably 5 years or so. They all look fine but there might have been some evaporation over the years.

Post if you want to be considered — each person may list one or two inks that they would like. Winners for each bottle will be drawn by random number (random.org). I will let this run for the next week — if there are too few entries or if I just get swamped with work I may extend this PIF for another week beyond that. I will cover postage.

RoboScribe
October 6th, 2014, 07:03 PM
This is really generous! I'd like to enter in for the Diamine Sargasso Sea, and Diamine Sherwood Green.

inkyletters
October 6th, 2014, 07:39 PM
I'd LOVE to get the OS bottle. They were definitely my favorite ink company and I'm greatly saddened by the extended hiatus. I wasn't able to acquire bottles of everything I wanted before they sold out- and Aristole was definitely one of the ones I was upset to miss out on.
Also, this is a lovely PIF for everyone and I LOVE how generous everyone is here.

Wrathen
October 6th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Wow this is very wonderful of you. I'm still very new and building inks I have always wanted to try an Iroshizuku Ink and that is a lovely shade. I have heard so much about them but have yet to had the honor to try one. I would also be happy with the Legal Lapis cause I'm seem to be favoring Blue/Black

Bold2013
October 6th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Please consider me for this PIF. I would like to try either the iron gall or noodlers. Thanks

DMurphy
October 6th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Please consider me for the Diamine Sherwood Green or the Diamine Sargasso Sea. This is a very generous PIF, Thank You.

GiGi
October 6th, 2014, 09:13 PM
I'm a fan of greens, which is kind of like my signature color and I have a VP dedicated to green and would love to try out a different shade. Though I'd love to try the organics I can honestly tell you due to only being allowed to use black ink at work, I wouldn't use it often.
Thank you so much for the PIF!

rdcalhoon
October 6th, 2014, 10:22 PM
A number of interesting choices here. After avoiding blue inks since recently starting using fountain pens I'm ready to try some blue. I'd like to put my name in for the Noodler's Legal Lapis or the Diamine Sargasso Sea. Thanks for the chance.

dex138
October 7th, 2014, 12:09 AM
A very generous PIF! I'd like to put my name in for the Sargasso Sea and the ina-ho. Thanks very much!! Cheers!!!

Ronnie Aloha
October 7th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Thank you so much! Ina Ho and Sargasso Sea for me please.

Sadiq
October 7th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Awesome PIF!! Very generous!!

Please consider me...I'd like to try the Iroshizuku ina-ho & Organics Studio Aristotle.

Thank you
Sadiq

Chrissy
October 7th, 2014, 04:19 PM
This is a very kind and generous PIF.

If I may be allowed to enter for just the PI Ina-ho ink, then I would love to try it. It's a brand that I have recently bought a couple of bottles of, and I like them. In order to save on shipping, I would be more than happy to make that one my only choice.

bec11mort
October 7th, 2014, 08:46 PM
What a kind offer! Ina-Ho has been on my wishlist for quite some time, I'd love to be included.

Tsuki yo
October 8th, 2014, 07:08 AM
I'd love to enter for the Iroshizuku and/or the Noodler's Legal Lapis. What a generous PIF!

chojo
October 8th, 2014, 07:53 AM
I do think this forum has so many generous people who are willing to share what they have it's amazing, please consider me entered for this PIF. I like all the inks so if I win I'll let you surprise me!

johnus
October 8th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Thank you, like to try for the Diamine Sherwood Green.

RayCornett
October 8th, 2014, 10:35 AM
I would love to enter for Diamine Sargasso Sea and Iroshizuku ina-ho! Thanks!

southpaw52
October 8th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Extremely generous PIF. My choices are for the Diamine Sherwood Green and the Organic Studios Aristotle, thank you.

Brisboy
October 8th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Thanks for this PIF! I'd like to be ocnsidered for the Iroshizuku and the Noodlers please.
Always keen for new ink!

ModelAirplanes
October 8th, 2014, 08:06 PM
I'd like to try out the two diamine inks! Thanks for the pif

AZBennett
October 8th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Please consider me for either the Ina Ho or the Sherwood Green. Thanks for this wonderful PiF.

shudaizi
October 14th, 2014, 02:08 PM
*drum roll*

As picked by random.org the winners are ....

Diamine Sargasso Sea -- dex138

Diamine Sherwood Green -- ModelAirplanes

Iroshizuku ina-ho -- Sadiq

Noodlers Legal Lapis -- Tsuki yo

Organics Studio Aristotle -- Southpaw52

I'll be contacting the winners via PM, but if that's you and you don't get one from me in the next half an hour, please PM me directly. I will, of course, need your address in order to send the ink. Please be patient -- it may take me a week or so to get them in the mail as things have gotten a bit hairy at work. I promised free, not fast! :D

johnus
October 14th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Congrats !! Like an early " Trick or Treat!".

Sadiq
October 14th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Thank you so much!

Congrats to the other winners!

Wow...my very first Iroshizuku ink :)

Tsuki yo
October 14th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Yay! Thank you, shudaizi! What a spectacular pif, congrats to the other winners.

ModelAirplanes
October 15th, 2014, 02:14 AM
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My first green ink I'm so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel

shudaizi
October 20th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I've heard from four of the winners -- dex138 hasn't responded. I've given him / her another PM and will allow another couple of days; if I don't hear anything by Wednesday, I'll run another random number from the entrants (and any new ones) to pick the winner for the Diamine Sargasso Sea.

The other inks should go out tomorrow. Sorry for how long it's taken to get them in the mail. Hopefully the post will be quicker than I am!

shudaizi
October 23rd, 2014, 04:16 PM
It's early Thursday evening and I still haven't heard from dex138, so I re-drew for the Sargasso Sea. The new winner is: Ronnie Aloha. I will be contacting you, Ronnie, by pm in a few minutes.

To the other winners: your packages went out Tuesday afternoon. I hope they reach you intact and in good time! Please do let me know when they arrive. :)

jay.is.here
November 1st, 2014, 09:15 AM
great work shudaizi :) congratzzz to all the winners.

Sadiq
November 25th, 2014, 04:38 AM
Here's a writing sample...I love this ink:)
It is slightly lighter than the crappy pic I took.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/FastAsFcuk_sr20/7cdadaa4-d864-486b-9afb-65978ee400e4.jpg (http://s304.photobucket.com/user/FastAsFcuk_sr20/media/7cdadaa4-d864-486b-9afb-65978ee400e4.jpg.html)

I've only used the ink for a few days & find it completely different to the Quink & Diamine inks I'm used to. Love writing with it!

Thank you!

shudaizi
November 25th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Glad you are enjoying it and the "Iro experience", Sadiq! Thanks for posting a pic too -- that's a wonderful treat to see it in use!