PDA

View Full Version : Parker 51 With A Custom Cap

grandmia
July 11th, 2012, 03:52 PM
http://youtu.be/WcYf4voP7ZI

Hi all...Here is my home made Parker 51 Custom Cap.What do you think ?

ianmedium
July 11th, 2012, 05:35 PM
WOW! What an artisan you are! I think it is stunning! What a great way to bring back to life a tired and dinged cap! That is the great thing about rolled or filled gold, it is thick enough to be able to do this.

As I said in the comments on your channel. Imagine finding a tired 51 with the matching gold body and doing the same thing so that the whole pen is in this finish!

I love that you left the engravings on the pen. It would be great when you do one again to make a video of the process so we can see how it is done.

I have subscribed to your channel, very much looking forward to watching more videos!

KrazyIvan
July 11th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I am not a big 51 fan but that looks very cool. :)

Welcome to the forum!

Bogon07
July 11th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Nice revitalisation of an old cap, gives it an organic charm. Reminds me of something aquatic like seasponges or coral and looks very tactile.

It would be funny if Parker make a similar style LE in the near future.

Maja
July 12th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Very nice job! :)
Reminds me of the Sheaffer Intrigue "Whale Shark" and "Seal" patterns: http://www.rickconner.net/penspotters/sheaffer.intrigue.html (top photo)

grandmia
July 12th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Hi ianmedium

Glad you like it...Wow a video,im not sure as it took me ages to do.But who knows..Thanks

grandmia
July 12th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Hi krazyivan

Hopefully it is more relaxed here and without any censorship and any :big_boss:

grandmia
July 12th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Hi Bogon07
Im glad you like it....

grandmia
July 12th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Hi Maja
Many thanks...Yes you are right it does look like the seal pattern....

IWantThat
July 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Lovely, just lovely :)

grandmia
July 14th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Lovely, just lovely :)

Hi ...Glad you like it...Thanks.

ianmedium
July 14th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Hi ianmedium

Glad you like it...Wow a video,im not sure as it took me ages to do.But who knows..Thanks

If you could it would be wonderful, I know you say you use your own special potion but it would still be a great video to watch! Likewise, I would love to see how you straighten out nibs and get them back in working order.