PDA

View Full Version : Southern California Pen Club Meeting Saturday July 21, 2012

melissa59
July 18th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I'm going to attend my first ever Pen Club meeting on Saturday! woo-hoo!!
And this time it will be held at a pen shop. It'll be fun to see fountain pens in person, other than the few I own.

Funny thing, a dozen years in journalism and I was never shy about walking in place full of strangers, introducing myself and even asking if I could sit with them at their tables. But I find myself quite shy and very nervous about meeting new people when it comes to socializing for personal reasons. (weird, I know)

Any other shy folks in Southern California who wants to join me at the introverted table during this pen club meeting???

Melissa

Here is the information that I plagiarized from FPN. I don't think the poster (Blotto) will mind me passing the info along:

Sat., july 21 at the Fountain Pen Shop: 2640 S Myrtle Ave # 12, Monrovia, CA (626) 294-9974

Garry Hart has prepared a nice presentation, with handouts, on the Spors glass nib pens.

The meeting will be at our traditional time, from 12 noon to 3:00 p.m. Please bring snacks (salty, fatty or healthy) and drinks in single serving containers to share. The club will be buying the pizza.

Remember to bring those pens that need a tune-up for Fred to fix for you. See you on the 21st

MAP: https://maps.google....&gl=US&hl=en-US

Fred Krinke, Chairman of the Pen

fredspen@yahoo.com

John King Tarpinian, Membership Guy

jkt@earthlink.net