PDA

View Full Version : What Ink for Cthulhu Month

Inner Prop
October 8th, 2014, 10:44 AM
I consider October, with its climatic horror holiday to be Cthulhu Month.

I want to use an ink this month that is evocative of H.P. Lovecraft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu)'s Cthulhu (http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/thecallofcthulhu.htm). I will probably only use a sampler sized amount so something that comes in a sample would be perfect.

Additionally I'm a cheapskate so I don't think I want to buy a whole bottle.

I'm thinking something green-black or green soap stone-ish or maybe something bruise purple.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Silverbreeze
October 8th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Noodler's Purple Heart or J.herbin Poussiére De Lune

Sailor Kenshin
October 8th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Right now I'm using Stipula Musk Green in one of my three Halloween pens. If it was any murkier it would be black. ;p

ChrisC
October 8th, 2014, 11:12 AM
If you can get it, Montblanc Jonathon Swift Seaweed Green seems like an ideal choice.

Sailor Kenshin
October 8th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Hmmmm...having both, I would say that the MB is a little softer and more gray-leaning. But as a LE could you still get hold of it?

snedwos
October 8th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Heart of Darkness sounds like it's named appropriately, although it is black rather than any of the colours you requested.

sixbynineis42
October 8th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Sailor (Pen & Message) Cigar....A sickly brown-green.

R&K Alt-Goldgrun has always seems rather Cthulhu green to me.

ChrisC
October 8th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Actually the Daniel Dafoe green that MB just came out with is good. Maybe that would work too.

mtnbiker62
October 8th, 2014, 01:05 PM
How about noodler's el Lawrence?

shudaizi
October 8th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Noodlers Air-Corp Blue-Black (actually a green-black)

Or, if you're willing to go to red, Diamine Oxblood ;-)

Dreck
October 8th, 2014, 06:00 PM
How about noodler's el Lawrence?

I heartily second this, & if you pm your address to me, I'll be more than happy to furnish you with a sample large enough to satisfy the hungriest, head-popping Shoggoth, or the foulest Shantak.

Quantum Sailor
October 8th, 2014, 06:59 PM
If I were an ancient unnamable horror what ink would I like to use...

What color would represent insanity? that tends to be the way his characters went..

Cepasaccus
October 17th, 2014, 04:57 PM
A pure, strong irongall ink, which turns black (in a black fountain pen where the nib is the only metal part).

Bogon07
October 17th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Noodler's Catalpa.
What I call 'Cthulhu spit' sepia.

AtomicLeo
October 18th, 2014, 08:50 AM
De Atramentis had a green I think would work you. It was from the Harry Potter/Wizard inspired line and was called 'Potions Class'. It was this slickly looking green grey that was very well behaved and water resistant! But it stunk! Too bad Goulet doesn't carry the line anymore.

VertOlive
October 22nd, 2014, 08:06 PM
Noodler's Burma Road.

A swampy, infected, bilge-like grey green milked from the Rugoid Fungus of Mars!

Lady Onogaro
October 22nd, 2014, 08:57 PM
Noodler's Burma Road.

A swampy, infected, bilge-like grey green milked from the Rugoid Fungus of Mars!

I like it!

Neo
October 23rd, 2014, 06:05 AM
Diamine salamander

RuiFromUK
October 23rd, 2014, 07:11 AM
What about any of the Cult Pens Dark Inks? Dark Purple sounds good to me.

Bogon07
October 23rd, 2014, 10:01 PM
Noodler's Burma Road.

I like it!

Noodler's El Lawrence is also a suitably eldritch colour & I could imagine Nyarlathotep scribbling some indecipherable note with it.

Sammyo
October 26th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I was recently given a sample ofAkkerman Zuiderpark Blauw-Groen. It is a very interesting, murky, Blue-Green that looks like it was dredged up from some unholy place. Almost like you changed inks without cleaning your pen out first. I think the Great Old One might approve.