PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Give Away #5

dannzeman
April 11th, 2010, 07:54 PM
http://www.fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Parker51demiCedarBlueGiveAway-1-600x109.jpg (http://www.fpgeeks.com/2010/04/welcome-give-away-5/parker51demicedarbluegiveaway-1/)
Judging from the last give away it looks like you guys are still into getting free stuff. How’s this for ya, a Cedar Blue Parker 51 Demi? This one has the initials FJC imprinted on the barrel and has been fully restored by yours truly. All you have to do to win this beauty is tell us which pen you’d like to have if money were no object. You have until 11:59pm on Sunday April 18th, 2010 to leave a reply and be entered into the contest. The winner will be randomly selected and sent an email as well as be posted in the forum thread. We look forward to seeing you all on the boards!

Readymade
April 11th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Gosh, where to begin? :D

If money were no object I'd like a mint vintage Parker Mandarin Duofold Senior. Non-streamlined, with a flexy Parker nib. It's a pen both my wife and I will appreciate (and be too scared to use!).

Next would be a mint 1950s green-striated Montblanc 146 with Medium nib /drool

Scuderia-F1
April 12th, 2010, 03:07 AM
That would be the David Oscarson "Jaques DeMolay"!

JuicyJones
April 12th, 2010, 03:29 AM
If money were no object I would probably search the Earth and buy a NOS Sheaffer PFM V pencil/fp set.

Sara
April 12th, 2010, 07:06 AM
if i could find a tree with money to spare, i'd get a Koi patterned celluloid fountain pen like this -> http://www.stylusfinepens.com/writing/platinum/436-platinum-cellluloid-fountain-pen-0.jpg I have a twitter pal with one and I am so envious of its beautiful colors! (but it is way way way out of my price range) :)

Koyote
April 12th, 2010, 07:21 AM
For me, I think it would be an Aurora piston filler with a sterling silver body & cap and gold-plated trim...Either the Optima or the 88, not sure which. They are both just so pretty, and they're Italian -- and I love almost everything Italian.

bdpatton2
April 12th, 2010, 08:10 AM
OMAS Bologna

As of now this pen company is my favorite pen company!! I wrote with an OMAS this week and NEVER felt anything that wrote that GOOD!!!! It was hands down the greatest experience of my LIFE!! That sums it up.

http://www.nibs.com/OmasBolognaBlueBlack.html

Gapato
April 12th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Hehe, Lamy 2000 of course :)

Wile E Coyote
April 12th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Namiki Emperor

SProctor
April 12th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Beyond any doubt at all, it absolutely would be a hand-crafted Nakaya Special-Size Cigar (2mm greater width than the regular Cigar model) with the "Heki-Tame" finishing that's seen here: http://www.nakaya.org/epw.html#hekibuto. It has the "Ishime Kanshitsu" styled grip and the two-tone, 18k nib. I too would have some difficulty actually using it though. Its one of those pens that you would display prominently and just drool over it every time you entered the room...

Very Best Wishes,
Stephen

sokuban
April 12th, 2010, 12:51 PM
If money were no object, I would get a Hakase FNWB-EX-B-SD〜SWD-PL (#29018). It is made out of water buffalo.

http://www.fp-hakase.com/product/suigyu.html

¥189,000

@_@

dwong
April 12th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Pilot Custom 823 in Black.

Robert46
April 12th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Hi gang ,

My choice would be Pilot Namiki fine point.

James
April 12th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I'd buy a Pilot Murex White Stripe. It's GORGEOUS.

mattjs
April 12th, 2010, 06:32 PM
If I could have any pen at all? Why that would be the Waterman Sérénité, in blue. The curve, the color, oh man. It's just pure elegance.

That is my grail pen.

laoriginaltec
April 12th, 2010, 07:40 PM
If I could have any pen it would be the Titanic- DNA fountain pen. Not sure which color though they all look good.
http://www.luxury-insider.com/Current_Affairs/post/2008/05/24/Romain-Jerome-Returns-with-Titanic-DNA-Fountain-Pens.aspx

Breck
April 12th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Probably a 1950's era Montblanc 149. Silver rings, celluloid body, super-geeky-cool telescoping piston mechanism, just beautiful. Nib size? Well, I'd need two, actually (money's no object, right?) - one with an F, and one with a B (or BB or OB or OBB) stub.

Kelly G
April 12th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Too many choices. But for now it is an old style OMAS Paragon Arco.

Roger3
April 12th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Mont Blanc 146 Green Striated would work for me

Okami
April 13th, 2010, 05:53 AM
Nakaya's Maki-e Sumiko Neo Standard Fountain Pen Ascending Dragon (http://www.nibs.com/NakayaNeoStandardSumikoAscendingDragon.html)

tspatrick
April 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Off the top of my head I think I would go with a Sheaffer PFM.

southpaw52
April 13th, 2010, 10:58 AM
If money were no object I would purchase a Visconti Templar. Very stunning limted edtion pen.

JohnCruzNg
April 13th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I also would have to choose the Visconti Knights Templar. I would have it fitted with an EF nib handled by Mr. Binder. It is just a beauty.

