PDA

View Full Version : Pen Posse Flax Art Edition

Jerome Tarshis
October 18th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Flax Art, in San Francisco, is having its semi-annual Pen Faire and Sale on Saturday, November 1, from 11 am to 3 pm.

1699 Market Street, at Valencia.

http://flaxart.com/2014/10/pen-faire-and-sale/

Farmboy
October 18th, 2014, 05:45 PM
I had flax seeds in by pancake mix today. I did not know of this event...it is a sign...

Tracy Lee
October 18th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Love Flax Art and love San Francisco. Wish I could be there, that is my birthday!!

Nomdeplume
October 18th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Great way to celebrate Fountain Pen Day!

Farmboy
October 18th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Love Flax Art and love San Francisco. Wish I could be there, that is my birthday!!

I'm very close to the San Francisco airport. I'll pick you up so you don't need to get a cab. The Pen Posse Staff will have a commemorative shirt made in honor of your birthday. OR, we can have apple goodie. Your choice. Let me know the flight details but assume traffic will be heavy and arrive at least an hour before the event starts.

I promise I will not drive the tractor.

Farmboy

Tracy Lee
October 19th, 2014, 05:57 AM

I'm very close to the San Francisco airport. I'll pick you up so you don't need to get a cab. The Pen Posse Staff will have a commemorative shirt made in honor of your birthday. OR, we can have apple goodie. Your choice. Let me know the flight details but assume traffic will be heavy and arrive at least an hour before the event starts.

I promise I will not drive the tractor.

Farmboy

Now THAT is hospitality! [emoji1]

Jerome Tarshis
October 19th, 2014, 12:19 PM
On another pen message board it has been pointed out by a diligent reader that the link I posted above doesn't work. It really is what the address bar says when one is looking at the appropriate page on the Flax Web site, but Berners-Lee, like Someone Else, giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other.

To avoid adding to the sum of frustrations and confusions we deal with, let me apologize for whatever has gone wrong and offer the paragraph whose URL I thought I was giving:

The FLAX semi-annual San Francisco Pen Faire and Sale returns Saturday, November 1, from 11am – 3pm. Representatives from select pen manufacturers will be on-hand with their product line, and all will be offered at 20% off MSRP. This one-of-a-kind event is the best way to sample a variety of pens and find the one that is just right for you, and at a special price. Treat yourself and others to a great gift.

P.S. A few minutes later: Now the link does work. I'll leave this post as it is, though, on the ground that the link may act like a will-o'-the-wisp and fail again. Does this board have some kind of award to recognize lunatic officiousness in a member?