PDA

View Full Version : Stationery Trouble

Bogon07
October 10th, 2014, 06:00 PM
After spending sometime searching for a particular Paperblanks notebook this morning I've realized I may have more than enough notebooks.
I suppose you know there is trouble when you start stacking boxes of stationery on the floor. When you start stacking anything is always a bad sign.
The light grey one on top is full of Rhodia pads. :redface:
And here is the Rhodia & Clairfontaine box contents. Many of the Rhodia pads came from the Borders' closing down sale some years ago.

alc3261
October 10th, 2014, 07:03 PM
I know the feeling..........!!

KBeezie
October 10th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Wooo... those are at least some stylish looking ones.

earthdawn
October 10th, 2014, 07:46 PM
LOL...

I should post a pic of my Desk top ...

Though mine are mostly travel size journals but I think I have a few to many ... but can you really ever have to many ?

KBeezie
October 10th, 2014, 07:51 PM
LOL...

Though mine are mostly travel size journals but I think I have a few to many ... but can you really ever have to many ?

When you don't have room to write in one... yea... you can. :P but until then.

earthdawn
October 10th, 2014, 08:07 PM
LOL...

When you don't have room to write in one... yea... you can. :P but until then.

Ok ok ... so I do indeed have too many journals lol ... But I just can bring myself to put them in a box. :crazy_pilot:

VertOlive
October 10th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Love the Einstein journal!

caribbean_skye
October 10th, 2014, 08:39 PM
love the blue cats one

ypsilanti
October 10th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Beautiful collection, Mr Bogon! No, you do not have 'more than enough notebooks'. Doesn't look like you've reached SABLE yet, so no worries. Heard this term defined on a recent Pen Addict podcast: Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy. Cracked me up. And made me feel better about my own stacks of paper. (And, um, bottles of ink.)

Bogon07
October 10th, 2014, 10:23 PM
love the blue cats one
There were some other versions too - it took a fair bit of standing about in the shop like a goose comparing them. The blue cats had a "herded" look better than the multicoloured cats.

Beautiful collection, Mr Bogon! No, you do not have 'more than enough notebooks'. Doesn't look like you've reached SABLE yet, so no worries. Heard this term defined on a recent Pen Addict podcast: Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy. Cracked me up. And made me feel better about my own stacks of paper. (And, um, bottles of ink.)
That was only one of the 7 boxes.
I heard the term SABLE a couple of months earlier from Mrs Bogon in relation to yarn, wool & knitting stuff.
Some of their stuff is unbelievable - entire walls of glass door'd shelving storing yarn. King size beds submerged layers deep in balls of wool.

writingrav
October 11th, 2014, 04:53 AM
I'd be a little embarrassed to get them out of all the places I've stuffed them and collect them in one place.

chojo
October 11th, 2014, 06:29 AM
I dream of having that many journals!

Murfie
October 11th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Doesn't look like you've reached SABLE yet, so no worries. Heard this term defined on a recent Pen Addict podcast: Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy.
Probably off-topic but I have to confess to reaching SABLE on two subjects ... inks and unmade model aeroplane kits. My pens are all going to outlast me as well ...

migo984
October 11th, 2014, 07:17 AM
I think I definitely have more notebooks than you Bogon. And Murfie has only discovered half my stash - so far......... :spy:

VertOlive
October 11th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Here in the states, SABLE may be translated into "Prepping" for TEOTWAWKI.

First, you get your secret bunker....:ph34r:

Murfie
October 11th, 2014, 08:24 AM
I think I definitely have more notebooks than you Bogon. And Murfie has only discovered half my stash - so far......... :spy:
And I've just discovered that migo984's Tomoe River paper stock is definitely SABLE. :dirol:

Llewellyn
October 11th, 2014, 08:38 AM
And I thought the 4 blank notebooks I have sitting on a shelf in my office was too many!!

