PDA

View Full Version : Visconti Ragtime 20th Anniversary Limited Edition

tandaina
October 11th, 2014, 07:08 PM
http://tandaina.smugmug.com/Other/Pens/i-9gRbjW5/0/L/DSC08431-L.jpg

Up for sale is my Visconti Ragtime 20th Anniversary Limited Edition pen. I bought this pen as an experiment, had never owned a Visconti before and I just don't use it. The pen is beautiful, the material is really gorgeous, sparkles in a way pictures cannot get across. But I'm apparently a black german pen girl. So here it is.

http://tandaina.smugmug.com/Other/Pens/i-btRpd6R/0/L/DSC08434-L.jpg

Pen comes its original presentation box with a bottle of black Visconti ink.

http://tandaina.smugmug.com/Other/Pens/i-56bSsT5/0/L/DSC08435-L.jpg

Pen is number 46 of the limited edition run (you can see the numbering on the clip here).

http://tandaina.smugmug.com/Other/Pens/i-gmN52jS/0/L/DSC08436-L.jpg

Even the nib is special on this pen. A special edition anniversary ink marked 20th anniversary. This nib started as a regular M. The nib is stiff, no flex. But it has been make into a lovely smooth cursive italic.

http://tandaina.smugmug.com/Other/Pens/i-zNH2rDp/0/L/DSC08438-L.jpg

This pen is quite long, but not terribly think. So while I would call it large, I would not call it oversized. The metal section is comfortable for me, haven't had any issues with that.

Filling system is what Visconti calls a "piston filler." Ahem. What they mean is that it is a trapped piston converter. It works though, takes up ink and puts it back down on the page well. ;)

I'm asking $400 (OBO) for this pen, plus actual shipping costs. I'm not willing to ship outside the US, and will ship to the Paypal address provided at payment.

tandaina
October 19th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Price reduced on this bad boy.

Mags
April 26th, 2015, 02:50 PM
I found it. I am in Canada and not in your shipping area. Thanks for the earlier message.

TheHedgemeister
April 27th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Just a question, can you come down in price... a lot? Can you guess where I saw a *NEW* one, cheaper?
Oh and they are willing to ship outside the US too!

tandaina
April 27th, 2015, 12:11 PM
Just a question, can you come down in price... a lot? Can you guess where I saw a *NEW* one, cheaper?
Then by all means buy that one!

Curtisvan
April 27th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Well said tandaina. That was an uncalled for rude post by theHedgemeister.

tandaina
April 27th, 2015, 12:40 PM
He's obviously a troll, classic behavior for one. So the best thing is to ignore him, he'll get bored and wander away.

akapulko2020
April 27th, 2015, 12:48 PM
He's obviously a troll, classic behavior for one. So the best thing is to ignore him, he'll get bored and wander away.
Agreed . Sorry I've just fed the said troll myself in the other thread [emoji12]

Uncle Bud
April 27th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Then by all means buy that one!

Well said Tandaina, very rude post, but your reply actually made me laugh out loud.

TheHedgemeister
April 27th, 2015, 07:49 PM
If you read very closely I asked "Can you come down in price?". I can get a *NEW* one on eBay for US$375 so will offer US$300 for your secondhand one. Genuine offer.
To the rest of the inner-sanctum of fpgeeks, mind your business.

reprieve
April 27th, 2015, 08:45 PM
If you read very closely I asked "Can you come down in price?". I can get a *NEW* one on eBay for US$375 so will offer US$300 for your secondhand one. Genuine offer.

I wonder if you know how you're coming across. Because it's not very flattering.

kaisnowbird
April 28th, 2015, 07:31 AM

I never thought I'll get a chance to use this smiley, but ... :puke:

Uncle Bud
April 28th, 2015, 02:50 PM

I wonder if you know how you're coming across. Because it's not very flattering.

You should really consider how you say something, once you press enter it's out there for everyone to see, so if you mean something as a joke, think, how would I feel if someone said that about my post. I thought your response read very rudely. Just remember the internet is immediate.

Curtisvan
April 28th, 2015, 03:21 PM

You actually said can you come down in price A LOT. Why even ask? If you're willing to trust the eBay pen is genuine then go for it.

earthdawn
April 28th, 2015, 04:04 PM

Ok... I have had enough of this... this is the second thread I am reading yours... Stop with the public berating of pricing.

PM the person selling the item and ask. If the answer is no then it is no...

This is "our" business and as a group we are tell you to knock it off and follow the rules.

You joined 2 days ago and have only posted in threads in the classifieds hounding those selling about the prices they are asking and how you can find them cheaper on eBay.

If you want to join in the conversations on the board thats fine and you are welcome to but this is the end for the public haggling and debating.

I am as mild mannered as they come and 99% of the time I sit out on this stuff but I'm not going to read this crap anymore.

Crazyorange
April 28th, 2015, 05:38 PM

Ok... I have had enough of this... this is the second thread I am reading yours... Stop with the public berating of pricing.

This is "our" business and as a group we are tell you to knock it off and follow the rules.

You joined 2 days ago and have only posted in threads in the classifieds hounding those selling about the prices they are asking and how you can find them cheaper on eBay.

If you want to join in the conversations on the board thats fine and you are welcome to but this is the end for the public haggling and debating.

I am as mild mannered as they come and 99% of the time I sit out on this stuff but I'm not going to read this crap anymore.

Woohoo!!!!! Well said!!!! Go earth dawn!

Uncle Bud
April 29th, 2015, 12:04 PM

Woohoo!!!!! Well said!!!! Go earth dawn!

Well said Earthdawn, it's not even funny, if he wants to buy from somewhere cheaper, rather than a reputable, respected seller, then just go do it.

writingrav
April 29th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Where's our moderator when we need him?