PDA

View Full Version : NaNoWriMo

inlovewithjournals
October 29th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Anyone participating this year? I am, for the first time. Scared and excited at the same time. :)

tandaina
October 29th, 2014, 04:15 PM
I think I will. I did it years and years ago and got the 50k words pretty easily.

I do this sort of writing on the computer though, cannot manage that kind of volume with pen and paper.

VertOlive
October 29th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Define, please?

AZBennett
October 29th, 2014, 07:53 PM
November, prior to being known as Movember (Mustache Month) was known as National Novel Writing Month. For more information check out NaNoWriMo.org

Paul

Laura N
October 29th, 2014, 08:49 PM
I for sure am not participating in Mustache Month.

AZBennett
October 29th, 2014, 11:49 PM
As I currently have a mustache and a quite large beard, I am looking for something to do this November. I do not have the determination to finish a novel, most likely I will continue my pen repairs and learn nib grinding instead.

chojo
October 30th, 2014, 08:21 AM
As I currently have a mustache and a quite large beard, I am looking for something to do this November. I do not have the determination to finish a novel, most likely I will continue my pen repairs and learn nob grinding instead.

I sure hope thats a typo! sounds really painful.

AZBennett
October 30th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Holy cow, that's what happens when you use your phone to post and have fat thumbs. NIB grinding.

inlovewithjournals
October 30th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I think I will. I did it years and years ago and got the 50k words pretty easily.

I do this sort of writing on the computer though, cannot manage that kind of volume with pen and paper.

Even though I am inlovewithjournals (!) I will not be writing a novel long hand. I will use a journal for my outline and character and plot notes but the guts will be on the computer. Tandaina feel free to add me as a writing buddy; my username on NaNoWriMo.org is inlovewithjournals. :) Best of luck!

inlovewithjournals
October 30th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Define, please?

My bad. Thank you AZBennett for supplying the information I should have included. :)

scrivelry
October 30th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I've done it for nine years, and will do it again. Last year I wrote it out by hand, but I have more time than some people. Anyone who wants me for a NaNo buddy, pm me for my NaNo Screen name...

tandaina
October 30th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I can't see where I add you as a buddy? I'm Tandaina over there if you can add me. ;)

Figured it out: For others. Search for the author username and from there you can add them as a buddy.

inlovewithjournals
October 30th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Scrivelry I've sent you a pm. Tandaina we are now buddies! :)

scrivelry
November 30th, 2014, 10:17 PM
I finished.

It sort of reminds me a little strongly of the NaNo I wrote nine years ago...

tandaina
November 30th, 2014, 10:28 PM
I hit 50, but because I did no pre-planning, none, the whole thing is a mess. So I'm going to let it sit for a while and will see about fixing it later.

scrivelry
November 30th, 2014, 10:37 PM
BTW, I just saw your post here which is why you haven't been added to my writing buddies yet - no other reason!

(Unless I had added you already and am just too "bleared-smeared with toil" at the minute to realize it..)

Anyone think I should maybe get myself a fountain pen to celebrate? I was thinking maybe in the 50 dollar range - that's pretty big spending for me...

caribbean_skye
December 1st, 2014, 05:48 AM
Congrats to all of the participants. Hopefully everyone was able to make the 50k word count