PDA

View Full Version : It's high noon on the east coast, and it's time for the super Saturday sale!

Rick Krantz
October 18th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Okay, as I said, in the pursuit of equality, I decided to have this listing appear at a set time and date, and gave fair warning. This is our typical Saturday sale, with lots of great stuff. All items are working unless otherwise noted.

As usual, our payment policy is as follows....

paypal is okay, but I am going to offer up the option of USPS postal money order, and even clearXchange, if you have Bank of America, Wells Fargo, or Chase. I am not sure why I don't use the clearXchange more often, it seems to be a better alternative to paypal.

anyway, wanna use something other than paypal? since it saves me a percentage, I will give you free domestic shipping, and half price international, if you send a USPS postal money order or use clearXchange.

Shipping charges are US domestic $4.00, international $10.00

email me at: ckrantz3@msn.com to reserve a pen....

Check them out.. from left to right...

http://www.chiltonpens.com/forsale/oct20/oct18sale.jpg

I1 Mabie Todd Swan 4 sized ETN in black, vest sized, reverse trim. nice pen, lever fill, #4 14K mabie tood ETN nib, fine firm. ITEM PRICE $55

I2 Waterman standard sized 100 year pen, slip cap. lever fill, 14K waterman fine point, with a slight amount of flex, not much, nib.... odd pen ITEM PRICE $75

I3 Sheaffer 3-25 in orange plastic. lever fill, few issues... large and deep name in barrel, and there is a slight possibility of a hairline crack at the clip, right side, I think I see it, it is hardly noticeable if there is one, but I suspect it may be. Anyway, with easy use, it should not pose an issue, I need to mention it for accuracy. nice pen, it has a 3-25 nib, fine point, 14K, all correct. ITEM PRICE $75

I4 Sheaffer frankenpen half balance. This one is not really a real half balance, but came to me a such. barrel is likely a lifetime ringtop of origin, and cap is not for a real half balance. anyway, cool pen with a nice sized sheaffer lifetime 14K fine point nib. Lever fill, good color. ITEM PRICE $60

I5 Sheaffer Jr in gray and black marble. lever fill, good color, nice trim. pen has a sheaffer junior 14K fine flex nib. ITEM PRICE $50

I6 Parker 51 special in gray, clean pen. aerometric fill, has a 14K fine point nib, clean cap. ITEM PRICE $50

I7 Parker 45 in green, metal cap. fine alloy point, with convertor. super clean. ITEM PRICE $20

I8 Esterbrook dollar pen in red. stunning pen. Lever fill. new 9460 nib, and comes with a correct flat fed nib just to make this one correct. beautiful pen $45

I9 Esterbrook J in black. lever fill, new 9460 nib, ITEM PRICE $30

I10 esterbrook J in red, lever fill, new 9550 nib, ITEM PRICE $30

I11 Esterbrook SJ in black, lever fill, new 9555 nib, ITEM PRICE $30

I12 Esterbrook SJ in red, lever fill, new 9550 nib, ITEM PRICE $30

I13 Esterbrook SJ set in pale green, pen and ballpoint, lever fill, new 9555 nib, ballpoint needs refill ITEM PRICE $35

I14 Conklin oversized endura symetrik pencil, works. last chance... ITEM PRICE $45

I15 Redipoint in mottled hard rubber, needs lead? clean pencil, name engraved "Thos H Tiddy" if it's your name, I'm sending a hug, and it's free to you. Otherwise, ITEM PRICE $15

tandaina
October 18th, 2014, 10:03 AM
There's a post somewhere else on the board, someone is looking for a 51 aero. No idea how to tag her here.

Rick Krantz
October 18th, 2014, 10:06 AM
There's a post somewhere else on the board, someone is looking for a 51 aero. No idea how to tag her here.

I am putting one together for that particular poster to review. They wanted a beater 51, and I have it mostly "assembled". This one is a little nicer that I have listed above.

ChrisC
October 18th, 2014, 10:28 AM
P51 Special with a 14k nib??

conib
October 18th, 2014, 11:03 AM
P51 Special with a 14k nib??

My P51 Special w/14k fine nib was purchased new in 1953 by my (future) in-laws for my (future) husband, for him to take with him to prep school. My husband gave it to me last year. It's a great pen. Right now it's filled with iroshizuku tsuki-yo.

My husband doesn't know where his parents purchased it (it was a gift), but it was probably in either Westport, Conn. (where they lived) or NYC (where his father worked).

-- Constance

ChrisC
October 18th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Hm...I thought the point of the P51 Special was that it had a steel nib.

mhosea
October 18th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Hm...I thought the point of the P51 Special was that it had a steel nib.

It is...that, and hoop filler (larger than, but similar to, the Demi's). Other than that the differences are all cosmetic, so a 14K Parker "51" nib can easily be installed. Conversely, I would imagine that the hoop filler from a Special might be cannibalized to replace a corroded standard filler.

Rick Krantz
October 18th, 2014, 01:11 PM
this one has a 14K nib, because I put one in.

go figure, I have tons of 14K 51 nibs, but no spare alloy nibs.

I do this quite often, when I encounter a special with a damaged alloy nib.

besides, wold you really think I would list something in my sale with a glaring error? :nono: