PDA

View Full Version : To Ride Out the J. Herbin STORM of War

ChrisC
October 13th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I haven't taken the time to make sure all my letters are consistent, but I hope y'all enjoy this little tidbit with the new AMAZING J. Herbin Stormy Gray. Buy it now!!!14360

earthdawn
October 13th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Thats just crazy amazing Chris ...

I can't wait for Dan to ship out the orders!

What pen do you have it in?

ChrisC
October 13th, 2014, 11:50 PM
I have it in a TWSBI ROC 540, with a 1.5mm stub nib. An aside, broadness itself doesn't help the ink sheen. The nib really needs to lay down a wet line for it to work. The paper needs to be at least somewhat resistant to absorption, like Rhodia/CF/TR.

Also, a Pilot Parallel isn't the best choice for having this ink really perform to its fullest. I suspect that the rollerball-like nontraditional feed traps too much of the gold particulate. I see the particles trapped between the fins of its feed.

I'm gonna use this as a calligraphy ink because of its high price and the fact that its sheen shows up best on gushers, which are inherently not class note-taking-friendly . But I could see it being used as a daily writer ink for those just looking to add a bit of pop to journal entries and the like.

earthdawn
October 16th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Who's the man? Dan is the man! J. Herbin 1670 "Stormy Grey" has landed. Sold out everywhere but Dan @fpgeeks picked some up for the #fpgeeks at the Colorado Pen Show for us. Thank you Sir Dan.

chojo
October 16th, 2014, 02:25 PM
I haven't taken the time to make sure all my letters are consistent, but I hope y'all enjoy this little tidbit with the new AMAZING J. Herbin Stormy Gray. Buy it now!!!14360

Simply beautiful thanks for sharing.