PDA

View Full Version : Secret Santa and Stocking Stuffers

Inner Prop
November 11th, 2014, 07:17 AM
I need help.

We are starting a Secret Santa at work. It usually takes place over a week and we secretly leave things on their desk each day (or a single more expensive thing) that total $20 - $30 (some people really get into it and spend much more).

Usually I write a "letter to Santa" to help whomever I get, but this year I only want pen stuff. So, what are ideas I can give my Secret Santa to give to me? What are things that could total $20 - $30? They should be things the person could easily get, or find.

On a similar note. What would you guys give as a stocking-stuffer to young adult children and/or acquaintances? My daughters are interested in fountain pens, but I don't think they are convinced yet. I'm sure their mother will want to give them other things, so this would be something small and additional, rather than a full blown gift.

Thanks

jbb
November 11th, 2014, 08:21 AM
I like the Pilot Varsity disposable fountain pens for give-aways. Here's a good price for them http://www.pensnmore.com/Products/Pilot-Varsity-Disposable-Fountain-Pen__PIL90029.aspx Other stocking stuffers that come to mind: notebooks, ink & sealing wax.

TheRealScubaSteve
November 11th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Notebooks would be good too. Rhodia, Black N Red, and Clairefontaine all have some under $6 that are very nice.

caribbean_skye
November 12th, 2014, 06:05 AM
If the secret santas are internet savvy, gift cards from your favourite pen retailer could be an option.

Inner Prop
November 13th, 2014, 06:09 AM
What about baby snot-suckers and tweezers and stuff like that?

Can anybody think of a list of those sorts of things that could be obtained at common retailers?

I don't have any of those sorts of things yet.