PDA

View Full Version : SOLD For Sale: 3 Vintage Flex Pens

AZBennett
October 26th, 2014, 01:04 PM
I am selling three more of my recently repaired pen stock. I have conducted all repairs on these pens myself. I am not a professional pen restorer, however, I have repaired quite a few of my own pens and have recently begun to sell off some of the more cosmetically sound pens especially those I do not use. I have resacced these with the appropriate sac according to Richard Binder's reference pages (Except for pen 1 which was purchased restored from a FP user a few months ago) and the nibs and feeds have been cleaned. The sacs were tested first with water then with ink to ensure they would write to the best of their abilities and the feeds could keep up with the various degrees of flex each pen exhibits, see writing samples for degrees of flex from each pen. Finally I cleaned and polished these pens to the best of my ability.

1. Belmont Non-Breakable Sold only at the Rexall Store - Black Hard Rubber with chased stripe design, cap has chased stripes, white tassie, green celluloid top and ring. Nib states Warranted 14K from what I can see under my loupe this is a left oblique fine/medium nib and has decent flex and is very responsive. The lever has some wear. I have cleaned and polished the pen after my wife used it last. - [110] Reduced to 85 USD

2. Reliable Fount. Pen - Demi BCHR Eyedropper with some oxidation of the rubber as is normal for the age of the pen. The nib is marked Warranted 14 Karat No. 4, is a fine/medium, very flexible and wet. Though the pen is small capped (4 inches) it posts at 5 1/4 inches. It also hold a LOT of ink for it's size due to it being an eyedropper. The feed is awesome with the amount of flex this pen exhibits and can keep up quite nicely. There is no clip and no evidence that this model came with a clip. - [80][SOLD] USD

3. Euclid Pen Sales Co. - Green Woodgrain Lever Filler with a Waterman's Reg. US Pat OFF 2 Made in USA Nib in Fine with quite a bit of flex. I was unable to locate information on the exact sac size to use with this pen, however, a 20S fits and works well which allows for quite a lot of ink. The nib is quite fine though not a true EF. it writes very nicely and is not too wet, though the feed is fully capable of keeping up with the nib. There are some small ink stains around where the clip is inserted into the cap and the lower cap ring. The pen has upper and lower white tassies and green celluloid top/bottom. - SOLD USD

Purchase of 2 pens - 125 (inclues shipping to CONUS)

Payment via Paypal only

Shipping to CONUS via USPS Priority Mail with Signature - $5 USD, Insurance available upon request at the buyers cost. Will consider international shipping via USPS Priority International Mail with Buyer paying the shipping cost.

Open to reasonable offers via PM.

AZBennett
October 30th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Prices Reduced

AZBennett
October 31st, 2014, 12:30 PM
3. Euclid Pen Sales Co. - Sold

Price Reduced on 2. Reliable Fount. Pen and for purchase of both remaining pens.

AZBennett
November 1st, 2014, 08:21 AM
Prices reduced

AZBennett
November 2nd, 2014, 08:56 AM
Prices reduced

AZBennett
November 2nd, 2014, 12:19 PM
Interested in flex only, combine the Belmont and Reliable with the Ratner from my other listing for 190 USD shipping included to CONUS.

AZBennett
November 2nd, 2014, 08:46 PM
2 sold. Take the Belmont for 85 shipping included.

ainterne
November 3rd, 2014, 07:29 PM
The Euclid Pen you sold me is wonderful, I really like it.... Better than you described..... thank you !!...

Thanks Phil..

AZBennett
November 3rd, 2014, 07:44 PM
So happy you like it. My favorite color is green so I had hoped to keep that one, but my hand doesn't write well with a flex nib.

AZBennett
November 4th, 2014, 09:36 PM
This listing is closed.