PDA

View Full Version : Need help to identify some pens

jagarpether
October 15th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Hi.
I need help to identify these pens.
I have searched on the internet for some info but i didn't find any.
The top one is a lever filler with "Skylark" written on the clip and a warranted 14k nib, and a broken sac.
The lower one is a piston filler with Valero written on the cap and a Dauer Feder 12 nib.

Is this something to worth fixing and keep?
i got these and a unnamed pen with iridium point germany nib for about $12

Best Regards Pether

Chrissy
October 15th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Maybe the word "Skylark" is a personal engraving on the clip. However, I don't know what make they are. I hope that someone will come along who does.

Jeph
October 16th, 2014, 12:16 AM
I can't definitively say what they are, although the "Valero" sounds familiar. They are at best third tier makers but don't let that deter you.

The top one has nice color and a 14K nib, so that pen alone was worth the entrance price. Give it a new sac and a polishing and you should have a solid pen.

The Valero is yet another generic European (probably German) piston filler. The bad news on this one is that the Dauer Feders are usually very cheap steel nibs without tipping. They bend the ends of each tine 90 degrees and round them off to form the writing surface. It works just fine, but I have yet to find one that provides a pleasant writing experience even after tuning. That one is probably not really worth getting a donor nib from somewhere but you do have a piston filler to play with for little investment.

jagarpether
October 16th, 2014, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the replys.

I will definitely get a new sac and fix the one with a 14k nib :)