PDA

View Full Version : Notebook PIF

migo984
November 12th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Morning Geeks :)

Today I entered my vault, my hidden shame, aka my ever-expanding stash of notebooks, and decided that some of them might be enjoyed by my fellow paper obsessives here on FPG.

So here's a PIF for 2 notebooks; there are 2 options and the winner can decide which they'd prefer.

Option 1

- from the Professional Office collection, a black polypropylene covered RHODIA spiral bound notebook, 90 sheets/180 pages of ruled (no margin) 90gsm, micro-perforated and hole-punched paper. When detached the sheets are full-size A5. There are 3 moveable plastic dividers and a black elastic closure.

- a traditional 'The Aldwych' ruled book, with a black flexible, all-weather cover. 80 sheets/160 pages, light cream ruled paper. Great if you take notes outdoors. Might not be completely fountain-pen friendly, but is a really well-made robust little notebook, size 6 3/8" x 4".

OR

Option 2

- a Clairefontaine A5 notebook, with 96 sheets/192 pages of smooth, white, plain (unruled) 90 gsm velouté paper, a blue, thick, shiny card cover and a fabric spine. The page corners are slightly rounded.

- a small black Rhodia ePure notebook, with a black flexible cover. It is a chunky little notebook, being 10.5cm x 14 cm and with 120 sheets/240 pages of white, plain 100gsm Rhodia paper. Again, the page corners are slightly rounded. I think ePure notebooks might be now discontinued by Rhodia.

To enter my PIF, reply in this thread, telling me which option you'd prefer if you win, and what you'd use the notebooks for.

l'll close this PIF on Wednesday 19th November at 7pm GMT.

I'll ship at my expense.

Good luck

migo984

Wrathen
November 12th, 2014, 06:11 AM
Very nice PIF, I would love to be considered for the Clairefontaine option as I have heard a lot about their paper but have never used it.

jay.is.here
November 12th, 2014, 06:34 AM
very generous pif. :) Pls count me in for option 2. I would use it for my class notes. :)

robertChiefsFan
November 12th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Very nice!! I would like to be considered for option 1, the Rhodia spiral-bound notebook. I would get a lot of use out of this at work as I take notes in meetings. :)

sparkinflint
November 12th, 2014, 02:01 PM
count me in for option one!

GiGi
November 12th, 2014, 07:20 PM
I would love to try the Clairefontaine paper. So I'd love to be entered into the second PIF. Very generous of you!

Sammyo
November 12th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Please consider me for option 2. I am an engineering designer by trade. I could use the Clairefontaine notepad as I take lots of meeting notes in the office and the small Rhodia for design, stack and layout sketches at work. I only have a tiny Rhodia note pad that came free with a pen purchase and have never used Clairefontaine paper. Thank you for your generous offer.

brewsky
November 12th, 2014, 08:50 PM
I'd like small rhodia epure. I would use it for either journaling or school notes for sketching. I am a left so it really depends on if the page will last flat or not. I would definitely use the clairefontaine for journaling. I need to move away from my moleskine I have been using this year. It does not like my fountain pens very much and in turn I don't write in it much.

DMurphy
November 12th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Please consider me for Option 1, I keep a notebook on my desk to journal and record information throughout the day. I also like to always have a note book with me, you never know where inspiration will strike.

Chrissy
November 13th, 2014, 01:41 AM
Your PIF generosity is legend. Thank you for the offer. I would love to be considered for Option 2.

I've never used Clairefontaine paper apart from trying out a couple of scribbles on letters that I have received that were written on it. ;) I've even tried to buy some but the stockist that I found is out of stock, so I will have to wait.

