PDA

View Full Version : Final Day on Bullet Journal kickstarter

Silverbreeze
October 14th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Not sure if anyone on here would me interested in this but .....

Bullet Journal: Journaling at the Speed of Life

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1562027630/bullet-journal-journaling-at-the-speed-of-life

Bogon07
October 14th, 2014, 05:00 PM
You can also hear Brad Dowdy, the Pen Addict talk to Bullet Journal creator Ryder Carroll about the Kickstarter on this week's podcast.

http://www.penaddict.com/blog/2014/10/14/the-pen-addict-podcast-episode-124-i-do-speak-fluent-german

caribbean_skye
October 14th, 2014, 05:33 PM
*sticks fingers in the ears and covers the eyeballs*. I backed this somewhat early and still missed out on the lowest tiers. I use this system so was quite happy to support Ryder Carroll. I blame Brad Dowdy for not only introducing me to this system months ago but for tweeting about this kickstarter when it launched.

earthdawn
October 14th, 2014, 05:51 PM
*sticks fingers in the ears and covers the eyeballs*. I backed this somewhat early and still missed out on the lowest tiers. I use this system so was quite happy to support Ryder Carroll. I blame Brad Dowdy for not only introducing me to this system months ago but for tweeting about this kickstarter when it launched.

I have been looking into this system for work.

I get pulled in so many different directions and there are always details that fall the cracks every week... sometimes on a daily basis.

@caribbean_skye do you do you use it for work or home/personal ? Curious how easy it was to adapt to it.

inkyletters
October 14th, 2014, 06:02 PM
I use it for work/school/life and after some stumbling (and forgetting to actually use the journal I bought) it was pretty simple to adapt to. I will say that I don't do the calendar page for every month because I have a separate planner for that since I have so many things going on. It's definitely useful, you just have to remember to carry the journal with you so you can write things as they come up.

caribbean_skye
October 14th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Earthdawn: I use it for personal things along with a traditional planner (future/long term planning). I found it quite easy to adapt to, but I will admit to being skeptical about keeping up with it long term so I started using it in a partially used journal. The parts that I really like is the index and being able to keep up with where everything is and also the migrating of tasks from month to month. I Have always kept lists of things in notebooks, from prices, quotes, directions, things to buy/read, things to do and even ideas to explore. My issue has always been to easily find these things at a later date, why I never thought of an index is beyond me. If you search online you will find loads of sites where people have done their own take on this system which is the neat thing, there is no wrong way to implement it. Some even use it in conjunction with other systems like chronodex, spiraldex and even hyperdex (you would have to look at the youtube video that shows up as a result of the google search) so it is very tweak/customise friendly.

Silverbreeze
October 14th, 2014, 07:15 PM
You DONT NEED the books
I just thought he had given me so much value with his system...

caribbean_skye
October 15th, 2014, 06:11 AM
agreed. my curent bullet journal is in a bandit apple handy notebook.

alc3261
October 15th, 2014, 08:15 AM
I think I use my own version of this but I could probably improve on it so I have backed the project.

Finalist
October 15th, 2014, 12:19 PM
I don't get it? It seems like a pocket calendar except you have to write out everything yourself instead of preprinted pages? What am I missing?

LagNut
October 15th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Finalist,

What you are backing is community.

The project, as far as I understand, is to provide a forum for people to share their versions, improvements, etc.

It looks a lot like the systems that come with preprinted pages, but more flexible.

I can't stand the preprinted versions, and did my own, but this did have some improvement on what I do.

You're backing the community aspect.

sharmon202
October 19th, 2014, 07:55 AM
I don't get it? It seems like a pocket calendar except you have to write out everything yourself instead of preprinted pages? What am I missing?
My Bullet Journal is a record I go back to, when someone asks me when did something happen. When I write things down I more likely remember them. It is a very easy way to find something that was months ago. I love having all my information and notes on things with me, including most of my calendar. I can answer almost any question I am asked looking it up right then. I am not always at my computer to look something up or check my calendar. I have been using this system for 16 months, a very good fit for me.
I have used an A5 Rhodia Webbie & my 2nd (current one) is a Baron Fig. Both have been very good performers.
See the video, try it.
If I could change or do one thing different it would be to have pre-numbered pages. Now I just number every other page, when I am on hold or in boring conference call.
Best reason of all..........I can use fountain pens in it!

velo
October 19th, 2014, 10:14 PM

I back stuff on kickstarter but I'm kind of with you on this one. On first look it seems like I could take any of the unused notebooks I've got and do the same thing.