PDA

View Full Version : Pelikan M605 Marine Blue

Jeph
October 12th, 2014, 03:53 AM
This pen had been on my list for a while so when Fountain Pen Hospital put it on super sale I really had no choice.
One thing that is not very clear in the pictures is that this is a darker blue, more like a royal blue, than the pictures show. The comparison picture of the 3 blue Pelikans comes the closest to what I see when the pen is not backlit or on a while background. From 6 feet away you cannot tell that it is transparent unless it had backlighting. I really, REALLY like the blue and silver combination. The rhodium plated nib perfectly matches the palladium coated trim and makes this one of my very favorites.

Tony Rex
October 12th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Nice catch mate! I love Pelikan factory Rhodinated nibs, they're gorgeous!

Killer pen.

Laura N
October 12th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Excellent photos and post. And I agree with everything you said. Mine came about 10 days ago. It's so beautiful. But it is much darker than it looks in most photos. I actually was working on a review before I was slammed hard by work; every photo comes out lighter and more translucent than it really looks.

Three quick notes:

-It's not really a demonstrator, but you can see the ink level and the piston outline when you hold it up to the light.
-My EF nib is really an F, but so smooth and wonderful I probably will keep it.
-It's being sold right now at a great price from stores like Pen Boutique and Fountain Pen Hospital, and anyone on the fence should grab one. Now that I have one, I think its special touches like the rhodium-plated nib make it worth even the original street price. It's almost a steal at the current price.