Sailor Kenshin
October 11th, 2014, 08:44 AM
After spending sometime searching for a particular Paperblanks notebook this morning I've realized I may have more than enough notebooks.
I suppose you know there is trouble when you start stacking boxes of stationery on the floor. When you start stacking anything is always a bad sign.
The light grey one on top is full of Rhodia pads. :redface:

But they're pretty! It's a shame to hide them. Lacking a bookshelf, I'd think of some kinda wall-mounted display.

Murfie
October 11th, 2014, 08:57 AM
SABLE may be translated into "Prepping" for TEOTWAWKI.
The way things are going on around the planet at the moment, if you change the "know" in TEOTWAWKI to "knew" then I think it might have already happened ... :cry:

alc3261
October 11th, 2014, 01:12 PM
I AM CERTAINLY AT SABLE IN MANY THINGS!!

Newjelan
October 12th, 2014, 02:28 AM
Some of their stuff is unbelievable - entire walls of glass door'd shelving storing yarn. King size beds submerged layers deep in balls of wool.

So true... I have a friend who has an entire bedroom (about 4m x4m) devoted to storage of knitting yarns and embroidery materials. She also has some in a storage locker Makes me feel better about 2 shelves of notebooks and paper, 80 inks and 60 or so fountain pens.

ypsilanti
October 12th, 2014, 12:34 PM

So true... I have a friend who has an entire bedroom (about 4m x4m) devoted to storage of knitting yarns and embroidery materials. She also has some in a storage locker Makes me feel better about 2 shelves of notebooks and paper, 80 inks and 60 or so fountain pens.

My mom had an entire room devoted to craftiness as well. She was a quilter (and a pack rat). Shelves and shelves and shelves of fabric.

Plume145
October 19th, 2014, 05:27 PM

The storage locker kind of makes me sad, because those places are often not so great for keeping stuff in good shape, especially relatively fragile items like yarns (as opposed to, say, plastic outdoor toys or packing supplies!) So, unless she gets to it soon, either to use up herself or give away, it might go to waste altogether :/ I feel like not enough people know this going in and most of the ones who learn it do so the hard way :(

Newjelan
October 20th, 2014, 01:46 AM

The storage locker kind of makes me sad, because those places are often not so great for keeping stuff in good shape, especially relatively fragile items like yarns (as opposed to, say, plastic outdoor toys or packing supplies!) So, unless she gets to it soon, either to use up herself or give away, it might go to waste altogether :/ I feel like not enough people know this going in and most of the ones who learn it do so the hard way :(

I didn't know that, not that I have any.

I think she recycles it in and out of the locker as she loves looking at it and touching it as well as using it. She used to own a high end (very exclusive) yarn and patchwork business where the ave customer spend was about $1,000. She's a walking encyclopaedia of craft.

Pendragon
October 21st, 2014, 10:46 PM
Makes me feel better about 2 shelves of notebooks and paper, 80 inks and 60 or so fountain pens.
In addition to the notebooks? That is quite a collection! I have five notebooks, five inks, seven pens and a pad of writing paper and thought that was a huge stash. ;)

I remember those beautiful notebooks in the Borders near me. They were dirt cheap during their going out of business sale. It was sad to see Borders go under, but at least you got a lifetime supply of notebooks.

elderberry
October 26th, 2014, 02:39 AM
That's quite a few notebooks. :D Not SABLE worthy yet though - thanks for the term!

I'm beyond the Stacking Stuff Stadium. Instead most of my living room sideboard is filled with stationery, notebooks, art supplies and the like. It's nice and tidy but - and that's the unsettling part - mostly full. To the brim.
Guess I'm off doing some writing. :D

Sailor Kenshin
October 26th, 2014, 09:36 AM
That's quite a few notebooks. :D Not SABLE worthy yet though - thanks for the term!

I'm beyond the Stacking Stuff Stadium. Instead most of my living room sideboard is filled with stationery, notebooks, art supplies and the like. It's nice and tidy but - and that's the unsettling part - mostly full. To the brim.
Guess I'm off doing some writing. :D

There's always InCo. Write really big. With wide margins. ;)