PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: 4 Vintage Pens (1 with Flex)

AZBennett
November 1st, 2014, 05:53 PM
Once again I am offering up a few of my newly repaired pens. My usual disclaimer here: I am not a professional pen restorer rather I am a self taught pen repairman. I am limited currently by the amount of tools and skills that I have, but I am always learning and attempting to expand my set of pen repair tools. The pens I am offering up aren't Mint/Near Mint/Excellent condition. These were user grade pens from a bygone era. My attempt is to bring them back to life in the hopes that they will be used as the wonderful tools of creation they once were. Where applicable I use Richardspens website for repair information, Pen Identification and a myriad of other nuggets of wisdom. I have replaced the sacs in these pens, cleaned and polished them. They have been reassembled with care and as much precision as I am able to accomplish. In the case of the Touchdown filling system I have ensured the sac protector was cleaned, the O-Ring replaced and the touchdown system was lubricated. On to the pens.

1. M. Ratner & Son Pen Co. Inc. - Black Hard Rubber Lever Filler, with Waterman's Ideal 14-KT 2A Fine Flexible nib. This pen is marked on one side with the above listed manufacturers information and opposite that mark it has the following professional mark "National Public Bank of New York". I doubt the Waterman's nib is an original nib to this piece but as I can't find any information on this manufacturer I can't be certain. Regardess the BHR is nicely mottled from age, showing a range of colors from black to greenish-brown and several tints of brown between. This oxidation is normal for the age and material of the pen and I have not attempted to "reblack" this pen. The clip and lever are marked "Special" and are brushed steel in color. The clip is strong and the cap ring is free of chips or cracks. The pen writes a wonderful flexible, wet fine line that is a pleasure to write with. - [SOLD]

2. Eversharp Skyline Standard - Black with gold filled cap and black derby, Medium nib with slight flex to it. I have resacced and cleaned this pen after using it for a bit with a previous sac, I noticed it needed an overhaul. The nib is quite smooth and just a pleasure to write with I didn't have to make any adjustments to the nib it came ready to write. The cap and derby have a few pinpoint dings on them and there are a few visible scratches along the barrel of the pen. The outer gold cap is loose from the plastic inner cap as happens frequently with Skyline Caps. I have not attempted to correct this minor problem as I do not have the tools or knowledge to do this without perhaps ruining the pen. - [SOLD]

3. Sheaffer's Imperial III - Burgundy GT with a F/M firm nib. I contemplated keeping this pen as it has the nicest Triumph nib I have run across in terms of the way it writes, but I am not a burgundy fan. The nib write a nice wet Fine, which leans towards a medium at times. It's super smooth. The touchdown system has been put through initial testing after repair (water then ink then writing and sitting overnight), it passed all the tests and is a very nice pen. The clip is strong but is VERY, VERY slightly loose and slips up and down minutely. - [45] Reduced to 40 USD

4. Sheaffer's Statesman Touchdown - Burgundy with a F/M 14K nib that exhibits very limited line variation. By far my smoothest nib, nothing I have compares to this nib, it literally glides across the page. Again I wouldn't put it down, but I can't pull of the color. The pen is in very nice condition. I have serviced, repaired and tested the touchdown filling system and it works just as it should. The only flaw this pen has is that the inner cap is slightly loose from the outer cap and therefore makes a tiny noise when you move the pen when it is capped. In all other areas this pen is amazing! - [SOLD]

Payment via Paypal only

Shipping to CONUS via USPS Priority Mail with Signature - $5 USD for single pens, Insurance available upon request at the buyers cost. Will consider international shipping via USPS Priority International Mail with Buyer paying the shipping cost.

Open to reasonable offers via PM.

AZBennett
November 2nd, 2014, 09:00 AM
Purchase remaining pens 1-3 for 125 shipping included.

AZBennett
November 2nd, 2014, 12:17 PM
Interested in flex pens only, combine the Ratner and the Belmont and Reliable from my other listing for 190 USD shipping included to CONUS.

AZBennett
November 2nd, 2014, 12:28 PM
Statesman Touchdown off hold

AZBennett
November 2nd, 2014, 08:41 PM
1 and 4 sold. Take the remaining two pens for 80 shipping included.

AZBennett
November 5th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Purchase the remaining two pens for 80 shipping included and receive two 4 ml ink samples.

AZBennett
November 7th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Prices reduced

AZBennett
November 9th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Sheaffer Imperial III - 40 USD + two 4ml ink samples (Iroshizuku Fuyu Syogun and Noodlers Black Swan in Australian Roses old formula)