PDA

View Full Version : Pen Posse Visitor Edition

AltecGreen
November 11th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Looks like we have an out of town visitor who wants to meet the Posse. Thus we shall Posse. We will likely have another the week after too. This one will be on Saturday to accommodate our visitor's schedule.

Saturday Nov. 15th

1:00 pm

Peter's Cafe

Peter's Cafe
10 El Camino Real, Millbrae
CA 94030

tenney
November 13th, 2014, 10:36 AM
The visitor is a friend of mine, Gale's, and perhaps others... Jon Singer from the Maryland area.

He's not only a pen enthusiast but... let's see... he enjoys fixing his own pens; is left handed and of course grinds his nibs to suit his writing; he loves (and wants to get more) interesting inks (let's see if I can find the bottle of Noodlers Apache Sunset I got for him... no, not yet); inks that laze (he's into lasers) are even more interesting; he's also a ceramicist, throws clay, and lots more...

farboy - Jon's got a P51 with him. I don't know if that's one he's working on or not.

I'll be there between 2 and 2:30.

Farmboy
November 13th, 2014, 11:33 PM
On the farm we picked teams, made forts in the loft, and then threw dirt clods until someone got hurt. Thinking about it in retrospect, if we threw clay there would have been fewer incidents requiring stitches. Does this make me a clodicist? a

I have a few "51"s. I could bring some, I know there is a tray of them that was in the bag last time. They are nothing special. I could bring something special if needed.

Thinking more about it, clods were more fun...throwing clay would be half way to slinging mud and that isn't good.

Should I bring tools and/or implements of destruction?

FarMboy

Jerome Tarshis
November 14th, 2014, 11:11 PM
An airbrush for painting flames on the hood of that Parker 51?

As things are, I'm really sorry to have missed the Airbrush Edition. In a former life I spent time with commercial artists who were at work, sometimes with airbrushes; in the middle distance I knew a woman who before she became a writer was a noteworthy painter of surfboards and skateboards; and today I ate lunch with a gang of people some of whom use at least software airbrushes.

What with all the postings about Esterbrooks I didn't realize FarmBoy had any interest in Parker 51s. Tools, yes. Instruments of destruction found all over. Could we consider feeding Jon Singer's 51 to the mega apple pie someone is sure to order? I've never seen one come to life and eat a pen.

Farmboy
November 15th, 2014, 01:17 AM
What with all the postings about Esterbrooks I didn't realize FarmBoy had any interest in Parker 51s. Tools, yes. Instruments of destruction found all over. Could we consider feeding Jon Singer's 51 to the mega apple pie someone is sure to order? I've never seen one come to life and eat a pen.

Lets see. We have fed a Mont Blanc to a chicken, a Vacumatic to a pig and a Snorkel got eaten by a small child. Yup, we can feed a 51 to a apple pie. I'll bring the 51.

Freedomcoach
November 15th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Wow, it is fortuitous that I checked this post. I thought our Pen Posse was tomorrow, Sunday. Now need to reshuffle a bit but plan to come down.

Sincerely,
Howard

Saturday Nov. 15th

1:00 pm

Peter's Cafe

Peter's Cafe
10 El Camino Real, Millbrae
CA 94030[/QUOTE]

Farmboy
November 15th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Wow, it is fortuitous that I checked this post. I thought our Pen Posse was tomorrow, Sunday. Now need to reshuffle a bit but plan to come down.

Sincerely,
Howard

Someone's loss is somebody's gain.