PDA

View Full Version : Visconti Opera Master Crystal Inkwell

eriquito
April 11th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Much to my amazement and surprise, I received a Visconti Opera Master Crystal Inkwell last week for my birthday. This wonderful gift was sent to me by one of our illustrious Fountain Pen Geeks. I won't mention any names, but his initials are: dannzeman (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/member.php/2-dannzeman) =)

Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder - and my eyes behold this inkwell beautifully. Visconti applied superior craftsmanship to elegant materials, added some grace, a modicum of class and a dram of chic, then mixed thoroughly to produce an inkwell that is not only refined and stylish, but also very functional.

http://fpgeeks.com/ec/images/InkWell.jpg

Details:
Weight: 396g / 13.9oz
Height: 5.77cm / 2.27in
Width: 5.84cm / 2.3in
Depth: 5.84cm / 2.3in
Capacity: 15ml / 0.5oz Comfortably - 18ml / 0.6oz as an Absolute Maximum

Thanks Dan!!

Eric
Son of Ragnar

Kelly G
April 12th, 2010, 08:47 PM
That is a beautiful inkwell - pure class. Congrats.

dannzeman
April 13th, 2010, 09:08 AM
You're welcome buddy! Good pictures too! Have you decided what ink you're going to fill it with?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

eriquito
April 13th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Have you decided what ink you're going to fill it with?

I'm open to suggestions! =)

My current favorite inks are the Iroshizuku, but there's really no need to move them to the Visconti inkwell since the bottles they come in are beautiful.

I'll probably put Aurora black in the inkwell since I use it often and the Aurora bottles are nothing special.

But I have other ink options, too, such as: Visconti, Waterman, and Diamine.

Like I said... I'm open to suggestions =)

Eric
Son of Ragnar

Okami
April 13th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Gorgeous!!

Bucolic Buffalo
April 14th, 2010, 10:41 AM
If I could use mine daily, a lot, I would fill it. But I cannot. So it sits in the wondrous display case.

dannzeman
April 14th, 2010, 11:36 AM
If I could use mine daily, a lot, I would fill it. But I cannot. So it sits in the wondrous display case.
You own one but never fill it?! That's like owning a vintage Ferrari and never driving it.

Bucolic Buffalo
April 15th, 2010, 06:41 PM
You own one but never fill it?! That's like owning a vintage Ferrari and never driving it.

Well, it doesn't seal tight. None of my ink wells do. So I use a rather old and beat up one occasionally when I decide to use a bank stud nib in a dip pen. I also will get on a kick where I use a glass pen for a week or two.

eriquito
April 16th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Well, it doesn't seal tight.

I can confirm that the Viscont Opera Master inkwell does not seal tightly. I don't believe it was designed to seal tightly.

For that reason, when there's ink in the inkwell, the inkwell stays in a safe place.

Of course, if the big earthquake they're always talking about ever shows up, I'll be swimming in ink!

=) Eric
Son of Ragnar

dannzeman
April 16th, 2010, 09:41 PM

Well, it doesn't seal tight. None of my ink wells do. So I use a rather old and beat up one occasionally when I decide to use a bank stud nib in a dip pen. I also will get on a kick where I use a glass pen for a week or two.
I don't know, I think I would need a better reason than it not sealing tight to keep me from using such a beautiful piece of equipment. Maybe if it had a hole in the bottom and all the ink kept running out then I wouldn't use it. But that's just me.

penspouse
April 17th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Absolutely beautiful.

Mags
April 1st, 2013, 11:55 AM
What a work of art. Gorgeous gift.

Barbara
April 1st, 2013, 04:46 PM
Fabulous! Lucky man!