PDA

View Full Version : Finally heres my hand writing

GING GING
October 17th, 2014, 10:52 PM
i would never post a sample of it because it is so bad this sample, I had to copy from something I printed off and it's still pretty bad. Feel free to say it's the worse thing you ever seen. It won't hurt my feelings. Poor handwriting isn't something I obsess over. I would also appreciate any advise because I really write pretty porly

Lady Onogaro
October 17th, 2014, 10:56 PM
SBRE Brown has a video with some suggestions for improving handwriting. I thought his suggestions were good ones. I see a lot of handwriting in my profession (college instructor); at least yours is legible. After so many years of writing, I tend to write with something of a cramped hand unless I slow down. All my loops get closed in, and with a M nib, they just turn to mush.

Sailor Kenshin
October 18th, 2014, 06:35 AM
i would never post a sample of it because it is so bad this sample, I had to copy from something I printed off and it's still pretty bad. Feel free to say it's the worse thing you ever seen. It won't hurt my feelings. Poor handwriting isn't something I obsess over. I would also appreciate any advise because I really write pretty porly

Again, as Lady O says, it's legible!

I am no expert, but it seems from the sample that you may be gripping too hard and tensing up when you write cursive. Maybe all you need is relaxation, but I'd be happy to read a pen pal letter written in a hand such as yours.

GING GING
October 18th, 2014, 02:36 PM
I do hold the pen tight. It's difficult to hold it loosely. I should practice more

gbryal
October 18th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Is your writing surface a lap desk? Having a proper place to sit and plenty of room for your paper and hand at the proper height is important.

GING GING
October 18th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Is your writing surface a lap desk? Having a proper place to sit and plenty of room for your paper and hand at the proper height is important.

Sometimes I'll use my wife's desk but I'm lazy and I find it much more comfortable to sit in bed. Sailor mentioned grip. And I do hold my pen like I'm holding on for dear dear life. I'll just have to practice more, and be resigned to the fact that I'm not blessed with God given talent.

mrcharlie
October 19th, 2014, 12:58 AM
Don't refuse the advice to sit in a better position relative to the lap desk or a real desk/table and at the same time write about a lack of talent. Practice matters, but no one is going to learn to pitch well enough to win a game if they are only willing to sit on the pitcher's mound, and that doesn't have anything to do with talent.

FWIW, most of my writing is doing using a lap desk, but very little is done in the position you have in that photo. I don't know that you write in the same position you used to take that photo, but if so it is not conducive to writing well.

johnus
October 19th, 2014, 06:24 AM
Just an idea... You may want to try some of these practices. Still remember them >50yrs later and do a few a couple of times a week.
http://www.iampeth.com/books/palmer_budget/palmers_budget_index.php

Sailor Kenshin
October 19th, 2014, 07:46 AM

Sometimes I'll use my wife's desk but I'm lazy and I find it much more comfortable to sit in bed. Sailor mentioned grip. And I do hold my pen like I'm holding on for dear dear life. I'll just have to practice more, and be resigned to the fact that I'm not blessed with God given talent.

Maybe just relax by doodling, and/or making loops and circles?

I know when I'm shaky or tense my handwriting suffers. Sometimes I can even notice it and relax my shoulders and neck. Other times, my writing looks like a crazed mandrill stole my pen.