PDA

View Full Version : Parker VP?

duffarmy
October 15th, 2014, 05:55 AM
I'm a new member and I talked about this pen in my first post I think it's a VP it has VP on the cap, the triangular grip and the little arrow to show where you have your nib set. It also has the prone to breakage filler system. I've researched and read what I can find and what confuses me is that all the pictures show the little arrow as inlayed in gold, mines not and the color of mine is green. I've never seen any pictures showing a green one or read anywhere about a green one. I was hoping you Parker experts could help me out. I have no clue if it works, I spent a good amount of time cleaning it up yesterday had blue ink everywhere inside it, big mess. Anyways here's the pics, I can add more if needed, thanks in advance! 1437414375

Laura N
October 15th, 2014, 07:24 AM
I know nothing about an arrow, but it looks like you got a nice pen there. Congratulations. Have you poked around Richard Binder's site and parkerpens.net? Both are fantastic for sources.

Ernst Bitterman
October 17th, 2014, 12:35 PM
The arrow on a VP is molded centre-line indication only, and the gold was just a fill of either paint or wax; mine doesn't have it either. It looks like your filler doesn't have any cracks in it... yet. I know that there weren't a ton of colour choices, but I believe green was one of them.

http://dirck.delint.ca/beta/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Parker-0389.jpg
See? No gold.