PDA

View Full Version : Paper PIF

Holsworth
November 5th, 2014, 11:08 AM
As I've been lucky enough to be the recipient of a couple of PIFs now I thought it was about time I offered one of my own!

I have 100 sheets (A4) of Tomoe River paper to send off to a new home. I have fallen in love with this paper and now very rarely use anything else for letters, so I'm hoping to spread a bit of tomoe-love!

If you would like to enter just reply to this thread telling me why you would like it and I will enter your name. This is open to anyone and everyone, and I will ship worldwide. However, knowing this paper can be hard to get hold of in certain parts of the world I would like to give those who have never had the pleasure of using it a bit of an extra chance. So if you've never used Tomoe River before speak up, and I will enter your name twice. I will pick a winner on Saturday 15th November at 2pm GMT.

Good luck! :dance3:

Holly

migo984
November 5th, 2014, 11:43 AM
What a great offer! That's the true spirit of PIF'ing, Holly.
I won't enter as I have a stock of Tomoe. I hope the winner is a Tomoe "virgin".

Neo
November 5th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Thank you for the kind offer, I would like to be considered.

chojo
November 5th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Brilliant PIF Holly, I won't enter this one as you know I've just bought some Tomoe so I too hope it goes to someone who has never used this wonderful paper. Very generous of you.

Sadiq
November 5th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Very generous PIF!

I'm a Tomoe River "virgin" so to speak. I've read tons about them. Never used it before.

It's a mission getting them in my country. There is one online SA company bringing them in $34 for 100sheets excl shipping...kinda redicilous. The other option I had was just ship from another country & pay shipping & customs - it works out more than that. I gave up & thought to myself, I've never tried it so I'd never really know what I'm missing out on...just stay in my world of FP friendly notepads & decent office paper.

It would be nice to try the Tomoe River paper out.

I have to admit, I'm partly scared - if I win & if it's as good as the reviews which I'm sure it is...my poor wallet is going to suffer!

Please enter me.

Al_S
November 5th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Nice PIF. I've never had the opportunity to try Tomoe, so please consider me.

Nashtah
November 5th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Holly this is a very nice PIF

I have never used Tomoe River paper and would like to be considered.

Debra

sparkinflint
November 5th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Never got the chance to use Tomoe river paper so please consider me aswell.

GiGi
November 5th, 2014, 04:40 PM
I World like to enter but are you willing to ship to the US?

rdcalhoon
November 5th, 2014, 06:26 PM
I have read the discussions of Tomoe River paper with some interest, but have not yet tried it myself. Today I received a letter written on the paper and now I really want some for my own use. Thanks for the chance.

jay.is.here
November 5th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Very generous pif. :) pls dnt consider this as an entry.

DMurphy
November 5th, 2014, 11:20 PM
I have not yet had to opportunity to use Tomoe River paper, I have received letters that have been written on it and I would really like the opportunity to try it out for myself. Thank you for this great opportunity.

Holsworth
November 6th, 2014, 12:02 AM
I World like to enter but are you willing to ship to the US?

Certainly, will ship worldwide :-)

2ntense
November 6th, 2014, 12:33 PM
I would like to be considered for this PIF. I have never used Tomoe River paper, and I was kind of wondering what it was like. I also live in New Zealand, so it's impossible to get. Thanks very much for the kind offer!

Ronnie Aloha
November 8th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Wow, I'd love to try it out! Thanks! I'd like to see what everyone is talking about!

robertChiefsFan
November 11th, 2014, 04:05 PM
I also have read a lot about Tamoe River paper, hearing only good things. I have not, however, had the pleasure of experiencing it first-hand. Thus, I'd like to be considered for this PIF, please.

Sammyo
November 13th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Wow! I've always loved the idea of Tomoe paper but never ever tried it. Please consider me. I have bought my neice a fountain pen for Christmas, I live in the US and she lives in England. In the true nature of PIF, I will split the paper 50/50 with my niece and use it for written correspondence with her. Thank you again for the offer.

SamO

cwent2
November 13th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Nice PIF - please include me.

Thank you

Cw

Holsworth
November 14th, 2014, 01:25 PM
One day to go before I pick a name out!

Crazyorange
November 14th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Ooohhhhh....I would love to try tomoe paper. I've never used it. Tomorrow is my birthday....the 15th is my lucky day;) pick me please:)
Thank you for a generous PIF.

southpaw52
November 15th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Please enter me, I would love to try Tomoe River paper.

Holsworth
November 15th, 2014, 10:46 AM
All names went in to a hat and my glamorous assistant (Doris the cat) has picked the winner, congratulations DMurphy! Hope you enjoy it :-)

Sammyo
November 15th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Never mind, thank you the very kind PIF offer. Maybe next time I can get Teto the cat to bribe Doris ;)
Enjoy the paper DMurphy :)

jay.is.here
November 15th, 2014, 12:16 PM
congratzz to DMurphy ;)

GiGi
November 15th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Congratulations!

DMurphy
November 15th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Thank you so very MUCH!! I will look forward to using this to send many letters out to my friends! And who knows a few blank sheets might just slide into the envelopes...

Sadiq
November 15th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Congratulations DMurphy! Hope you enjoy the TR paper :)

sparkinflint
November 15th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Congratulations DMurphy enjoy the paper :)

DMurphy
November 27th, 2014, 03:44 AM
I received my EXTREMELY well packaged paper yesterday, I appreciate the fact that Holsworth thought to provide instructions on how to open the packaging or I would have started cutting tape. I have never used Tomoe River paper, in a word WOW!! Super smooth and take ink like a bandit. It is amazing how thin this paper is, I buy paper by the ream and 100 sheets of Tomoe river is maybe .25 inch thick, incredible.

Thank you very much.