PDA

View Full Version : Engeika shipping speed?

tandaina
November 14th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Just curious, I finally caved and ordered a vanishing point (champagne pink! squeee!) from Engeika's website. Wondering how quickly he usually ships? Haven't heard anything and it's been a couple days. (Just curious, not worried, I'm just impatient when it comes to pens.)

Lady Onogaro
November 14th, 2014, 02:14 PM
I bought a Sailor Pro Gear slim from him, and it took a while to get the pen because he said he had to order it from the factory. But he did email me and tell me when he expected it. I emailed him after I had not heard from him on the expected by date, and he emailed me back to say he was sending it. Once he sent it, I think it took maybe 4 days EMS. It was crazy fast, I thought, coming from Japan.

Kaputnik
November 14th, 2014, 03:50 PM
I bought my first Vanishing Point from him (her? them?) and recall being surprised by how quickly it came, less than two weeks, certainly. I might have had to go to the PO to sign for it though, as nobody was home when it came. That's happened a couple of times with items from overseas.

alc3261
November 14th, 2014, 04:49 PM
It's a him. Not super fast, about 2 weeks.

Robert
November 14th, 2014, 04:54 PM
I've placed several orders with Engeika. Shipping is fairly quick to Texas - - I've received a package as quickly as one week from date of order, although 10 to 14 days seems the norm.

tandaina
November 14th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Thanks all, will try very hard to be patient. ;)

john
November 14th, 2014, 07:45 PM
I've bought a few pens from Engeika year ago, he shipped the pens very fast by EMS. I received the pens within a week.

Rusty888
November 15th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Thanks all, will try very hard to be patient. ;)

It all depends. Some pens he stocks and then it's usually from experience 2-3 till he posts. EMS are fairly quick in sending items

Some pens are special order. These he orders from the pen manufacturers which adds upwards of a week from experience to the normal time.

As the saying goes

Good
Cheap
Fast

You can only have two

With engeika fast is the one missing

tinysnail
November 24th, 2014, 11:19 PM
It's good to hear that waiting awhile before a pen ships is the norm from him. I ordered some things from him eight days ago and they still have yet to ship so I'm getting a little worried.

Rusty888
November 25th, 2014, 02:56 AM
It's good to hear that waiting awhile before a pen ships is the norm from him. I ordered some things from him eight days ago and they still have yet to ship so I'm getting a little worried.

Look at it this way. If you forget about it as it took too long it's a nice surprise

TheRealScubaSteve
November 25th, 2014, 04:32 AM
I ordered a converter for an Aurora from him. It took 4-5 days to ship, but it travels much quicker than other sellers. It'll be delivered within 15 days of purchase including a 5 day shipping delay. Tracking is nice - I've only had a few sellers do that for inexpensive items.

tinysnail
November 26th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Look at it this way. If you forget about it as it took too long it's a nice surprise

This is true! It's all fantastic as long as he's not the one who's forgotten about it, haha. I'll be willing to put up with a wait, as long as the package arrives, if it means saving a heck of a lot of money by buying straight from Japan.

tandaina
November 26th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Yeah it took about a week for him to ship (he may have had to order the pen from Pilot?). But once shipped it took 4 days to be in my hands. Beautiful pen, I'm very happy.

tinysnail
November 26th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Gotcha. The champagne pink VP is my faaaavourite by far, so well chosen :) I ordered a burgundy Custom 74 AND a transparent black Custom Heritage 92, so it's likely that he had to order from Pilot, then.

Rusty888
November 26th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Gotcha. The champagne pink VP is my faaaavourite by far, so well chosen :) I ordered a burgundy Custom 74 AND a transparent black Custom Heritage 92, so it's likely that he had to order from Pilot, then.

My only concern is the pilots I have got from him have all needed adjustment. However if you can factor the delay, cost of adjustment you can almost go on a holiday with the price difference.

tandaina
November 26th, 2014, 03:12 PM

My only concern is the pilots I have got from him have all needed adjustment. However if you can factor the delay, cost of adjustment you can almost go on a holiday with the price difference.

Well this Pilot didn't. ;) Perfect out of the box. Once I figured out the whole inner cap thing for the cartridge didn't actually go on the converter. ;)

TMac
November 27th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Most of my pens from Taizo arrive within about 10 days to East Coast US.
Always dependable

VertOlive
December 4th, 2014, 11:32 AM
My Koi came after about 14 days last year--it was around the holidays. I fretted through the entire process but would definitely order from him again.

tinysnail
December 4th, 2014, 04:04 PM
I got a shipping notification yesterday after placing an order on November 16th. I'd emailed him and he said he was just waiting to receive an order of items. So, I should finally get my stuff soon :)

Rusty888
December 5th, 2014, 03:07 AM
He has another offer early next year. The sailor Realo rhodium trim. Always buy iroshizuki ink off him to.

divdev@devonfernandez.com
March 13th, 2015, 07:36 AM
I made my first order from engeika and it shipped 22 days ago but still hasn't shown up here in New Hampshire. The tracking info shows two days of activity in Japan and then nothing with the comment " Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" It seems the variation in shipping time is huge.

divdev
April 12th, 2015, 12:38 PM
I finally got that first order. It took over a month at "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" However, I've had several other Engeika orders and EMS shipped orders from other vendors take only about a week. It seems that a little over a week is typical but the variance is large!

tandaina
April 12th, 2015, 01:15 PM
If you are USPS tracking for the switch over that 'original post' bit often indicates customs. It can indeed get take forever if you get unlucky. But usually from him it takes about a week for me.

Scrawler
April 18th, 2015, 06:21 PM
A few years ago Taizo sent me the rollerball version not the fountain pen. I contacted him immediately, and was blown away to find the replacement pen at my local post office 3 days later. I have no idea how he accomplished this feat, considering that I live in a tiny community in the middle of nowhere, very likely as far as it is possible to get from Tokyo. It would have had to have been on a plane to Toronto within moments of my contacting him.

Mags
April 19th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Just curious, I finally caved and ordered a vanishing point (champagne pink! squeee!) from Engeika's website. Wondering how quickly he usually ships? Haven't heard anything and it's been a couple days. (Just curious, not worried, I'm just impatient when it comes to pens.)

My best experience was one week from order to delivery.