PDA

View Full Version : Silver Bullet Pen PIF with ink sample

Sailor Kenshin
October 15th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Up for PIF: A silver monster of a pen, the Bulow Tageschlicht xsomething-or-other...I think it may be the 540, but these are evidently no longer sold. However, this is a re-branded Jinhao 159.

Behold the brilliant mirror finish, no doubt so this pen can defy radar detection. Note the blue clip jewel, designed to catch the eye.

This 'moonlight' wonder is approximately the size of a baseball bat, I mean, a MB 149, but much heavier, as there's metal in that thar body. And it writes well, like just about all these x-pens, w ith a smooth medium line. Takes standard international cartridges.

A converter and ink sample included. If I can find an inner box big enough for this hunk of pen, I'll include it too.

CONUS only.

Tell me why you'd like this silver bullet. Choice of recipient will be utterly arbitrary and I will choose by next Wednesday, that is, October 22.

Thanks.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3950/14914873393_12949774ee_z.jpg

duffarmy
October 15th, 2014, 05:23 PM
I'm in, please. I currently have no modern fountain pen. Thanks.

rdcalhoon
October 15th, 2014, 10:49 PM
I don't believe I would enjoy this pen nearly as much as I enjoyed your post. I had to reply to thank you for your pen descriptions. Big silver pens are not my thing, but I'm sure someone will be thrilled with the silver bullet.

Sailor Kenshin
October 16th, 2014, 07:17 AM
Heeeheeee, thanks for making my day! ;)

henkm
October 16th, 2014, 08:04 AM
I don't qualify, so not an entry, but I enjoyed the description as well. A wonderful pif.

Al_S
October 16th, 2014, 08:22 AM
I'd love to try a baseball bat-sized pen, please include me in the PIF.

RayCornett
October 17th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Why would I like this pen? Being mirror polished I could not only use it as a pen I can use it as an emergency morse code signal device if lost while camping and due to its size I can use it as a personal protection device(aha club) if attacked by a bear.............yea. That's the ticket...........

GiGi
October 17th, 2014, 04:51 PM
I was thinking I'd like this pen, because I could check my hair in the reflection before I head off to class!

johnus
October 18th, 2014, 12:28 PM
The 159 is a very nice pen. Enjoy to whoever wins!

DMurphy
October 19th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I can see that this could be the instrument that moves the world, or can jack up a car in an emergency. Ya everyone laughs it up until they have a flat and I am able to take this bad boy off the trailer behind my truck, wedge it under the bumper and lift the car and the flat off the road change the tire and be on our way! That will change the perspective of those that consider fountain pens a luxury...

Sailor Kenshin
October 19th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Everyone here from CONUS, right?

Just checking. ;)

robertChiefsFan
October 22nd, 2014, 11:55 AM
I would love to add this pen to my *small* collection! I really like the shine and can see this being a fantastic way to start growing my pen collection! I am from the CONUS, too.

Sailor Kenshin
October 22nd, 2014, 02:22 PM
Thanks, everyone...I wish I had a half-dozen of these silver baseball bats to give out! Loved the replies.

But since I only have one, my arbitrary selection is:

robertChiefsFan. Please PM me with your mailing address. Everyone else, keep an eye out for more PIFs!

robertChiefsFan
October 22nd, 2014, 02:26 PM
Sailor, Thank you for selecting me to receive the pen! I have sent you my mailing address.

Sailor Kenshin
October 22nd, 2014, 02:56 PM
Sailor, Thank you for selecting me to receive the pen! I have sent you my mailing address.

Got it! Thanks.

And thanks to the rest of you for the smiles. :)

DMurphy
October 22nd, 2014, 04:41 PM
Contgratulations!!

Sailor Kenshin
October 23rd, 2014, 08:37 AM
Since we woke up to this, pen will probably go in the mail over the weekend:

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/2514/1407/2153/Downed_Tree_Limbs-610w.jpg

robertChiefsFan
October 23rd, 2014, 03:33 PM
Yikes! No worries at all on delivery! I think the tree branch takes priority. ;)

Sailor Kenshin
October 24th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Yikes! No worries at all on delivery! I think the tree branch takes priority. ;)

Landscapers came, gave removal estimate, said we don't have to be there, so the package went into the mail today.

Woot.

robertChiefsFan
October 24th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Awesome! Thank you!

robertChiefsFan
October 27th, 2014, 05:27 PM
I have received the pen - THANK YOU! - and have sent you a PM accordingly. :)