PDA

View Full Version : Sean Nicholson.

GING GING
November 8th, 2014, 07:41 PM
I just got 1481214813this gorgeous 1948 Parker 51 from Sean Nicholson. Sean did a very nice job on my pen.

Lady Onogaro
November 8th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Is that the pen or the pup?

Jon Szanto
November 8th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Was this a pen that you sent him for restoration, and if so, what did he do?

Farmboy
November 8th, 2014, 08:19 PM
A very nice job...who is Sean Nicholson?

pajaro
November 9th, 2014, 09:27 AM
So, is that pen plum?

Farmboy
November 9th, 2014, 09:59 AM
So, is that pen plum?

It is not a Plum here but it might be in the other threads.

chojo
November 9th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Nice looking 51. Your dog looks terrified had it done something wrong?

inkyletters
November 9th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Sean Nicholson does vintage pen and watch restoration. Very quick and reasonably priced. Used him to get my heirloom shaffer tuned up as I didn't trust myself to re sacc such an important piece as my first go.

GING GING
November 9th, 2014, 09:32 PM

No Jon. The one I was gonna send him I did a job on it and not a nice one. I actually bought this one from him because it looks so much like the one I screwd up. I may send him the messed up pen and let him charge me what he needs to to make it right. We'll see

GING GING
November 10th, 2014, 06:32 AM

I had no idea what you were talking about when you said your dog looks terrified. I finally zoomed in. It does look like he's cowering at the door. I spoil this little guy. He climbs me like a tree. I can't explain why this pic appears like that but if I caught someone hurting an animal I would beat them until I was tired1486114862

GING GING
November 10th, 2014, 06:34 AM

I had no idea what you were talking about when you said your dog looks terrified. I finally zoomed in. It does look like he's cowering at the door. I spoil this little guy. He climbs me like a tree. I can't explain why this pic appears like that but if I caught someone hurting an animal I would beat them until I was tired1486114862

chojo
November 10th, 2014, 08:06 AM
I'm didn't mean to infer anything against you as a dog owner I hope I didn't cause offence. It's just that animals tend to be the first thing I notice in photos and the poor little guy did look scared, I just wondered if perhaps you just caught him with one of your prize pens in his mouth or something and given him a telling off. I'm glad you feel the same way I do regarding those who commit animal cruelty, perhaps we'd make a good tag team should one of us get too tired! He certainly looks like a spoilt pooch in your other photos.

GING GING
November 10th, 2014, 10:27 AM
I'm didn't mean to infer anything against you as a dog owner I hope I didn't cause offence. It's just that animals tend to be the first thing I notice in photos and the poor little guy did look scared, I just wondered if perhaps you just caught him with one of your prize pens in his mouth or something and given him a telling off. I'm glad you feel the same way I do regarding those who commit animal cruelty, perhaps we'd make a good tag team should one of us get too tired! He certainly looks like a spoilt pooch in your other photos.

No offense taken, Chojo. When I zoomed in it appeared the same way to me. Had I have seen the same picture on someone else's post I would have gotten in trouble for cursing them out and accusing them of animal abuse. Then I woulda looked stupid. You didn't accuse me of anything.

GING GING
November 10th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Hey Dann. Would you take this thread down. That pic isn't what it appears.

chojo
November 10th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Hey Dann. Would you take this thread down. That pic isn't what it appears.

There's really no need to take it down Ging Ging honestly. I wouldn't want to others to miss out on seeing a beautiful pen.

VertOlive
November 10th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Actually, Mr Cletus has the same look on his face that one of my dogs used to get every time he'd see a camera! You'd think he'd been pounded by cameras since he was a pup--when really, it was the flash he didn't care for.

We all know Cletus gets trips to the Country Club out of Ging Ging where he gets even more spoiled than he does at home! :)

GING GING
November 10th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Actually, Mr Cletus has the same look on his face that one of my dogs used to get every time he'd see a camera! You'd think he'd been pounded by cameras since he was a pup--when really, it was the flash he didn't care for.

We all know Cletus gets trips to the Country Club out of Ging Ging where he gets even more spoiled than he does at home! :)

Thank you Verty poo, for coming to my rescue. Chojo, I know you weren't accusing me of anything. Now I can relax. Hold on, for just a second, y'all.
I gotta go smack my my Saint Bernard. I kid I kid. Case closed.

GING GING
November 10th, 2014, 07:01 PM

No, this was the one that I was gonna send to him. The reason I didn't is because I attempt to do what I saw Grandmia do, on YouTube. I darn near destroyed the pen. I still have it. Sean showed me a handful of 51s that he had and I picked that one. The reason I screw them up is because it floats my boat to take them apart and tinker with them. That would be okay if I didn't break them in the process

KBeezie
November 11th, 2014, 04:37 AM
His official page is on facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Write-on-Time-Vintage-Pens-Watches-Restoration-and-Service/208871225809681

And these are what I got back from him...

Eversharp Skyline Demi, Fully Restored with 1 year Warranty. Not one I sent him, but one I purchased from him with the restoration done by him (as he sells some on ebay and on facebook)

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/eversharp_skyline_demi/uncapped.jpg

Sheaffer Tuckaway Valiant Vac-fill, fully restored with 1 year warranty.

Origin and original issue: Got it off ebay. Vac needed to be redone, some scuffs on the body, some tarnish on the nib (as well as what looks like a little bit of green around the ring), and the worst bit was the nib housing was completely snapped off of the section (But the feed was intact, basically just at the lip of the nib it was a clean break down to the feed so you could wiggle it right off the pen). He got all that cleaned up, nice looking, fully working, and no problems with the nib or durability, or leaks or anything.

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/sheaffer/tuckaway/gold_striated_valiant/uncapped.jpg

Sheaffer MiLady Balance in Carmine Striated.

Origin and original issue: another ebay buy. Had some cracks in the cap, chew marks on both the cap and end of the pen, some deeper scratches along the barrel, nib/clip/lever tarnished, sac oscified, etc.

Despite all that got it back in great condition, no chew marks, no cracks, no tarnish, etc.

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/carminebalance/uncapped.jpg

(Green One) Sheaffer Touchdown Admiral in Evergreen Green, one I purchased off him, restored/polished by him with a 14K Feathertouch Accounting (XXF) nib.
(Black One) Purchased off ebay, sac was dead, pen had some scratches, and some other stuff, not too bad but came back looking brand spanking new.

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/sheaffer_trio/uncapped.jpg

A Black Chased Hard Rubber pen from him, sac replaced, hard rubber blackened in a blackening solution, polished up where needed etc.

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/moore_bchr/uncapped_2.jpg

Very reasonable rates, very fast turn around, Though right now he's got so much new work, so I don't think he's taking any new orders until the first of the year.