Ernst Bitterman
April 13th, 2010, 12:19 PM
One? Good heavens, there's so many of them. Let's examine some candidates, going backward in time:
-Something Nakaya (possibly not-- like a tattoo, it's a lot of mental effort and a huge commitment)
-Waterman Edson in sapphire
-One of the spiffier MYUs
-PFM Autograph
-Vacumatic Imperial
-Waterman 100 Year, first year lucite type
-Conklin crescent filler with an indisputable provenance showing it to have been owned by Sam Clemens

There's something to be said about not being tied to a particular maker or era.

gillyohan
April 13th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Aurora 88 rhodium trim...not sure if I would rather have vintage or modern though. I think I would be scared to use anything more expensive, even if I'm not paying for it.

TWRDO
April 13th, 2010, 02:47 PM
My grail pen is a Prather custom "51" in titanium. Very understated, yet elegant, like all "51"s.

penspouse
April 13th, 2010, 04:26 PM
The Aurora Optima is my drool pen.

Sharkbait
April 13th, 2010, 05:21 PM
I would love a Visconti Kinghts Templar!

PMS
April 13th, 2010, 10:44 PM
If money was no object, then I would love to have a vintage Pelikan Toledo.
PMS

Bucolic Buffalo
April 14th, 2010, 10:34 AM
A war time Parker Vacumatic, Emerald Green, with a slightly flexible stub.

RR4U
April 14th, 2010, 11:02 AM
A custom made Nakaya Fountain Pen.

major_works
April 14th, 2010, 11:43 AM
An Edison Pearl with bulb filler and gold nib. In ebonite.

sph33r
April 17th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Probably a Parker 51 Aero with a Greg M music nib.

donwinn
April 17th, 2010, 03:14 PM
If money were no object, I would opt for a DaniTrio Mikado, raw ebonite, with EF Flexy nib. That, or a Mikado with beautiful urushi finish, and the same EF Flex nib.

j2li
April 17th, 2010, 09:45 PM
If money was not an issue i'd get a MB 149 LE in Rose Gold and probably a Waterman Serenite LE
;););)

Ted H
April 17th, 2010, 11:42 PM
M1000

FAmore
April 18th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Mont Blanc Cool Blue SkyWalker would be the fountain pen that I would get if money was not an issue.

eriquito
April 19th, 2010, 10:04 AM
sokuban! (Post Number 11):

If money were no object, I would get a Hakase FNWB-EX-B-SD〜SWD-PL (#29018).

Congratulations sokuban! I'll send you an email shortly.

A huge, geeky "Thank You" to everyone who participated in Give Away #5.

Give Away #6 will be posted shortly. Keep an eye out for it and give it a go! =)

Eric
Son of Ragnar

sokuban
April 19th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Wow! Thanks!

I'll send you an email soon with my mailing address once I figure it out.

EDIT: Alright, I sent the reply.

dannzeman
April 19th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Give Away #6 is up!!!
http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/122-FPGeeks-Give-Away-6?p=776#post776 (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/../122-FPGeeks-Give-Away-6?p=776#post776)

penspouse
April 19th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Congratulations, sokuban!

sokuban
May 3rd, 2010, 08:41 PM
Alright, I have now received the pen!~

(I had it sent to my main house because it's a more secure address and would be easier, but I was at university up until today, so that's why it might have taken a little longer.)

I'll be going back to university in a week or so, and I'll post more detailed information when I do so, because I've got more inks there. (I don't want to ink it here and then have to clean it right after I get there to change inks, especially since I don't need to use it now, and this pen looks hard to clean because it doesn't seem openable. How do you clean/open it?)

EDIT: Well, I just tried it now, and it is a really nice pen. It might very well be the finest nib I own, and even then it isn't too dry or scratchy or anything.

dannzeman
May 3rd, 2010, 08:59 PM
Alright, I have now received the pen!~

(I had it sent to my main house because it's a more secure address and would be easier, but I was at university up until today, so that's why it might have taken a little longer.)

I'll be going back to university in a week or so, and I'll post more detailed information when I do so, because I've got more inks there. (I don't want to ink it here and then have to clean it right after I get there to change inks, especially since I don't need to use it now, and this pen looks hard to clean because it doesn't seem openable. How do you clean/open it?)
To clean the pen after filling it just remove the blind cap, pump the plunger and fill it with water, empty it, and repeat several times. Vacumatic fillers tend to take a little longer to fill and empty than other pens but you should get the hang of it pretty quickly.

sokuban
June 18th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Well, cleaning it wasn't as bad as I thought, (today is the first day I'm cleaning it; I hope that isn't too little) I think I took even less time than I would've on a normal C/C. I'm pretty sure I couldn't fully clean it, but I pretty much gave up because there was nothing else to do.

Flushing it is definitely faster than with a C/C though, because you can just keep pushing down the plunger while dipping it in water (and cleaning the water a few times), while with a C/C you'd have to fill, release, fill, release a few cycles. Then after that I dried it shaking it on a toilet paper; after drying it I dipped it in water and filled it again (this time it didn't let out any visible ink into the water) then dried it again shaking with the toilet paper.

I'm sure there are water droplets inside the ink chamber, but I see no way of getting them out and I can't hear/see/feel them so I just gave up from there. I guess if I had distilled water I'd be laughing now, but I have tap water only.