PDA

View Full Version : Jinhao Porcelain

writingrav
July 11th, 2012, 10:04 AM

FP_GaF
July 11th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Beautiful pen. There are some real gems amongst all the Chinese pens on the market. If they could/would master quality control...

Has anyone seen Urushi-type lacquer work pens from China? China has a similarly long and masterful lacquer tradition as Japan. Maybe Chinese manufacturers also make lacquer fountain pens.

Bogon07
July 11th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Writingrav, congratulations that is a very nice looking pen.
The blue dragon on white looks pentastic.
I wonder what the characters on the cap mean ?

writingrav
July 11th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I believe they mean: Dragon

IWantThat
July 12th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I love blue, and I love blue porcelain. Must get one of these, I think :) I'm glad yours writes well. Concern about quality is the only thing that has kept me from purchasing so far.

KrazyIvan
July 12th, 2012, 02:16 PM
I have seen these and have almost purchased one but with black artwork instead of the blue. Congrats on your pen.

writingrav
July 12th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I have seen these and have almost purchased one but with black artwork instead of the blue. Congrats on your pen.

Thanks. So far no quality issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jd50ae
July 13th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Been looking at that pen for awhile and I think its time to get one.

ianmedium
July 13th, 2012, 08:52 AM
That really is a lovely pen and from my experience many of the Chinese pens write wonderfully! you have lovely handwriting as well.

writingrav
July 13th, 2012, 10:13 AM
That really is a lovely pen and from my experience many of the Chinese pens write wonderfully! you have lovely handwriting as well.

Thanks! I've been working on it since I got hooked on fountain pens. Still have a long way to go. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2