PDA

View Full Version : Conklin Mark Twain Cresent Help

bulbboy
October 31st, 2014, 08:48 PM
I recently bought a Conklin Mark Twain Cresent that I had been drooling over. I have never had a stub nib before, so I gave it a shot.

I regret my decision on the nib. Is there a way to send it somewhere and get a medium or fine nib put on it?

Thanks

ChrisC
October 31st, 2014, 10:30 PM
Maybe it just needs a nib tuning? Is it too wet? too dry? skipping?

oldstoat
November 1st, 2014, 05:47 PM
It sounds like you're not keen on the stub itself; what is it that you dislike? Stubs and italics do require slower writing and some practice, but repay that in the pleasure one gets from the end result.

ChrisC
November 1st, 2014, 06:31 PM
I would say that a well functioning stub hardly requires any slowdown from normal pace writing. It should be forgiving enough for daily writing.

KrazyIvan
November 2nd, 2014, 02:24 PM
I had the LE demonstrator with the 1.1. I sent it back. The nib had baby's bottom but I could have fixed that. What made me send it back was the sac started to leak in the pen. I would not have known if I did not have the demonstrator. I did not get another one.

selina
April 8th, 2015, 11:59 PM
If you can't find a 400/400NN nib your easiest and most economical alternative to get your pen working again would be to buy a M200 steel nib/feed assembly: all you have to do is screw it in.

bulbboy
April 9th, 2015, 08:16 PM
They swapped it out for me and it writes great, when it's not leaking...