PDA

View Full Version : Ink of the Season - the spooky, colour-changing Omaezaki

migo984
November 1st, 2014, 02:44 AM
Morning All,

My latest, favourite, seasonal Sailor ink from Japan is Bung Box Sweet Potato Purple (or Omaezaki). This ink is a beautiful rich, deep purple/brown ink with lovely shading, especially on papers such as Tomoe & Maruman Mnemosyne.

But when it dries, magic is created! The ink has so much sheen it actually looks like a different colour - a beautiful shiny green/gold. It's one of the best sheens on any ink, including all the other sheen-y Sailor inks.

It is seasonal & only available for a short period each year so get some now if you're a sheen freak like me!

Hope you enjoy the pics.

migo984

ps Fred the Spider is camera shy so please excuse his startled expression :)

Chrissy
November 1st, 2014, 06:18 AM
I'm not sure about this one. I will remain on the fence for now. :)

Dreck
November 1st, 2014, 08:06 AM
I love the name of this ink. Thanks for the pics, migo.

DMurphy
November 1st, 2014, 05:43 PM
That is awesome! Thank you for sharing Migo984!

RuiFromUK
November 2nd, 2014, 12:06 AM
Yesterday I had the pleasure of seeing a sample writing with this ink. I can describe it in just one word: WOW!!!

On second thoughts, where will I be able to buy this ink? Pretty please.

earthdawn
November 2nd, 2014, 01:36 AM
Awesome !!!!

Great.. now I have reason to order ... again lol

Thats really cool. It changed a LOT from when it was wet to dry. But ohhhhh that sheen!

migo984
November 2nd, 2014, 03:53 AM
Yesterday I had the pleasure of seeing a sample writing with this ink. I can describe it in just one word: WOW!!!

Hi Rui,

If you like the sample I gave you yesterday and want to buy a bottle, it is available from the Bung Box store in Japan. Limited seasonal colour.

http://bung-box.com/.../detail955.html

Buy via eBay seller cool-japan (Atsu). Email him for price & to order. He does good prices on Iroshizuku and Kobe inks too.

migo

RuiFromUK
November 2nd, 2014, 04:38 AM

Hi Rui,

If you like the sample I gave you yesterday and want to buy a bottle, it is available from the Bung Box store in Japan. Limited seasonal colour.

Buy via eBay seller cool-japan (Atsu). Email him for price & to order. He does good prices on Iroshizuku and Kobe inks too.

migo
Thank you very much, off to Japan shopping I go!

RuiFromUK
November 2nd, 2014, 05:09 AM

Hi Rui,

migo
Cool-japan is that the one with 2379 feedbacks? It says location is United States. Otherwise is it possible to please paste a link to one of his items before I email him?

Many thanks again.

migo984
November 2nd, 2014, 05:52 AM
Cool-japan is that the one with 2379 feedbacks? It says location is United States. Otherwise is it possible to please paste a link to one of his items before I email him?

Many thanks again.

Yes 2379 feed backs. He's definitely based in Japan. Here's his eBay store link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/cool-japan

RuiFromUK
November 2nd, 2014, 07:00 AM

Many thanks again.

Yes 2379 feed backs. He's definitely based in Japan. Here's his eBay store link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/cool-japan

Thank you very much. I am going to contact him.

ethernautrix
November 2nd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Whaaat? That is crazy! Wow. I like the purple. The color it dries to is fun, sparkly. I was not expecting that.

Bogon07
November 2nd, 2014, 08:11 PM
migo984, Sweet Potato Purple (or Omaezaki) is an interesting ink. A nice rich purple but that gold/greenish sheen is amazing.
Wonderful packaging I'd imagine some lethally hot or overpoweringly sweet Asian condiment in that bottle.

It strikes me this is in a sense an opposite of Noodler's Rome's Burning in someways.
RB goes down as a golden light brown khaki colour which can turn purple on contact with water or creep purple on your nib after a while.

Crazyorange
November 3rd, 2014, 06:02 AM
Emailed cool Japan......it's out of stock right now :( Will be back in stock in December. Cost is $39.99 including shipping.

So bummed it's out of stock.

tandaina
November 3rd, 2014, 08:24 AM
Yup, out of stock. I emailed too. :)

purplepencils
November 3rd, 2014, 12:23 PM
Enabler! But that looks like a luscious ink. I did manage to get my hands on a bottle, direct from Bung-Box (I enquired last night).