PDA

View Full Version : And then there were ten (Pelikan M620)

JustDaveyB
July 24th, 2012, 05:28 AM
My number one pen want arrived in the mail today taking my collection of Pelikan M620 city/places series pens to ten.

The Pelikan M620 San Francisco has an amazing misty pattern of browns, black, silvers and greens. I can see why people who own them seem not to offer them for sale

The ten

anaximander
July 24th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Wow! What a great collection! The San Francisco pen is stunning. I think you've done a better job of photographing it than most.

writingrav
July 24th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Fantastic. Truly an inspiration.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FP_GaF
July 25th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Wow, that's a really nice pen. And a very nice collection, too. How many are there in total? Or to put it in another way: how far are you away from the complete set?

P. S.: The pictures are really nice, good job!

JustDaveyB
July 25th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Wow, that's a really nice pen. And a very nice collection, too. How many are there in total? Or to put it in another way: how far are you away from the complete set?

P. S.: The pictures are really nice, good job!

Two to go - Berlin which is a marbled green colour and Anthens which is blue, yellow and grey.

KrazyIvan
July 25th, 2012, 08:15 AM
and I thought it was going to be a while to complete your set. Sounds like you are very close to completing it. Congrats.

Bogon07
July 25th, 2012, 10:17 PM
JustDaveyB,

Wowie that is impressive, the latest pen and seeing them massed together.

The Chicago stands out being the only one with a plain cap that does not match the barrel.

jor412
July 29th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Thanks for pointing me to the thread. The SF is beautiful. Which one is your favorite?

peterpen53
July 31st, 2012, 03:15 PM
Much, much better picture than on Mottishaw's site. I can see why it was your number one. It rivals my favourite, the Grand Place.

Cheers,
Peter

drgoretex
August 6th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Oof - nice collection!

Can't wait to go after my next Pelikan!

Ken

brandonh
August 15th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Lovely collection! I'd love a Stockholm and an Athens to go with my lowly solid blue M605.

peterpen53
August 16th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Lovely collection! I'd love a Stockholm and an Athens to go with my lowly solid blue M605.

That's a typo, right? You meant to say lovely solid blue M605, didn't you? :)

yipe
August 25th, 2013, 08:13 PM
What is that one third from the right in the group shot? The white with pale colored stripes one?

Tony Rex
August 25th, 2013, 08:35 PM
What is that one third from the right in the group shot? The white with pale colored stripes one?

Place de la Concorde. Hth :-)

Tony

velo
August 26th, 2013, 02:21 AM

The one I missed out on.

Yes I'm still bitter. :D

kaisnowbird
August 26th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Congrats! Inspiring collection!
It made me want to start collecting, instead of just buying what catches my fancy.

gentlyom
August 26th, 2013, 11:39 AM
The one I missed out on.

Not trying to make you feel any worse, but I have one of these, and it is the only one pen so far in my small collection that has a noticeable calming effect. When I look at it, I feel calm and peaceful. :)

cedargirl
August 26th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Great pens. I think your latest is the prettiest yet. Well, maybe second to the brown one on the end to the right hand side.

dr.grace
August 26th, 2013, 11:45 PM
That SF model is gorgeous! I can't recall having seen one for sale, so you did very well.

I have the Berlin, and it's amazing, too, in a different way. I once had the Shanghai, but the colors seemed too gaudy and just didn't speak to me. (Obviously, I'm not collecting the whole series!)

velo
August 28th, 2013, 02:04 AM
The one I missed out on.

Not trying to make you feel any worse, but I have one of these, and it is the only one pen so far in my small collection that has a noticeable calming effect. When I look at it, I feel calm and peaceful. :)

Perhaps the only predominantly colourful pen that consistently catches my eye.

It would look great amongst my black and stainless silver pens.;)

It's JustDaveyB's fault. I would never have seen it if it wasn't for his blog. A great collection of Pelikans.

gentlyom
August 28th, 2013, 08:55 AM

It's JustDaveyB's fault. I would never have seen it if it wasn't for his blog. A great collection of Pelikans.

I think you are very hopeful finding one on Ebay, just few weeks ago, I saw one listed for sale and the price was very good. Good luck!! :)

JustDaveyB
August 28th, 2013, 06:24 PM

I think you are very hopeful finding one on Ebay, just few weeks ago, I saw one listed for sale and the price was very good. Good luck!! :)

Yes it was the tie for the cheapest of all my M620s - People seem not to prize it. I agree that it is a very soothing pen colour.

velo
August 29th, 2013, 01:27 AM

That was probably the one I missed out on :)

The search will continue.

Yes it was the tie for the cheapest of all my M620s - People seem not to prize it. I agree that it is a very soothing pen colour.

I really like the Chicago one as well. From around the web they seem to be the least desired.

Frank
August 29th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Great collection IS right!!

Proud owner of "The Grand Place"
(far right model in your group pic!)

Frank

mhphoto
August 30th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Jeepers those are beautiful...