PDA

View Full Version : Parker 51 Newbie lurking, without questions yet

AdaByron
October 16th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Hi,

I come from a long line of fountain pen users, they were my first pens early on, and all I write with since college (er...awhile). I'm new to discovering the Parker 51, and am looking forward to lurking in here and maybe contributing eventually. I have read all the "read this first" things I could find, but if I ask something that's been done to death, e.g. is the vacumatic better than the aerometric, please swat me, send me away temporarily, and I'll come back less ignorant.

So happy to have discovered this pen. My great-grandmother had one, and since it didn't look fancy enough for me, I don't think I ever reall wrote with it as a child, and if I did I don't remember. My cousin (an attorney) inherited and writes with it daily. Now all the shiny nibs in my collection don't shine so brightly for me since I recently wrote with a friend's Parker 51.

I have a master's degree in creative writing, so I give my pens a real workout. I use vintage manual typewriters, too. The old ways are best until the last draft when they go into the computer. I feel the Parker 51 will become my go-to.

Glad to be here!

Laura N
October 16th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Welcome!

RuiFromUK
October 17th, 2014, 01:08 AM
Hi and welcome to FP Geeks

writingrav
October 17th, 2014, 05:53 AM
Welcome to the madness. Indulge!

Farmboy
October 17th, 2014, 09:04 PM
From where to do you lurk? If you were close to SFO (San Francisco Airport) we could attend to this 51 desire. Recent additions to the madness are some special nibs looking for pens.