PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Noodler's Neponset in Rebellion Red

heymatthew
November 10th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Hello all,
I got my Neponset today in Rebellion Red and, honestly, I can't stand it. It's more of the same from Noodler's and I don't have the patience or the will to fiddle with the feed, etc. Reviews at GouletPens.com talk about heat setting the feed, etc. but I'm just not going there. I'd like to get $60 shipped anywhere in the US for this. I think I tossed the box, at work, but I'll look in the morning and see if I still have it. Pen is in mint condition, and is actually a beautiful color, but I'm over the Noodler's crap.

Please PM or email with questions/offers. I'd like this gone.

Best,
Matthew

Jon Szanto
November 10th, 2014, 10:35 PM
This is really sad to hear. I hoped that, when they stepped up in the price category, they would even this stuff out. It appears endemic.

heymatthew
November 10th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Yeah... At $75 I expect something to work right. I'm sure these are great but I'm not interested in messing around with heat setting and all that. It's unfortunate, really.

KBeezie
November 11th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Yeah... At $75 I expect something to work right. I'm sure these are great but I'm not interested in messing around with heat setting and all that. It's unfortunate, really.

Don't blame you, it's why I held off on the Neponset to see if it was in the same spirit of the other noodler's pens being classified as tinkerer's pens. At $75 I wouldn't want to 'tinker' either, I don't want to have to 'heat set' it etc.

But I know some people absolutely love tinkering and have it down to an art if they've used enough noodler's pens. So they could see the discount to 70 shipped (especially since neponsets been selling out everywhere), as a um... tinkerer special. :D

Best of luck, and thanks for being one of the many guinea pigs to try the Neponset.

heymatthew
November 11th, 2014, 06:28 AM

Don't blame you, it's why I held off on the Neponset to see if it was in the same spirit of the other noodler's pens being classified as tinkerer's pens. At $75 I wouldn't want to 'tinker' either, I don't want to have to 'heat set' it etc.

But I know some people absolutely love tinkering and have it down to an art if they've used enough noodler's pens. So they could see the discount to 70 shipped (especially since neponsets been selling out everywhere), as a um... tinkerer special. :D

Best of luck, and thanks for being one of the many guinea pigs to try the Neponset.

When I saw that the price point had gone up to the $75 mark, I assumed that they had stepped it up. I'm not much of a tinkerer when it comes to pens, though. It's unfortunate because the Neponset is really comfortable and it's a very nice pen, really. The build quality exceeds the Ahab and Konrad (and definitely the Creaper) and it just feels solid. The nib is sort of uninspiring when just writing normally, but when it flexes it produces a TON of ink, which is really nice. I just can't figure out how to fiddle with it to get it to keep up all the time.

I did read some things online about heat setting the feed and it working really well, but I just can't get there from here.

All that being said... PRICE DROP! :D

PeppWaves03
November 15th, 2014, 07:45 PM
That sucks. Who wants to deal with that when you can buy a metropolitan for 20 bucks?