I would take the notebook to my monthly quiz night for everyone to write their answer ideas on. :)

cellardoor04
November 13th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Just dropping in to say great PIF! The Clairefontaine notebook in particular is really nice. I'll not put my name as I have more than enough notebooks :)

2ntense
November 13th, 2014, 01:32 PM
I would like to be considered for this PIF (option 2, please, with the Clairefontaine and Rhodia). I am a high school student and am moving house, and once summer comes I will be able to more easily walk downtown and do some writing! The smaller Rhodia will be great for that. It's a generous PIF because I cannot find notebooks like this where I live, unfortunately. Thanks!

cwent2
November 13th, 2014, 02:40 PM
I would like to be considered for this PIF - I also have not used clairefontaine paper -option one pls I use notebooks/pads for journaling and note taking.

thanks for the opportunity

Cw

ModelAirplanes
November 13th, 2014, 03:54 PM
I would like to try clairefontaine paper, I always see it in reviews of pens and it seems very smooth
Option two

Thanks,
Daniel

obiwan
November 14th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Please count me in for Option 1 - I'm needing a new ink colo(u)r journal and am thinking that the all-weather cover might get good for bird sketches in the field.

vips.fp
November 17th, 2014, 12:57 AM
Very nice pif. Please count me in for option 1. I ll use it for my class work. :)

Nashtah
November 17th, 2014, 05:08 PM
I would like to be considered for option one
I would use the one as a colour journal and that other to stretch

If and only if you ship to China

robertChiefsFan
November 20th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Hi - just popping in to see if the winner was chosen. Thanks!

migo984
November 20th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Apologies for being late in posting the winner. Funny how time slips by sometimes...........

Anyway, thank you for all the interest in my PIF. The winner, selected completely at random, is Sammyo. :cheer2:

Congratulations! I'll be in touch via PM to get your postal details.

migo

robertChiefsFan
November 20th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Congrats Sammyo!

Sammyo
November 20th, 2014, 09:37 AM
:jaw: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I promise to make good use of it, I appreciate the opportunity and am grateful to the selection fairies that assisted in my name being picked.

DMurphy
November 20th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Contragtulations!!

jay.is.here
November 20th, 2014, 10:56 AM
congratzzzzz sammyo. :)

chojo
November 20th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Congratulations Sammyo, hope you enjoy them.

Sammyo
December 7th, 2014, 02:11 PM
I just wanted to let you know that the package arrived today. I opened it with the same fervour of a child on Christmas morning. As I pulled out and inspected my new shiny preciouses I was even more amazed to find a hand written note.

Firstly your handwriting is gorgeous, I am very jealous. I have been working on my handwriting, everyone at work says I have great handwriting, but when I compare it to what I call "good" handwriting, it pales in comparison... anyway, I like your handwriting. Thank you for also including the pen and ink it was written with, you probably have some understanding of how much I appreciated it ;)

Secondly, again I appreciate this gesture. It arrived before Christmas so you were correct and safe in your assumptions. I promise to make good use of it and not just squander it on meaningless scribble... well not all the pages anyway ;)

Thank you again, I am forever in your debt. If there is ever anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask :)

migo984
December 8th, 2014, 03:00 AM
I just wanted to let you know that the package arrived today. I opened it with the same fervour of a child on Christmas morning. As I pulled out and inspected my new shiny preciouses I was even more amazed to find a hand written note.

Firstly your handwriting is gorgeous, I am very jealous. I have been working on my handwriting, everyone at work says I have great handwriting, but when I compare it to what I call "good" handwriting, it pales in comparison... anyway, I like your handwriting. Thank you for also including the pen and ink it was written with, you probably have some understanding of how much I appreciated it ;)

Secondly, again I appreciate this gesture. It arrived before Christmas so you were correct and safe in your assumptions. I promise to make good use of it and not just squander it on meaningless scribble... well not all the pages anyway ;)

Thank you again, I am forever in your debt. If there is ever anything I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask :)

I'm so pleased the package arrived in time for Christmas. I was worried it might be delayed in the pre holiday postal rush.

You are too kind about my handwriting - it is quite ordinary really - but I do get pleasure from writing :-)

Enjoy the notebooks - and please do use them for "meaningless scribble" - sometimes that turns out to be our best work! :)

migo