PDA

View Full Version : In Praise of Gerry Berg

Shimmershadow
October 25th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Some of you may know him from his very informative YouTube videos, but I had the good fortune to interact with this gentleman when he did a proper full restoration-not just a cleaning-of my beloved Sheaffer Balance. Not only did he sort out all the weird leak problems and get my pen to fill and write like new (ie, without barfing ink every time I looked at it cross-eyed) but he was also extremely generous in sharing information about the pen itself, how it was made, how it works, model, year, value...everything. He also sent some great info along about the repair process (and a two-year warranty!) and about the feeding and care of the pen. My pen was shipped back to me as securely as could be in a box, bubble wrap, an adjustable tube, and tissue. Every emailed correspondence was pleasant and professional. I really could not have asked for a better experience, and wish I had send him the pen when I had first gotten it, rather than [another pen repairer].

jar
October 25th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Yup, a gentleman and boy do his pens suck.

Jon Szanto
October 25th, 2014, 07:35 PM
My, my, this makes me very happy. Gerry is stellar.

mrcharlie
October 26th, 2014, 04:34 AM
What is the way a potential buyer or client would contact Mr Berg and find out about his inventory or repair specialty? I'm not easily finding a website or email address.

Jon Szanto
October 26th, 2014, 11:19 AM
What is the way a potential buyer or client would contact Mr Berg and find out about his inventory or repair specialty? I'm not easily finding a website or email address.

Drop Gerry a line at gberg@sbc.edu. Yes, he doesn't seem to maintain an active site or anything, but has always be quickly responsive to inquiries. I'm not sure how active he is as a seller, but if you have a Sheaffer vac-fil to get worked on, he does a great job - as Shimmer showed.

Shimmershadow
November 1st, 2014, 07:53 PM
Yup, a gentleman and boy do his pens suck.

badum-TISH!

mtnbiker62
November 2nd, 2014, 05:57 AM
It's great to find someone like that! Makes me wish I had some Sheaffers to send him! :P

jouesdeveau
March 7th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Dear Friends:

Let me thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the very kind comments on my work. It's nice to know that it's appreciated. Most of the repair work I do involves "meeting" people only through the USPS and e-mail. AND I don't have web site. I do sell pens but mainly the big pen shows: D.C., Triangle, Columbus. And sometimes I post an ad online in the Zoss list, or on Pentrace, or FPN (I should post here as well!). In fact there is an ad up now for some of my Minuskin Triumph stubs. Or you can reach me by e-mail: gberg@sbc.edu for repairs or requests to buy.

Cheers