PDA

View Full Version : M Notebook by Staples

writingrav
July 25th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Finding myself in need of a notebook and with no access to mail or UPS delivery to order one and not a single stationary store that I could find in the Scranton PA region I went to Staples looking for a notebook and some blue ink at the suggestion of Manoeuver. The only ink I found was Quink, as expected, but only black, which I did not need. But the notebook was a different story. After scanning the shelves for awhile and almost giving up I noticed this one and recognized what I later learned Staples calls an M, but which I always took to be the logo for their arc system (Levenger circa knock -offs. Knowing the arc system paper to be fountain pen friendly I took a chance. Am I glad that I did. It is officially called M by Staples Notebook and also designated Carnet De Notes. It is hard covered with a soft leatherette covering. 8.5 x 6 inches ( 21.6 cm x 15.2 cm), college ruled, with a ribbon page marker, 96 pages. The paper is described as "Premium heavyweight ". It feels exactly like Rhodia and as you can see below takes my J. Herbin Anniversary Rouge without a problem with no feathering or bleed through, not even slight show through. This is plain and simple a great notebook (on staples.com it was listed as M by Staples Business Notebook for some reason - item 36951) and all for $7.99! Much as I love my webbies I can buy 3 of these for the price of 1. The way I go through journals this is no small savings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KrazyIvan
July 25th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Looks interesting. I am going to have to check them out whenever I go to Staples, which is not often since it is in the next city.

manoeuver
July 26th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Ah! good find. I'll have to check that out too.

fountainpenkid
July 26th, 2012, 04:31 PM
THANK YOU!!!! I think I'll use these for school. I was gonna go with clairfontaine from the goulets, but these look better...and are cheaper!

Will

melissa59
July 30th, 2012, 01:42 AM
I've been AWOL for awhile. Out of state visitors and other stuff.
I'm a bit late popping in on this thread, but wanted to say thank you!
It looks exactly like what I want. Especially the price.

writingrav
July 30th, 2012, 07:44 AM
You're welcome. Just went back and stocked up!