PDA

View Full Version : Manu Propria - Some more Pens with Raden-Nashiji Urushi

Manupropria
October 21st, 2014, 01:49 AM
I allow myself to show some more ebonite fountain pns with Raden-Nashiji Urushi Finish.
It is the entire pen family exisiting out of three pen designs, the "Classic", the "Bô" and the "Kiseru", each in different sizes

Raden Nashiji Aogai Lit. mother of pearl

First the foundations and 4 intermediate layers of black urushi „nakanuri“ are applied. Every layer has to dry for 24 hours in the drying chamber „furô“ under constant temperature of 25°C and humidity of 80%. Before a new layer is brushed on, the previous layer has to be ground smooth. Then one layer of translucent black „roiro“ urushi is applied and sprinkled with powder made of mother of pearl. Three coats of roiro urushi follow. Every layer well dried and ground.

Then the surface is ground smooth with abrasive paper and water up to grit 12‘000 to release the mother of pearl particles. The a thin layer of "sukurome-urushi", highly transparent Japanese urushi is applied, dried and ground. Then the final polishing process „roiro shiage“ takes place starting with „dôzuri“, rubbing transparent high quality „kijiomi urushi“ onto the surface and wiping completely off again with paper and dried in the furô for 24 hours. This process is repeated 8 times because the „kijiomi urushi“ has to saturate the raden particles and the possible gaps to the urushi in the lacquer and to build a thin protective film over the „raden“ and lacquer surface.

Afterwards the lacquer surface is polished with rapseed oil and polishing powder „migako“ and the finger tips. After the parts have been cleaned carefully, again „kijomi urushi“ is rubbed on and wiped off completely. After 24 hours the surface is again polished with rapseed oil and „migako“.

Again „kijiomi urushi“ is rubbed on again and after 24 hours the lacquer is polished hard with „migako“ and soft deer skin or the palms of the hands to achieve the beautiful gloss. With the time urushi is becoming clearer and the colors of „Aogai“ more bright.

It is almost ompossible to capture the sparkling effect in a picture

The production time is around one month.

Thank you,

Martin

alc3261
October 21st, 2014, 03:59 AM
[QUOTE=Manupropria;100376]I allow myself to show some more ebonite fountain pns with Raden-Nashiji Urushi Finish.
It is the entire pen family exisiting out of three pen designs, the "Classic", the "Bô" and the "Kiseru", each in different sizes

First the foundations and 4 intermediate layers of black urushi „nakanuri“ are applied. Every layer has to dry for 24 hours in the drying chamber „furô“ under constant temperature of 25°C and humidity of 80%. Before a new layer is brushed on, the previous layer has to be ground smooth. Then one layer of translucent black „roiro“ urushi is applied and sprinkled with powder made of mother of pearl. Three coats of roiro urushi follow. Every layer well dried and ground.

Then the surface is ground smooth with abrasive paper and water up to grit 12‘000 to release the mother of pearl particles. The a thin layer of "sukurome-urushi", highly transparent Japanese urushi is applied, dried and ground. Then the final polishing process „roiro shiage“ takes place starting with „dôzuri“, rubbing transparent high quality „kijiomi urushi“ onto the surface and wiping completely off again with paper and dried in the furô for 24 hours. This process is repeated 8 times because the „kijiomi urushi“ has to saturate the raden particles and the possible gaps to the urushi in the lacquer and to build a thin protective film over the „raden“ and lacquer surface.

Afterwards the lacquer surface is polished with rapseed oil and polishing powder „migako“ and the finger tips. After the parts have been cleaned carefully, again „kijomi urushi“ is rubbed on and wiped off completely. After 24 hours the surface is again polished with rapseed oil and „migako“.

Again „kijiomi urushi“ is rubbed on again and after 24 hours the lacquer is polished hard with „migako“ and soft deer skin or the palms of the hands to achieve the beautiful gloss. With the time urushi is becoming clearer and the colors of „Aogai“ more bright.

Thank you,

Martin
14499[QUOTE]
I love this one!!

alc3261
October 21st, 2014, 04:00 AM
[QUOTE=Manupropria;100376]I allow myself to show some more ebonite fountain pns with Raden-Nashiji Urushi Finish.

Thank you,

Martin
14499[QUOTE]
I love this one!!
May I ask how much it would cost to buy the smallest one?

Catherine Van Hove
November 3rd, 2014, 01:02 PM
I hope Martin doesn't mind me telling you that the smallest is 1325 euro.

alc3261
November 3rd, 2014, 02:25 PM
I hope Martin doesn't mind me telling you that the smallest is 1325 euro.

So I have discovered.